User talk:Red dwarf
Hope you enjoy contributing to Wikipedia. Be bold in editing pages. Here are some links that you might find useful:
- Try the Tutorial. If you have less time, try Wikipedia:How to edit a page.
- To sign your posts (for eg. on talk pages) use ~~~~ (four tildes). This will insert your name and timestamp. To insert just your name, type ~~~ (3 tildes).
- You can experiment in the Sandbox.
- For help, see Wikipedia:Where to ask a question.
- Some other pages that will help you know more about Wikipedia: Manual of Style and Wikipedia:Five pillars, Wikipedia:Neutral point of view, Wikipedia:Civility, Wikipedia:What Wikipedia is not
- You can contribute in many ways: write a great article, fight vandalism, upload pictures, perform maintenance tasks, contribute to existing projects...
I hope you stick around and keep contributing to Wikipedia. Drop us a note at Wikipedia:New user log.
Could you explain...
- Uh, I never flagged it as abuse. RepublicanJacobite flagged whatever edits were done after mine as abuse. Red dwarf (talk) 11:50, 10 October 2009 (UTC)
Newfoundland and Labrador WikiProject
Travel costs and science fiction fandom
If you read accounts of early 20th century fannish life as enshrined in the early fanzines, you will see that the high cost of travel (by 21st-century standards) was quite relevant to how fan culture developed. --Orange Mike | Talk 18:51, 24 April 2008 (UTC)
- This is true. I had thought the last part of the sentence previous to the one I deleted ("or when one of them could manage a trip") covered the fact that travel was costlier during the early 20th society. As such, I had deleted it. However, upon reflection, the sentence should have stayed. I was not trying to undermine the article, nor was I trying to under-appreciate what fans did to meet up. Sorry if it appeared so. Red dwarf (talk) 21:01, 24 April 2008 (UTC)
Articles for deletion nomination of Snook (comedian)
I have nominated Snook (comedian), an article that you created, for deletion. I do not think that this article satisfies Wikipedia's criteria for inclusion, and have explained why at Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Snook (comedian). Your opinions on the matter are welcome at that same discussion page; also, you are welcome to edit the article to address these concerns. Thank you for your time.
Please contact me if you're unsure why you received this message. — Coren (talk) 02:06, 5 November 2009 (UTC)
Yeah, I usually just fix spelling mistakes, add music video tables to artist discographies, or add pictures to singles, artists, bands, or albums. Like Spacehog didn't have an artist picture, so I added one. This Too Shall Pass by OK Go didn't have a single cover on its page, so I added one. Beck's discography didn't have a music video table, so I created one. (It took me at least 2 hours to find the pattern in the markup.) —Preceding unsigned comment added by GrantyO (talk • contribs) 00:31, 23 May 2010 (UTC)