|Please place new discussions at the bottom of the talk page.|
|This is Qed237's talk page, where you can send messages and comments to Qed237.|
|Threads older than 21 days may be archived by.|
- 1 Message
- 2 date
- 3 Invitation
- 4 TW
- 5 Gary Medel, Kim Bo Kyung, Guido Bergstaller
- 6 I used provelt and it didn't work!
- 7 Notice of Edit warring noticeboard discussion
- 8 Alexis Sanchez
- 9 Revert
- 10 2015–16 Premier League
- 11 Side-Scrolling
- 12 Signature
- 13 Test templates
- 14 Changes to top goal scorer in 2014–15 season
- 15 Edit (Alen Halilovic)
- 16 Timestamp updates
- 17 Template:2014–15 UEFA Europa League knockout phase bracket
- 18 Posted updated pictures in good faith and as a fellow "sportsnerd"
- 19 Watford
- 20 Pac (wrestler) - Please assume good faith
- 21 Just wondering...
- 22 Name
- 23 PellèLong
- 24 Hello there !
- 25 Mike Tindall - was trying to add the below but a tag was wrong?
- 26 Disambiguation link notification for April 29
- 27 Thanks
- 28 2015–16 UEFA Europa League
- 29 2015 IIHF World Championship#Hidden bracket
- 30 That edit
- I understand. Comment has now been modified to make it clearer. QED237 (talk) 22:22, 13 April 2015 (UTC)
@Dfrr: Thank you for the invitation. I dont have much time and my music knowledge and interest is not that great so I will kindly say "thanks, but no thanks" to this invitation. QED237 (talk) 22:24, 13 April 2015 (UTC)
do not use TW by me.because I didn't make mistake on purpose.It has become a kind of prejudice.Hope is the last time you use TW.
- Twinkle is simply a tool for reverting and I did not label your edit as vandalism while reverting. It was just a regular revert restoring article after a good faith but non-constructive edits. Only because twinkle was used does not mean it was a bad edit and as you can see you have not been warned or anything it was just a simple revert restoring the page to what it should be. I will keep using twinkle (along with many others) as a tool for reverting edits that did not improve that articles. QED237 (talk) 14:02, 14 April 2015 (UTC)
Gary Medel, Kim Bo Kyung, Guido Bergstaller
Can you please explain why Transfer Markt is not a reliable source when the stats are compiled by links and is used hundreds of times as official records stats for players? -User:Himynameismartyn87 (talk) 16:28, 16 April 2015 (UTC)
- @Himynameismartyn87: Transfermarkt is not reliable for the same reason wikipedia itself can not be used as source. It is user edited so anyone can create an account and edit the stats and then use their own stats (via transfermarkt) to edit here. The case of transfermarkt has been discussed several times and WP:RSN (Reliable source noticeboard) and the result has been the same every time, not reliable. QED237 (talk) 15:46, 16 April 2015 (UTC)
- @Himynameismartyn87: It depends on the player. Sometimes the national association can be reliable, like svenskfotboll.se for Swedish players or perhaps premier league for PL players. But I would probably look at Soccerway (that actually has a template Template:Soccerway), Soccerbase (Template:Soccerbase), ESPN or something. You can always look at other players for ideas, I saw Lionel Messi was sourced with bdfutbol.com. QED237 (talk) 15:56, 16 April 2015 (UTC)
I used provelt and it didn't work!
