Please leave new messages at the bottom of the page ONLY. If it is a new topic, please create a new section.
|Threads older than 7 days may be archived by.|
- 1 Today's articles for improvement
- 2 David Berkowitz revision
- 3 Uber regulation summary: help needed
- 4 Look, dothead...
- 5 Your bot or something removed one of my minor edits?
- 6 Please comment on Talk:List of most widely spoken languages (by number of countries)
- 7 The Signpost: 13 May 2015
- 8 Speaking of constructive.....
- 9 Please comment on Talk:Billy Crystal
- 10 You reverted an edit I did on the page en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disk_Manager
- 11 Please comment on Talk:State of Florida v. George Zimmerman
- 12 This week's article for improvement (week 21, 2015)
- 13 Today's articles for improvement
- 14 Colin Morgan
- 15 Talk:Colin Morgan#Removal of information
- 16 Please comment on Talk:Matt Williams (Internet entrepreneur)
- 17 Articles you might like to edit, from SuggestBot
- 18 Revision change to WhatsApp article
- 19 Please comment on Talk:Top Gear (2002 TV series)
- 20 The Signpost: 20 May 2015
- 21 Please comment on Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Anime and manga
- 22 Please comment on Talk:Free will
Today's articles for improvement
- Hello Rsrikanth05:
- This week's voting for TAFI's upcoming weekly collaboration has begun at Week 20 of 2015. Thanks for participating!
David Berkowitz revision
You are incorrect in your assessment of my revision of the David Berkowitz page. First of all, if you read the page, David Berkowitz professed to have been a part of a Satanic cult, making him a Satanist. Second of all, in 1987, he became a Christian. Third of all, his religion (whichever one you consider as his) is irrelevant to his crimes and certainly does not belong sandwiched between his serial killer aliases and his criminal charges. I found the implied relationship deeply offensive, especially since it incorrectly assessed his religion, because that means that whoever had written that had gone to great lengths (stretching the truth) in order to imply such a relationship. It is for this reason that I removed his religion from that section completely instead of merely changing it to accurately reflect his beliefs.
- I undid your edit because you removed content without a valid source for all of the above. --Rsrikanth05 (talk) 18:54, 14 May 2015 (UTC)
If you read what I wrote to you more carefully, you will see that I am merely referencing the information that is ALREADY on the wikipedia page, and is sourced accordingly. I assume, that information being on the wikipedia page already, that that is an adequate amount of sourcing for wikipedia. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 20:53, 15 May 2015 (UTC)
Uber regulation summary: help needed
Hi Rsrikanth05, I'm reaching out to each of the editors who commented on the "Request for Comment" at Talk:Uber (company) re: the Uber article's section on regulation and legal issues. As you might remember, editors were overwhelmingly in favor of splitting off that information into a new article, then summarizing in the Uber article. While the first part happened, there has been no movement on the summarizing and Regulatory opposition continues to grow and grow. To help kickstart that process, I've put forward a draft for everyone to take a look at that aims to cover the key details in a summary form: Summarizing Regulatory opposition
My conflict of interest means that it's best for me not to be bold and move this into the article myself, but I hope that it can at least be a starting point for other editors to work from. Would you mind coming back to the page to have a look? Craig at Uber (talk) 19:52, 14 May 2015 (UTC)
- @Craig at Uber: Hi Craig. I'll have a look and respond on the talk page itself. :) --Rsrikanth05 (talk) 03:51, 15 May 2015 (UTC)
- Why don't you find somewhere else to spread your racial hatred? --Rsrikanth05 (talk) 10:53, 15 May 2015 (UTC)
Your bot or something removed one of my minor edits?
I added a notable member of Mound, MN to the page at en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mound,_Minnesota I added someone who is known as the Mound Ninja and has been getting a lot of attention statewide being interviewed by several news interviewers and others. I am a resident of this town and I know all of this is 100% true. I believe this has been done by error.
