|This is Pmlineditor's talk page, where you can send messages and comments to Pmlineditor.|
|Archives: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10|
- 1 ACC
- 2 The WikiProject Video Games Newsletter, Q2 2014
- 3 Orphaned non-free image File:Softpedia.png
- 4 Fernando7's Changing Username Issue
- 5 deletion
- 6 WikiCup 2014 September newsletter
- 7 The WikiProject Video Games Newsletter, Q3 2014
- 8 Simple English Wiktionary
- 9 WikiCup 2014: The results
- 10 WikiCup 2015 is just around the corner...
I've reactivated your ACC account, and added your cloak to the #wikipedia-en-accounts IRC channel. Please take a good look at the guide before handling requests again - a fair amount has changed in the last couple of years! Remember to sign up for the mailing list.
Pop into the IRC channel if you've got questions, and welcome back!
- Thanks! I'll probably take the role of an observer for a couple of days seeing how much it has changed, heh. Regards, Pmlineditor (t · c · l) 16:06, 10 June 2014 (UTC)
After reviewing your request for the account creator right, I have enabled the flag on your account. Keep in mind these things:
- The account creator right removes the limit on the maximum number of new accounts that can be created in a 24-hour period.
- The account creator right is not a status symbol. If it remains unused, it is likely to be removed. Abuse of the account creator right will result in its removal by an administrator.
If you no longer require the right, let me know, or ask any other administrator. Drop a note if you run into troubles or have any questions about appropriate/inappropriate use of the account creator right. Happy editing! — xaosflux Talk 17:44, 13 June 2014 (UTC)
The WikiProject Video Games Newsletter, Q2 2014
Orphaned non-free image File:Softpedia.png
Thanks for uploading File:Softpedia.png. The image description page currently specifies that the image is non-free and may only be used on Wikipedia under a claim of fair use. However, the image is currently not used in any articles on Wikipedia. If the image was previously in an article, please go to the article and see why it was removed. You may add it back if you think that that will be useful. However, please note that images for which a replacement could be created are not acceptable for use on Wikipedia (see our policy for non-free media).
Fernando7's Changing Username Issue
Hey, this is me, Fernando7. I noticed that my request to change my name still has not a response by a admin if it was approved or not. Though it seems not to be a problem, it seems my request is being skipped on purpose, as other requests that were made after mine are answered. Please see mine, and tell me if it was approved or not. 16:13, September 28, 2014 (EST)
- Hi, since you don't have a global account, I think you need to make a request on Meta-Wiki for a local rename or contact a steward here. Pmlineditor (t · c · l) 06:06, 29 September 2014 (UTC)
you have made speedy deletion tag to article Madhav mahamune but you have not warned its creator. plz put the message on his talk. the message is placed at the bottom of deletion template. Owais khursheed (talk) 06:32, 29 September 2014 (UTC)
- Yes, I forgot about doing that because I was handling a rename request. Tbh, you could have warned the user yourself, but thanks for notifying me... Pmlineditor (t · c · l) 08:33, 29 September 2014 (UTC)
In one month's time, we will know our WikiCup 2014 champion. Newcomer Godot13 (submissions) has taken a strong lead with a featured list (historical coats of arms of the U.S. states from 1876) and a raft of featured pictures. Reigning champion Cwmhiraeth (submissions) is in second place with a number of high-importance biology articles, including new FA Isopoda and new GA least weasel. Casliber (submissions), who is in his fifth WikiCup final, is in third, with featured articles Pictor and Epacris impressa.
Signups for the 2015 WikiCup are open. All Wikipedians, new and experienced, are warmly invited to sign up for the competition. Wikipedians interested in friendly competition may also like to sign up for the GA Cup, a new WikiCup-inspired competition which revolves around completing good article reviews. As ever, questions are welcome on Wikipedia talk:WikiCup, and the judges are reachable on their talk pages or by email. Good luck! If you wish to start or stop receiving this newsletter, please feel free to add or remove yourself from Wikipedia:WikiCup/Newsletter/Send. J Milburn (talk · contribs) The ed17 (talk · contribs) and Miyagawa (talk · contribs) 22:11, 30 September 2014 (UTC)
The WikiProject Video Games Newsletter, Q3 2014
Simple English Wiktionary
- Hi, good to see you! It's true that I'm not very active on Simple English Wiktionary but I still check RC every day even if I'm not editing. :) Regards, Pmlineditor (t · c · l) 11:38, 9 October 2014 (UTC)
WikiCup 2014: The results
The 2014 WikiCup champion is Godot13 (submissions), who flew the flag of the Smithsonian Institution. This was Godot13's first WikiCup competition and, over the 10 months of the competition, he has produced (among other contributions) two featured lists and an incredible 292 featured pictures, including architectural photographs and scans of historical documents. Cwmhiraeth (submissions), 2012 and 2013 WikiCup champion, came in second, having written a large number of biology-related articles. Casliber (submissions), WikiCup finalist every year since 2010, finished in third.
