San Diego / Imperial
Riverside / San Bernardino
|Winter 2015:||Spring 2015:|
|This is Rschen7754's talk page, where you can send messages and comments to Rschen7754.|
|Archives: Index, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27|
- 1 The Signpost: 16 July 2014
- 2 Tech News: 2014-30
- 3 Disambiguation link notification for July 21
- 4 reply
- 5 The Signpost: 23 July 2014
- 6 RfC - Galicia
- 7 Still remember me?
- 8 A clear stewarding notification mistake.
- 9 Anand.Hegde
- 10 Tech News: 2014-31
- 11 Wikipedia:Sockpuppet investigations/BuickCenturyDriver/Archive#19 July 2014
- 12 Current steward action on the oc wikipedia
The Signpost: 16 July 2014
- Special report: $10 million lawsuit against Wikipedia editors withdrawn, but plaintiff intends to refile
- Wikimedia in education: Serbia takes the stage with Filip Maljkovic
- News and notes: Bot-created Wikipedia articles covered in the Wall Street Journal, push Cebuano over one million articles
- Traffic report: World Cup dominates for another week
- Featured content: The Island with the Golden Gun
07:42, 21 July 2014 (UTC)
Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. Wikipedia appreciates your help. We noticed though that when you edited California State Route 54, you added links pointing to the disambiguation pages I-8 and Spring Valley, California. Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.
I did it because i got an informed opinion, based on policy, from another wikipedia editor. i had given up on the possibility of policy being applied to these articles, and had forgotten about it. when someone reassured me that i was correct in my application of wikipedia policy to wikiprojects, i went ahead and revisited the topic. Its really hard to assume any sort of good faith in this situation. its obvious from your comments that you think my intention is to undermine wikipedia and damage the integrity of other peoples work. I suggest if you feel this strongly, take your concerns to whatever forum can address it properly. i would be happy to let anyone know my understanding of this matter, and will abide by any decision made by people NOT associated with either the SFBA project or the roads project.Mercurywoodrose (talk) 07:04, 23 July 2014 (UTC)
- "its obvious from your comments that you think my intention is to undermine wikipedia and damage the integrity of other peoples work" - can you please clarify where I have stated or implied this? This is a very strong accusation that you are making... --Rschen7754 07:09, 23 July 2014 (UTC)
I just restored the SFBA banner to Talk:California State Route 17. The project's members, few as they may be, find the banner useful for various reasons and it does not seem that placement of the USRoads banner provides the same functionality for us. It is clearly the right of a project to determine its own scope and to select the articles that are within that scope. Editors who have not signed up with a project are free to add banners, but I don't think that they should remove banners placed by a project without discussion. Please see the following guideline: WP:WikiProject coordination. I'll watch this page for any replies. Thanks, --Hjal (talk) 09:49, 23 July 2014 (UTC)
- If I may ask, are you planning to improve said article? --Rschen7754 21:24, 24 July 2014 (UTC)
- If I do any work on this it would probably be in the history section. There was a plan to extend the route to Point Reyes, which was one of the things that triggered the efforts to protect West Marin from development. I live in Fremont now, so I find the history of the Route through the East Bay interesting, but I haven't done any other reading about that subject yet. If it needs any work in the sections of most interest to the Roads project, I'd be happy to see that go ahead, but I haven't done that much work in your arena, unless you count helping to save the Alemany Maze article.--Hjal (talk) 22:52, 26 July 2014 (UTC)
The Signpost: 23 July 2014
- Wikimedia in education: Education program gaining momentum in Israel
- News and notes: Institutional media uploads to Commons get a bit easier
- Traffic report: The World Cup hangs on, though tragedies seek to replace it
- Featured content: Why, they're plum identical!
RfC - Galicia
Good morning. I opened an RfC on the talk page of Galicia (Eastern Europe). A user arbitrarily decided to rename the article during the process of the RFC. I am not really sure what to do (aside from reverting the page move). I am looking for some assistance on this, and to be clear, I am not trying to whip up votes, I simply need assistance with mediation. Thanks!
- @Hmich176: I've seen this, but I will need to do some research on the background of this dispute. Ping me again if I haven't come back to this within a few days. --Rschen7754 16:46, 28 July 2014 (UTC)
- @Hmich176: Yeah, doing some more research now, it is just as I thought: if you thought SRNC/USSH were bad, this is even worse :/ There have been three arbitration cases in the topic area: Wikipedia:Requests for arbitration/Eastern Europe, Wikipedia:Arbitration/Requests/Case/Eastern European mailing list, and Wikipedia:Requests for arbitration/Eastern European disputes. This has led to discretionary sanctions being authorized for the entire Eastern Europe topic area; in short, any uninvolved administrator can issue sanctions to keep the process moving. Discretionary sanctions makes this eligible for WP:AE, and you can file a request there. On first look, I believe that the page move was disruptive and the editor should be warned, but then again I haven't done arb enforcement stuff in almost a year, and the rules changed recently and I haven't kept up on that. --Rschen7754 23:14, 28 July 2014 (UTC)
Still remember me?
Hi, do you still remember me? I left Wikipedia for more that a year because of my busy school days. I am back now and I want to know where should I start. :) --Gabrielchihonglee (talk) 08:21, 26 July 2014 (UTC)
- @Gabrielchihonglee: hi! Content creation is always a good place to start, or vandal patrol. Wikidata is also good too. --Rschen7754 18:30, 28 July 2014 (UTC)
A clear stewarding notification mistake.
I'm afraid you made a grave mistake, when you left a machine-translated message on sv-wikt a month ago. The link name was also translated, thus turning the link to garbage. Please go to sv:wikt:WT:BB#VIKTIGT: Admin aktivitets undersökning in order to correct this, and thereby give us a chance to find the page you intended to link to!
I fear that you (and/or other stewards) may have some work to do, if you made the same sort of mistake in many projects. If so, I hope you can find a way to automatise the necessary corrections. JoergenB (talk) 02:00, 27 July 2014 (UTC)
Hi there. Just a heads up. This user that you blocked based on an SPI that I filed doesn't seem to be active currently, so I am not sure if the block serves its purpose. — LeoFrank Talk 03:17, 27 July 2014 (UTC)
- They did edit July 8, so it's not too inactive, in my opinion. --Rschen7754 16:48, 28 July 2014 (UTC)
08:09, 28 July 2014 (UTC)
Current steward action on the oc wikipedia
Hi, I'm Jean-François (French) or Joan Francés (occitan) Blanc, a sysop on the Occitan wikipedia. This morning (in France) I noticed you put some warning about sysop privileges on two sysop discussion pages, Gòranò and Cedric31. We have almost no community discussion here, the few active of us, because there is space enough to contribute, and we have not the same interests. But I'm keeping an eye on new contributions, trying to remind the basics (linguistic charter that is sort of a style guide, wiki syntax...) to newcomers and rare returning contributors. I do not mind about Gòranò status, he's really absent here from a long time. But Cedric31 did an edit on a template 1 month or 2 ago, and from time to time participate to discussions, and your statement about him not being here is somewhat contradicted by his contribution log. I'll nevertheless open a thread on the community portal and a call for new sysops. Thanks for your attention. To reach me faster please post on my discussion page on the oc.wikipedia or drop me an email. Regards, --— J. F. B. (me´n parlar) 04:36, 29 July 2014 (UTC)