- Nope, I undid your edit because there was no source backing it up. --Rsrikanth05 (talk) 18:30, 15 May 2015 (UTC)
Please comment on Talk:List of most widely spoken languages (by number of countries)
The feedback request service is asking for participation in this request for comment on Talk:List of most widely spoken languages (by number of countries). Legobot (talk) 00:09, 16 May 2015 (UTC)
The Signpost: 13 May 2015
- Foundation elections: WMF Board candidates share their views with the Signpost
- In the media: Grant Shapps story continues; Wikipedia's "leftist ties"
- Featured content: Four first-time featured article writers lead the way
- Traffic report: Round Two
Speaking of constructive.....
Thanks. So I had actually made a more constructive edit earlier, supported by trusted sources, I might add (e.g.: ABC and also CBS news). But this earlier version of the comment was almost immediately changed....apparently by someone who had pretty strong feelings about the whole thing. So, I made the one you saw, which was a bit cheeky. So speaking of constructive, Rsrikanth05...can you advise me on how should I make an alternative point, if every way (constructive or otherwise) gets changed within a couple hours? This is actually the first time I edited in wikipedia, so I don't know. :-S --18.104.22.168
Please comment on Talk:Billy Crystal
You reverted an edit I did on the page en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disk_Manager
why? (I'm new at wiki editing, so please don't be overly terse
Please comment on Talk:State of Florida v. George Zimmerman
The feedback request service is asking for participation in this request for comment on Talk:State of Florida v. George Zimmerman. Legobot (talk) 00:06, 18 May 2015 (UTC)
This week's article for improvement (week 21, 2015)
Today's articles for improvement
- Hello Rsrikanth05:
- This week's voting for TAFI's upcoming weekly collaboration has begun at Week 24 of 2015. Thanks for participating!
Can you explain to me why you write this totally useless information? I find that this information is useless and has no place on the page of Colin that's all -- Smaugh (talk) 09:30, 18 May 2015 (UTC)
- If you cannot explain why it is useless, then don't remove it. I had asked you earlier, even before you logged in to respond on the talk page of the article, but you didn't bother. Wikipedia works on consensus and not individual whims and fancies. Discuss this on the talk page. Not here. --Rsrikanth05 (talk) 09:33, 18 May 2015 (UTC)
Talk:Colin Morgan#Removal of information
- Read. Won't edit that page again. --Rsrikanth05 (talk) 10:38, 18 May 2015 (UTC)
Please comment on Talk:Matt Williams (Internet entrepreneur)
The feedback request service is asking for participation in this request for comment on Talk:Matt Williams (Internet entrepreneur). Legobot (talk) 00:09, 19 May 2015 (UTC)
Articles you might like to edit, from SuggestBot
Note: All columns in this table are sortable, allowing you to rearrange the table so the articles most interesting to you are shown at the top. All images have mouse-over popups with more information. For more information about the columns and categories, please consult the documentation and please get in touch on SuggestBot's talk page with any questions you might have.