A full list of our prize-winners follows:
- Godot13 (submissions) wins the prize for first place and the FP prize for 181 featured pictures in the final round.
- Cwmhiraeth (submissions) wins the prize for second place and the DYK prize for 65 did you knows in the final round.
- Casliber (submissions) wins the prize for third place and the FA prize for four featured articles in the final round.
- Czar (submissions) wins the prize for fourth place
- Sturmvogel 66 (submissions) wins a final 8 prize.
- Bloom6132 (submissions) wins a final 8 prize.
- 12george1 (submissions) wins a final 8 prize.
- ChrisGualtieri (submissions) wins the GA prize for 27 good articles in round 2 and the review prize for 28 good article reviews in round 1.
- Caponer (submissions) wins the FL prize for three featured lists in round 2.
- Sven Manguard (submissions) wins the FPo prize his work on featured portals.
- Figureskatingfan (submissions) wins the topic prize for a nine-article featured topic in round 3.
- ThaddeusB (submissions) wins the news prize for 28 in the news articles in round 3.
Congratulations to everyone who has been successful in this year's WikiCup, whether you made it to the final rounds or not, and a particular congratulations to the newcomers to the WikiCup who have participated this year. We warmly invite all of you to sign up for next year's competition. Discussions and polls concerning potential rules changes are also open, and all are welcome to participate. The WikiCup judges will be back in touch over the coming months, and we hope to see you all in the 2014 competition. Until then, it only remains to once again congratulate our worthy winners, and thank all participants for their involvement! If you wish to start or stop receiving this newsletter, please feel free to add or remove yourself from Wikipedia:WikiCup/Newsletter/Send. J Milburn (talk · contribs) The ed17 (talk · contribs) and Miyagawa (talk · contribs) 22:52, 4 November 2014 (UTC)
WikiCup 2015 is just around the corner...
Hello everyone, and may we wish you all a happy holiday season. As you will probably already know, the 2015 WikiCup begins in the new year; there is still time to sign up. We have a few important announcements concerning the future of the WikiCup.
- We would like to announce that Josh (J Milburn) and Ed (The ed17), who have been WikiCup judges since 2009 and 2010 respectively, are stepping down. This decision has been made for a number of reasons, but the main one is time. Both Josh and Ed have found that, over the previous year, they have been unable to devote the time necessary to the WikiCup, and it is not likely that they will be able to do this in the near future. Furthermore, new people at the helm can only help to invigorate the WikiCup and keep it dynamic. Josh and Ed will still be around, and will likely be participating in the Cup this following year as competitors, which is where both started out.
- In a similar vein, we hope you will all join us in welcoming Jason (Sturmvogel 66) and Christine (Figureskatingfan), who are joining Brian (Miyagawa) to form the 2015 WikiCup judging team. Jason is a WikiCup veteran, having won in 2010 and finishing in fifth this year. Christine has participated in two WikiCups, reaching the semi-finals in both, and is responsible for the GA Cup, which she now co-runs.
- The discussions/polls concerning the next competition's rules will be closed soon, and rules changes will be made clear on Wikipedia:WikiCup/Scoring and talk pages. While it may be impossible to please everyone, the judges will make every effort to ensure that the new rules are both fair and in the best interests of the competition, which is, first and foremost, about improving Wikipedia.
If you have any questions or concerns, the judges can be reached on Wikipedia talk:WikiCup, on their talk pages, or by email. We hope you will all join us in trying to make the 2015 WikiCup the most productive and enjoyable yet. You are receiving this message because you are listed on Wikipedia:WikiCup/Newsletter/Send. J Milburn (talk), The ed17 (talk), Miyagawa (talk), Sturmvogel 66 (talk) and Figureskatingfan (talk) 18:54, 7 December 2014 (UTC)