A discussion is taking place as to whether the article National Centre for Excellence is suitable for inclusion in Wikipedia according to Wikipedia's policies and guidelines or whether it should be deleted.
The article will be discussed at Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/National Centre for Excellence until a consensus is reached, and anyone is welcome to contribute to the discussion. The nomination will explain the policies and guidelines which are of concern. The discussion focuses on high-quality evidence and our policies and guidelines.
Users may edit the article during the discussion, including to improve the article to address concerns raised in the discussion. However, do not remove the article-for-deletion notice from the top of the article. Primefac (talk) 14:56, 15 December 2014 (UTC)
Lawrence F Jindra deletion
Hello, you recently deleted a biography that I wrote, Draft:Lawrence F. Jindra, MD, claiming that it was promotional. This biography had been reviewed by at least 3 other editors and I made all of the changes that they requested but not one of them said anything about it being promotional in nature. I also requested feedback and help to which I got no response. I believe I should have been given an opportunity to continue working on the biography based on some clear, constructive criticism. Simply deleting something that I worked very hard on is quite frustrating. Kimvale1025 (talk) 16:50, 15 December 2014 (UTC)
- The last state of the page contained about 2 kbytes of feedback of which you have followed very little. Which of your references were "links to significant coverage in reliable, independent secondary sources"? But it does not matter - kindly have the decency to wait until someone with no COI thinks the guy (you?) is notable and writes about him here. — RHaworth (talk · contribs) 17:30, 15 December 2014 (UTC)
Ajm95 (talk · contribs) - this user's explanation seemed pretty plausible; the subject (Connor Franta) did indirectly suggest that someone should create a Wikipedia page about him, and has several million Twitter subscribers. The user agreed to not create articles about him, so I'm giving them a second chance. I'll keep an eye on them and will re-block if they renege on their pledge. OhNoitsJamie Talk 15:05, 16 December 2014 (UTC)
- Kikichugirl and Ohnoitsjamie, I blocked Ajm95 because there was no other contribs history but I agree the unblocking. I did hesitate before blocking Tiaguinho-map (talk · contribs) and Iblanc101 (talk · contribs) because both have done useful edits. I have now unblocked both. — RHaworth (talk · contribs) 23:43, 16 December 2014 (UTC)
- that didn't ping me... I usually don't go anywhere near CSD or anything else for recently created Draft namespace articles, but their persistance was starting to annoy me. If there are so many people trying to create an article about him, then AfC is probably the way to go, or if a user waits until they have a substantial number of edits and finding RS for the GNG requirement before hitting save on the first try. I'll keep an eye out — kikichugirl inquire 00:33, 17 December 2014 (UTC)
- @Kikichugirl: and @Ohnoitsjamie: I think I now know how to use ping! For the record, the burst of independent bios was triggered by this rambling, egocentric YouTube video which specifically mentions Wikipedia. — RHaworth (talk · contribs) 14:19, 17 December 2014 (UTC)
- Good call on protecting the draft space title (mainspace title is protected until next summer). OhNoitsJamie Talk 15:17, 17 December 2014 (UTC)
- With 3.8 million subscribers though, he's probably going to be notable at some point... he's just missing someone to write a good, includable article about him that has reliable sources. A google news search reveals that he's mostly notable for his being open about his sexual orientation but nothing really that seems to set him apart from the (probably thousands of) vloggers who don't have a wikipedia article. — kikichugirl inquire 19:48, 17 December 2014 (UTC)
The Knowledge Centre for Agriculture Deletion
[Title width guide. Delete above here if no further edits - already in archive. If further edits, move below here.]
I see you deleted the page Service Dogs by Warren Retrievers. Can you let me know what I can do to have the page approved next time, and what kind of edits I can make for next time to ensure my article is objective?
Global eSolutions (HK) Limited
hi, thanks for your patrolling. We respect your notes and willing to do any correction to make the page non-advertising. Actually I left msg by clicking the button of "Click here to contest this speedy deletion" but seems no response from you. I can't find the page anymore so I recreated it, the link is in Global eSolutions (HK) Limited.
Our page content was wrote in referring to one of our industry leader who base in Singapore, MetaQuotes Software.
We have been tried to write the content as similar to MetaQuotes Software as we can, of course has some minor style rephrase, etc.
To avoid your deletion, can you please provide a clear instruction to us? or we need to follow exactly the same paragraph structure, content and wordings?
- (stalking) Your article has been deleted twice because it was blatant advertising and your use of the word "we" implies the account is shared by multiple people, which is not allowed. You will need to wait until another editor decides your company is notable and starts an article about it. (Apologies for stealing RHaworth's thunder but I really hoped he'd have pictures up by now!) Ritchie333 (talk) (cont) 08:47, 18 December 2014 (UTC)
Hi Ritchie333, regarding G11 blatant advertising, I said we will try our best to avoid it and we are willing to do it by referencing other approved page content such as MetaQuotes Software. For using We, because the account is on-behalf the company, but me is the one and the only one who is writing and trying to fix the content. And please do not angry about the page was deleted twice, the only reason of creating a same page again is wanting RHaworth to have idea on the page (because it's deleted) AS I STATED in in my first paragraph. AND please forgive me I'm in a timezone which is completely differ from you, it may cause delay in my response.
Dear RHaworth, I'm not arguing anything but want to express my respect to Wiki and the contributor like you and others. I tried to click the button of "Click here to contest this speedy deletion" which is in your deletion msg, but I haven't receive feedback from you, then when I woke up this morning I saw the page deleted. I believe my first response to your "deletion tag" is within half hour, which shows my full respect on the communication with you.
Please let me know if I could write the page again but in different style and content detail, I shall let you know when I complete for your advise. Thank you. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk • contribs)
- (Please sign your posts.) Wikipedia is a encyclopedia. I think you have gotten yourselves all confused. If you felt hungry and fancied a hamburger would you go to an encyclopedia to find a good fast food outlet to go to? Of course not. The place for your sort of information is a Business directory.--Aspro (talk) 10:18, 18 December 2014 (UTC)