I spent 5 minutes using provelt to add one from the Livingston website. It is the last time I use provelt. May be you could try viewing the club website and adding it. Red Jay (talk) 17:39, 16 April 2015 (UTC)
- @Red Jay: Okay, I understand. I have never used proveIt myself, I do it manually, but I can understand that sometimes these things may not work as intended. I will remove my warning on your talkpage. QED237 (talk) 17:42, 16 April 2015 (UTC)
- I saw now it was already removed. Sorry for warning so fast. QED237 (talk) 17:43, 16 April 2015 (UTC)
- Haven't got time to do it manually now, in a library that closing, but the link I tried to add is http://www.livingstonfc.co.uk/team_profiles/team_boulding.php
- I've acknowledged your warning, but removed it. It's okay I hadn't spotted what had happened. Red Jay (talk) 17:44, 16 April 2015 (UTC)
- @Red Jay: I added with source now from the signing. http://www.livingstonfc.co.uk/news/news_20150320_2.php. QED237 (talk) 17:48, 16 April 2015 (UTC)
- Okay, no problem. QED237 (talk) 18:05, 16 April 2015 (UTC)
Notice of Edit warring noticeboard discussion
Hello. This message is being sent to inform you that there is currently a discussion involving you at Wikipedia:Administrators' noticeboard/Edit warring regarding a possible violation of Wikipedia's policy on edit warring. The thread is Wikipedia:Administrators' noticeboard/Edit warring#User:Qed237 reported by User:Walter Görlitz (Result: ). Thank you. Walter Görlitz (talk) 13:53, 17 April 2015 (UTC)
- I have responded and I am noit the only one at fault here. I follow MOS for the professional as described on Talk:Ciro Immobile. QED237 (talk) 16:40, 17 April 2015 (UTC)
- @Edders527: Hi and welcome to wikipedia. The main reason for why I reverted was to restore the article to a revision without the vandalism added by a vandal, saying that Alexis is Serbian and supports Serbia. Regarding the photo you added, it is nice, but in infoboxes it is better to have a image that shows head, neck and maybe top of chest. We dont need to see the legs as infobox then gets very long. However we might consider adding the image further down in the text. QED237 (talk) 18:38, 17 April 2015 (UTC)
- No problem. QED237 (talk) 18:46, 17 April 2015 (UTC)
- @TeaLover1996: I could not see any improvement on the article. Order has also been dicussed here. QED237 (talk) 17:03, 18 April 2015 (UTC)
2015–16 Premier League
Hello, I have not any source, but I can prove that I am correct. Stoke City has got 46 points, by that they can secure a premier league place next season. It is because the highest points for QPR and Burley are 41, that means Stoke City must have a higher position than them. And since Leister City are 28 points now, they must win all the matches on hand to get a higher position than Stoke City. However, since Leister City needs to play against Sunderland and by the fact that Leister City wins them, Sunderland can only get 44 points for the most, which means that either or both of Leister City and Sunderland will get a lower position than Stoke City! As a result, Stoke City can get at least 17th place and they have secured a position for next season Premier League. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Laino49000 (talk • contribs) 18:41, 18 April 2015 (UTC)
- @Laino49000: First of all new talkpage posts always at the bottom (which you can read in the info on top of my talkpage). Secondly since this is WP:OR, with other words personal calculations, it can not be added unless verified by other users at the article talkpage. We can not add content based on our own calculations. QED237 (talk) 19:04, 18 April 2015 (UTC)
- Possibly, I have not done all math but at the moment it is unsourced. QED237 (talk) 11:22, 19 April 2015 (UTC)
I'd like to ask your opinion on something, in the article TeaLover1996 17:29, 19 April 2015 (UTC)where it says its games that are viewed from the side, such as flappy bird, would you agree it would usually be called a side scrolling game where it is a fixed view from the side that cannot be adjusted, or could a game like Fifa be called side scrolling as you can view the gameplay from the side, although the camera angle can be changed would it be called a side scrolling game if the angle can be changed or would a side scrolling game be games that only have a fixed view, any thoughts on the subject?
- @TeaLover1996: I have no idea. This is something that should be discussed on article talkpage if you have questions. QED237 (talk) 16:32, 19 April 2015 (UTC)
If a user uses another editors signature:
- A: Is it impersonation?
- B: Am I right that it is prohibited to do so?
- C: Is there a Wikipedia Policy outlining it?
Regards once again TeaLover1996 18:57, 19 April 2015 (UTC)
- @TeaLover1996: Most info about signatures can be read at WP:SIGNATURES and using signature from others at WP:SIGFORGE, and it seems like it says it is impersonation and it is prohibited. You should never use another editors signature (but sometimes less experienced editors copy it in the middle of a text, then you replace it and let them know not to do that). QED237 (talk) 11:25, 20 April 2015 (UTC)
- @Oldstone James: I dont think there is a special place. You can always create a sandbox for the template if it already exists and you can also use your own sandbox. Some info can be read at Wikipedia:Template sandbox and test cases. QED237 (talk) 11:18, 20 April 2015 (UTC)
