- 1 Upcoming Saturday events - March 1: Harlem History Editathon and March 8: NYU Law Editathon
- 2 Deletion review for Hummingbird Heartbeat
- 3 DRV
- 4 Welcome to The Wikipedia Adventure!
- 5 The Weight of Chains 2
- 6 Minor note on Ankit Love close
- 7 On the reversion of edits to the Transhumanist Party main article
- 8 Rangnath Devasthan
- 9 Deletion Review
- 10 Allameh Tabatabai Management School
Upcoming Saturday events - March 1: Harlem History Editathon and March 8: NYU Law Editathon
|Upcoming Saturday events - March 1: Harlem History Editathon and March 8: NYU Law Editathon|
You are invited to join upcoming Wikipedia "Editathons", where both experienced and new Wikipedia editors will collaboratively improve articles on a selected theme, on the following two Saturdays in March:
(You can unsubscribe from future notifications for NYC-area events by removing your name from this list.)
Deletion review for Hummingbird Heartbeat
An editor has asked for a deletion review of Hummingbird Heartbeat. Because you closed the deletion discussion for this page, speedily deleted it, or otherwise were interested in the page, you might want to participate in the deletion review.
Welcome to The Wikipedia Adventure!
-- 07:56, Monday, March 30, 2015 (UTC)
|Say Hello to the World||An Invitation to Earth||Small Changes, Big Impact||The Neutral Point of View||The Veil of Verifiability||The Civility Code||Looking Good Together|
The Weight of Chains 2
Minor note on Ankit Love close
- Thanks for the correction. -- RoySmith (talk) 00:40, 5 March 2015 (UTC)
Just how exactly was oversight required for the AFD? It's the first time I can recall oversight being used as well. Aerospeed (Talk) 14:15, 5 March 2015 (UTC)
- Hmm, maybe I mis-interpreted the comment, The personal material has been suppressed bu WP:OVERSIGHT. I suppose that means material in the article, not in the AfD. Whatever. Doesn't really change anything -- RoySmith (talk) 14:20, 5 March 2015 (UTC)
On the reversion of edits to the Transhumanist Party main article
I would like to inform you of an issue that is ensuing with a page in the main article namespace. As it becomes more controversial and triggers larger discussion, it should be brought to the attention of administrators and higher-ranked individuals on Wikipedia.
In November 2014, the article "Transhumanist Party" was nominated for deletion at Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Transhumanist Party. A long discussion about its notability can be viewed at that page, resulting in the decision to replace the page with a redirect to a section of Zoltan Istvan's page, the founder and chairman of the party. The stated reason was that the article was too dependent on primary sources, and they couldn't confirm that it was "real".
After over 3 months of the party's publicity and media coverage, as well as work being done to Draft:Transhumanist Party to add those references and new information being made publicly available, the page was restored. Within hours, the user Dsprc, who was in favor of removing the page the first time, came and removed it again, even though the reference situation had been ameliorated and the party's website was also functional and provided more information and news stories.
Zoltan Istvan is now planning on writing a series of articles that will be published on national news media challenging Wikipedia and the users involved in keeping down the Transhumanist Party article. Among the subjects of these articles are users Dsprc, Stalwart111, Philosopher, their actions, and Wikipedia executive staff. Wikipedia's failure to support an article on this notable political party will not go unnoticed. In the meantime, the page will be properly restored so it can be seen by and improved by users and the public, as there is no doubt that it deserves its page on The Free Encyclopedia for people to see. Nobody is against making the page better, and there will be new additions and references all the time; the party's news coverage is consistently growing, and maybe its Wikipedia page's will soon too.
I hope you can be of help to Wikipedia and the Transhumanist Party by appropriately keeping up this article for the public so conflict does not become more severe.
Is this a hoax article? The article on Divya Desam does not even mention any "Rangnath Devasthan," and the only source given was the places' website. From what I'm looking in search engines right now, there's nothing really definitive or reliable. This might fly under WP:PROD but I'm not entirely sure. What's your take on this? Aerospeed (Talk) 14:11, 17 March 2015 (UTC)
Thank you for your comment on the deletion review I posted on 10th March for the Gladstone (Humorist) article. With your comment, the 2 preceding, as well as my original post all advising to return to draftspace, this amounts to more of a consensus than the decision to delete.
Do you know if these deletion review logs are always closed out or if they can sort of be left hanging without a resolution? I don't wish to be pushy, but I also don't wish to let the whole thing lapse if I should be doing more. The only reason I ask you is because I'm very new to the Wikipedia community and really have no idea how best to proceed (if indeed there are any further steps for me to take).
Any guidance you could provide would be greatly appreciated.
- The review period is typically 7 days, but sometimes things get left hanging longer than that if nobody gets around to closing it. A few extra days is not unusual. The process is that some uninvolved admin will summarize the debate and write up a closing statement. There's nothing further you need to do, but if you have any other question, please let me know and I'll be happy to answer them. -- RoySmith (talk) 21:45, 17 March 2015 (UTC)
- I see, this makes sense; I will wait for the process to run its course. Thank you so much for your help.
Dear Roy, Please don't delete the page for "Allameh Tabatabai Management School", I posted a note on the talk page of that article, the name of this school changed several times and so, you can't find many information about itin english on the web. User: shj369 — Preceding unsigned comment added by Shj369 (talk • contribs) 19:59, 22 March 2015 (UTC)
- The article was deleted by a consensus at Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Allameh Tabatabai Management School. It wasn't my decision, I just carried out the consensus formed by the people discussing the article. -- RoySmith (talk) 21:36, 22 March 2015 (UTC)