Your GA nomination of Scottish art in the Prehistoric era
The article Scottish art in the Prehistoric era you nominated as a good article has failed ; see Talk:Scottish art in the Prehistoric era for reasons why the nomination failed. If or when these points have been taken care of, you may apply for a new nomination of the article. Message delivered by Legobot, on behalf of CaroleHenson -- CaroleHenson (talk) 03:42, 8 December 2014 (UTC)
- Disappointing of course but I can't imagine it would take much to get it ready for a 2nd nom. Just let me know if you want any assistance. Ben MacDui 19:55, 8 December 2014 (UTC)
- Thanks Ben MacDui, but it is at my suggestion. I will let you know when I have some time and spare brain power to do an expansion.--SabreBD (talk) 22:57, 8 December 2014 (UTC)
The Signpost: 10 December 2014
- Op-ed: It's GLAM up North!
- Traffic report: Dead Black Men and Science Fiction
- Featured content: Honour him, love and obey? Good idea with military leaders.
Churches in Scotland
Hi, I was wondering if you'd be interested in creating a few lists for Template:Lists of churches in Scotland by council area? I've started a basic one for Highland. Eventually it would be good to have detailed tabled lists by sub area with pretty pictures! It's a huge tasj though but worth starting.♦ Dr. Blofeld 20:05, 14 December 2014 (UTC)
- Sure. Sounds like a good project. I have some holiday next week so I will pick an area or two and see how hard it is to find sources.--SabreBD (talk) 21:45, 14 December 2014 (UTC)
Johnny Cash as rockabilly performer on Rock music article
Why are you SO against his inclusion on the article, one of the pioneers of rock and roll? He's in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, and the Rockabilly Hall of Fame. Why can't he be on the list? - Dpm12; 18:16 14 December 2014
- Please read the notice at the top of this page about where these discussions should take place.--SabreBD (talk) 08:49, 15 December 2014 (UTC)
DYK for Scottish art in the nineteenth century
|On 16 December 2014, Did you know was updated with a fact from the article Scottish art in the nineteenth century, which you recently created or substantially expanded. The fact was ... that David Wilkie, a nineteenth-century Scottish artist, was the key figure in the development of British genre and orientalist art (genre painting pictured)? The nomination discussion and review may be seen at Template:Did you know nominations/Scottish art in the nineteenth century. You are welcome to check how many page hits the article got while on the front page (here's how, live views, daily totals), and it may be added to the statistics page if the total is over 5,000. Finally, if you know of an interesting fact from another recently created article, then please feel free to suggest it on the Did you know talk page.|
The Signpost: 17 December 2014
- Arbitration report: Arbitration Committee election results
- Featured content: Tripping hither, tripping thither, Nobody knows why or whither; We must dance and we must sing, Round about our fairy ring!
- Traffic report: A December Lull
The Signpost: 24 December 2014
- From the editor: Looking for new editors-in-chief
- In the media: Wales on GamerGate
- Featured content: Still quoting Iolanthe, apparently.
- WikiProject report: Microsoft does The Signpost
- Traffic report: North Korea is not pleased