User talk:R. S. Shaw
Hi. When you recently edited Squamous-cell carcinoma, you added a link pointing to the disambiguation page Epidermis (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver). Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.
Nice find.... easy fix
Curation Toolbar absent
- I don't know any way except giving feedback on Wikipedia talk:Page Curation. In my case, I cured the problem by closing the browser window containing the "new page feed" page and reopening it. It might also be good to try a "complete refresh" of that page and a reviewed page (complete refresh being shift-F5 on some browsers I think, and two successive CNTRL-refreshes on Chrome). I haven't been able to recreate the problem today. --R. S. Shaw (talk) 19:04, 12 September 2012 (UTC)
- I've tried everything, including asking Keyes to look into to it. For some reason he declines to respond. Kudpung กุดผึ้ง (talk) 07:19, 13 September 2012 (UTC)
- R.S., is this now solved? Re your message above that there's been no recreation :). Okeyes (WMF) (talk) 11:09, 15 September 2012 (UTC)
- For me the toolbar has been working since before my previous post. I have not seen any further problems, although I have not used the feature heavily. All I can say is I'm not seeing the problem now, and I don't know a way of recreating it. --R. S. Shaw (talk) 05:58, 16 September 2012 (UTC)
Hey R. S. Shaw. I'm dropping you a note because you've been using the Page Curation suite recently - this is just to let you know that we've deployed the final version :). There's some help documentation Wikipedia:Page Curation/Introductionhere that shows off all the features, just in case there are things you're not familiar with. If you find any bugs or have requests for new features, let us know here. Thanks! Okeyes (WMF) (talk) 11:59, 24 September 2012 (UTC)
- The quoted phrase indeed had inappropriate tone (and content), and needed to be removed; it was probably added by a young, naive contributor. The sentence containing it had just been added in the edit before your edit which tagged the article, and probably would have been fairly soon removed by someone. Beyond that sentence, the applicability of the tags probably isn't immediately apparent to many people, and so to be effective more details of the deficiencies need to be added to the talk page. Better yet would be to actually make the relevant improvements to the article itself. However, simply burdening the article with boxes at the top demanding that someone else make vague changes to the text of it does not seem helpful to me, and I'm going to decline to deface the article with such boxes. --R. S. Shaw (talk) 21:01, 7 October 2012 (UTC)
|Michael Q. Schmidt talkback is wishing you Season's Greetings! This message celebrates the holiday season, promotes WikiLove, and hopefully makes your day a little better. Spread the seasonal good cheer by wishing another user a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, whether it be someone you have had disagreements with in the past, a good friend, or just some random person. Share the good feelings. - MQS|
- OK, I see you got it all fixed. I don't understand what you did, but the result looks good. Ignore these comments. Peter Flass (talk) 01:07, 30 December 2013 (UTC)
- Sorry for the mistaken revert. I somehow misinterpreted the changes wherein one piece of vandalism you had missed I thought you had made. When I saw my mistake, I reverted my revert, and then figured out the right thing needed and did that (what I should have first done). --R. S. Shaw (talk) 01:18, 30 December 2013 (UTC)
Speedy deletion nomination of Kmgray7/Marine Science Technician
A tag has been placed on Kmgray7/Marine Science Technician requesting that it be speedily deleted from Wikipedia. This has been done under section R3 of the criteria for speedy deletion, because it is a redirect from an implausible typo or misnomer. Please note that articles must be on notable subjects and should provide references to reliable sources that verify their content.
If you think this page should not be deleted for this reason, you may contest the nomination by visiting the page and clicking the button labelled "Click here to contest this speedy deletion". This will give you the opportunity to explain why you believe the page should not be deleted. However, be aware that once a page is tagged for speedy deletion, it may be removed without delay. Please do not remove the speedy deletion tag from the page yourself, but do not hesitate to add information in line with Wikipedia's policies and guidelines. Technical 13 (talk) 14:52, 30 January 2014 (UTC)