- @Oldstone James: If you go to your personal sandbox you can test templates there as well as testing other things as well, also like Qed237 has said you can create a sandbox for just testing templates, you can go to your personal sandbox by or look at the top right hand of your screen (if your on a computer or laptop) and click the Sandbox link, have fun :) TeaLover1996 19:06, 21 April 2015 (UTC)
Changes to top goal scorer in 2014–15 season
- @Mijcofr: Try reading my edit summary. At the bottom of the infobox it says "As of 11 April" and Cristiano Ronaldo had only 38 goals by that date. When you update the infobo you MUST UPDATE ENTIRE INFOBOX and also the DATE at the bottom to let other editors know when stats are correct and updated. Next time UPDATE THE DATE AND THE REST OF THE INFOBOX. QED237 (talk) 20:13, 21 April 2015 (UTC)
- @Mijcofr: It is a very good reason. You inserted factual errors and that should be reverted immediately. QED237 (talk) 21:59, 21 April 2015 (UTC)
Edit (Alen Halilovic)
I watch segunda division regularly, I edited the number of games played by Alen Halilovic (22) but you have changed it to 20 games. You can also check the number of games played by him during 2014/15 season here => http://www.transfermarkt.com/alen-halilovic/leistungsdaten/spieler/226074 — Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) 17:04, 22 April 2015 (UTC)
- The numbers are probably right but you have to updat the timestamp to let editors know when it was updated. After your edits it says "as of 23 March" which is not true. Please update the timestamps (dates). Also please note that transfermarkt is not a reliable source. QED237 (talk) 17:16, 22 April 2015 (UTC)
Hi, I just have a file on my PC where I store these messages and other useful Wikipedia stuff (infobox templates etc.) and copy and paste them if needed. You can of course use my message if you think it's useful (it's a wiki after all). --Jaellee (talk) 19:17, 22 April 2015 (UTC)
- Okay, thank you. QED237 (talk) 19:32, 22 April 2015 (UTC)
Template:2014–15 UEFA Europa League knockout phase bracket
- Okay, great. QED237 (talk) 19:57, 24 April 2015 (UTC)
Posted updated pictures in good faith and as a fellow "sportsnerd"
Looking to understand why the updated pictures that I provided for Jackson Martinez were removed. I am a bit new to editing but I think I did the right thing. I own the pictures I supplied. Any specific reason they were denied? Anything I can do on my end for these to be approved? Thanks. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Ilovecoffee123 (talk • contribs) 03:03, 25 April 2015 (UTC)
- @Ilovecoffee123: Wikipedia are very hard on copyright, especially on images, and you must be able to "prove" that they are your own images (taken by your camera). The images you uploaded could be seen directly on a google search and they had been used in newsarticled making it hard to believe they where yours. Did you take those pictures with your own camera or how do you mean you own the pictures? QED237 (talk) 13:59, 25 April 2015 (UTC)
I accept that I made a mistake re Watford and promotion. However, I strongly resent your allegation of "persistent vandalism". The very fact that I added a note saying why I was making these edits, even if it was erroneous, as I now accept, disproves the accusation that I was deliberately setting out to cause a nuisance, which is essentially what vandalism is. I had even double checked this season's Championship standing on Wikipedia to make sure that I was correct. Obviously, I was in the wrong and I accept that, but it is not fair to put a simple misunderstanding in the same category as somebody deliberately setting out to cause trouble. I hope that this will be the end of the matter and that this can be resolved amicably.
- Sorry If I was to fast to warn, but you were persistent in removing Watford when many others added them, you should have realized something was wrong. Sorry for warning that fast. QED237 (talk) 20:25, 25 April 2015 (UTC)
Pac (wrestler) - Please assume good faith
Are we looking at the same talk page? The failed move request was from over a year ago, and from the discussion it seems a lot has changed in the subject's career since then. The recent discussion indicates an agreement to move it to Neville (wrestler). What amuses you by my, as an uninvolved party, taking another editor's request in good faith? There was a discussion. Why are you reverting rather than discussing? --Hadal (talk) 20:43, 25 April 2015 (UTC)
- Again I ask, are we looking at the same talk page? There IS no open request. It was never properly listed at WP:RM, and the discussion started in JANUARY 2015. Did you read the talk page? The only voice that was in opposition is now in open agreement with "Neville (wrestler)." By the way, if you're going to move pages you really should fix the double redirects you create. --Hadal (talk) 20:55, 25 April 2015 (UTC)
I feel pretty upset that my request has lead to this and that QED has acted so rashly and accused me of not reading the talk page when in fact he himself did not read it properly. 220.127.116.11 (talk) 21:02, 25 April 2015 (UTC)
- The page has a denied request and is not "uncontroversial" so it shall not be moved as such. Pretty simple. If you want it moved, open a proper request. QED237 (talk) 21:06, 25 April 2015 (UTC)