|5||1.0||Jaruwat Cheawaram (talk)||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||Add sources|
|30||1.0||Sarai Alamgir (talk)||0.0||2.0||2.0||0.0||0.0||Add sources|
|310||2.0||Go! Princess PreCure (talk)||2.0||2.0||0.0||2.0||0.0||Add sources|
|16||1.0||Maharashtra State Road Development Corporation (talk)||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||Add sources|
|37||1.0||Thane railway station (talk)||0.0||0.0||2.0||2.0||0.0||Add sources|
|27||2.0||Kopar Khairane (talk)||0.0||0.0||2.0||2.0||0.0||Add sources|
|512||2.0||Windows 3.1x (talk)||0.0||2.0||2.0||2.0||0.0||Cleanup|
|114||3.0||Mobile phone overuse (talk)||0.0||2.0||0.0||2.0||0.0||Cleanup|
|39||1.0||Thangal Kunju Musaliar College of Engineering, Kollam (talk)||0.0||2.0||2.0||0.0||0.0||Cleanup|
|71||2.0||Chase for the Sprint Cup (talk)||2.0||2.0||0.0||2.0||0.0||Expand|
|321||2.0||Scope (computer science) (talk)||2.0||2.0||0.0||2.0||0.0||Expand|
|141||2.0||Futari wa Pretty Cure (talk)||2.0||2.0||0.0||2.0||0.0||Expand|
|77||2.0||Yes! PreCure 5 (talk)||2.0||2.0||0.0||2.0||0.0||Unencyclopaedic|
|59||2.0||Deep Ellum, Dallas (talk)||0.0||2.0||2.0||2.0||0.0||Unencyclopaedic|
|1,934||3.0||Caste system in India (talk)||2.0||2.0||2.0||2.0||2.0||Unencyclopaedic|
|26||1.0||Maharashtra Knowledge Corporation (talk)||0.0||2.0||2.0||0.0||0.0||Merge|
|6||1.0||National Highway 208 (India)(old numbering) (talk)||0.0||0.0||2.0||2.0||0.0||Merge|
|77||1.0||Lee Chaolan (talk)||0.0||0.0||2.0||2.0||0.0||Wikify|
|21||1.0||Geography of French Guiana (talk)||0.0||2.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||Wikify|
|233||2.0||Personnel Armor System for Ground Troops (talk)||0.0||2.0||2.0||2.0||0.0||Wikify|
|0||1.0||Canterbury helmet (talk)||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||Orphan|
|9||2.0||Virtual world framework (talk)||2.0||2.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||Orphan|
|4||1.0||Helgøya (Troms) (talk)||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||Stub|
|31||1.0||Izumi Todo (talk)||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||Stub|
|38||1.0||Cop Block (talk)||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||Stub|
|86||3.0||Whenever You Need Somebody (talk)||0.0||0.0||2.0||2.0||0.0||Stub|
|5||1.0||Claes Corneliszoon Moeyaert (talk)||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||Stub|
|31||1.0||Millennium Business Park (talk)||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||Stub|
SuggestBot picks articles in a number of ways based on other articles you've edited, including straight text similarity, following wikilinks, and matching your editing patterns against those of other Wikipedians. It tries to recommend only articles that other Wikipedians have marked as needing work. We appreciate that you have signed up to receive suggestions regularly; your contributions make Wikipedia better — thanks for helping!
Revision change to WhatsApp article
Hi, back in April I made the revision change (https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=WhatsApp&oldid=660016449) to WhatsApp article, where I made changes to the following sentence:
"In April 2015, Forbes predicted that between 2012-2018, the telecommunications industry will lose a combine total of $386 billion because of OTT services like WhatsApp and Skype"
Forbes did not predict anything, they only reported about a research that was conducted earlier by research group Ovum. You can find the original research paper from here: http://www.ovum.com/research/the-future-of-voice/ — Preceding unsigned comment added by Koirapaa (talk • contribs) 07:05, 19 May 2015 (UTC)
Please comment on Talk:Top Gear (2002 TV series)
The feedback request service is asking for participation in this request for comment on Talk:Top Gear (2002 TV series). Legobot (talk) 00:05, 20 May 2015 (UTC)
The Signpost: 20 May 2015
- News and notes: A dark side of comedy: the Wikipedia volunteers cleaning up behind John Oliver's fowl jokes
- From the editor: Your voice is needed: strategic voting in the WMF election
- In the media: Jimmy Wales accepts Dan David Prize
- WikiProject report: Cell-ebrating molecular biology
- Arbitration report: Editor conduct the subject of multiple cases
- Featured content: Puppets, fungi, and waterfalls
- Traffic report: Inner Core
Please comment on Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Anime and manga
The feedback request service is asking for participation in this request for comment on Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Anime and manga. Legobot (talk) 00:05, 21 May 2015 (UTC)