The denial is very old and things have changed a lot since then. In the new request there is one oppose and he has now retracted it. With all due respect, you are the one who is making it controversial, if you change your mind on that then the controversy is gone. 18.104.22.168 (talk) 21:12, 25 April 2015 (UTC)
- I am not making it anything, if article has a proper request granted, then there are no issues. I wont change my mind as it may be seen as controversial. QED237 (talk) 21:17, 25 April 2015 (UTC)
- Please dont tell me what to do. I was right to question the move, but I did not intend to upset anyone so sorry if anyone got offended by that. Still I would never have made a move as "uncontroversial" seeing it has been denied before and that there are current "oppose" -votes. Pages should not be moved around to easy. QED237 (talk) 21:34, 25 April 2015 (UTC)
- So sorry if anyone feel offended or upset, that was not what I was trying to do. QED237 (talk) 21:35, 25 April 2015 (UTC)
- I wrote on the talkpage of the editor as well. Good luck with the move request. QED237 (talk) 21:45, 25 April 2015 (UTC)
- @J man708: Sometimes it feels like I do! I am not online all the time, but I am online in many shorter periods. I tend to update my watchlist now and then to see if something interesting has happened, but I am not on wikipedia all the time. QED237 (talk) 22:49, 25 April 2015 (UTC)
- Sometimes I may be on wiki too much. QED237 (talk) 22:50, 25 April 2015 (UTC)
- Exactly, I have been stuck today. QED237 (talk) 23:02, 25 April 2015 (UTC)
- Could be, as long wikipedia dont take time you need irl. QED237 (talk) 22:25, 26 April 2015 (UTC)
- @TeaLover1996: That account has nothing to do with me. QED is a latin shortening for Quod Erat Demonstrandum used when things should be proved, so I guess other people have found it interesting. QED237 (talk) 14:47, 27 April 2015 (UTC)
- @GiantSnowman: Thank you very much. QED237 (talk) 18:06, 27 April 2015 (UTC)
Hello there !
Well Mr.revert !! Hello!! first of all let me say I am sorry about last revert after everything i found out myself you were correct about it. but this is could be really avoided if you could easily explained this on my talk page or on the page talk page why you reverted it .
2nd .. Seriously man do you need to send a threaten with every revert with TW or threaten for banning or something ? :) I really think it adds more tension for any discussion right ?I know you are trying to improve wikipedia but sometimes you are acting aggressively which leads to misunderstanding especially when you revert without explaining .. I believe .
again sorry for the mess you were this time correct and there is no shame i admit I was wrong accept my apology .=)
Happy Editing .
- @Adnan n2: Hi!
- I probably could have been better at explaining, I just assumed that you would take a second look at the article and see the rank for the nations, but it was wrong of me to assume that.
- Secondly I do not threaten at every revert, did I threaten you? I will take your opinion to consideration, but I believe the warnings are correct and I try and not template regular editors (unless it is very clear).
- No problem, your apology are accepted, I understand the confusion that may exist about the subject (one of the reasons you were not warned).
- Happy editing to you to. QED237 (talk) 09:34, 28 April 2015 (UTC)
Mike Tindall - was trying to add the below but a tag was wrong?
In April 2015 Tindall became a brand ambassador for online bookmaker Betway. Tindall will feature in the firm’s advertising and promotional materials as well as some media appearances. He will also provide unique content for Betway’s blog in the run-up to the World Cup, the autumn internationals and next year’s Six Nations http://www.sbcnews.co.uk/marketing/2015/04/09/mike-tindall-joins-betway-ahead-of-2015-rugby-world-cup/ — Preceding unsigned comment added by Patrickmcgowan1989 (talk • contribs)
- @Patrickmcgowan1989: Yes the ref-tags was wrong. Every reference must start with <ref> and end with </ref>. I have corrected it and restored the content you removed. QED237 (talk) 14:27, 28 April 2015 (UTC)
Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. Wikipedia appreciates your help. We noticed though that when you edited Mike Tindall, you added a link pointing to the disambiguation page Six Nations (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver). Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.
|Just to say thanks for your help at Didier Drogba,
appreciated! TeaLover1996 (talk) 03:49, 30 April 2015 (UTC)
- No problem. QED237 (talk) 09:51, 30 April 2015 (UTC)
- @Brateevsky: We only list teams that actually has qualified and not finalists. QED237 (talk) 16:07, 1 May 2015 (UTC)
2015 IIHF World Championship#Hidden bracket
You are invited to join the discussion at 2015 IIHF World Championship#Hidden bracket. Reply to your edit summary. It is thoroughly explained. It is empty content. Thanks. Callmemirela (Go Habs Go!) 23:31, 2 May 2015 (UTC)
- @Callmemirela: It is not empty content as it shows what teams will meet, like A1-B4 and so on. QED237 (talk) 23:37, 2 May 2015 (UTC)
I was watching the match and once it ended I saw the link of highest scorers so I updated it (only changed Messi from Ronaldo). I did not realise that other matches were on that match day as well and that one needed to update the entire box with various changes at the end of the day. Sorry, I just was not aware of how things worked there and I will take care of it next time. Thanks. — Yash! (Y) 00:13, 3 May 2015 (UTC)