User talk:Satori Son
- 1 Are you free next Thursday? Join us at the Wikimedia DC WikiSalon!
- 2 Question concerning articel "Editta braun company"
- 3 Are you free on Sunday? Join us for a special Wikimedia DC WikiSalon!
- 4 A kitten for you!
- 5 Meetups coming up in DC!
- 6 Coming up in February!
- 7 Site Editta braun company
- 8 Orphaned non-free image File:Auto Mag.JPG
- 9 DC Meetups in March
- 10 An exciting month of wiki events!
Are you free next Thursday? Join us at the Wikimedia DC WikiSalon!
The WikiSalon is an informal gathering of Wikimedia enthusiasts, who come together to discuss the Wikimedia projects and collaboratively edit. There's no set agenda, and guests are welcome to recommend articles for the group to edit or edit on their own. Light refreshments will be provided.
Question concerning articel "Editta braun company"
My name ist Sindy and I wanted to create an articel about the dance company named "editta braun company". The austrian choreographer Editta Braun is creating dance and thatre pieces since more than twenty years. In Austria her influence in the contemporary dance field is that important, that one can say, she is one of the founders of the contemporary dance in Austria. During her 20 years working she focussed on cooporations with dance and theater companies from countries all arround the world to create an exchange within the countries through dance. Her works was and ist still allways international. That's why the Editta Braun company is not only interesting for Austria - and therefore for an German articel in the Wikipedia (see: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Editta_braun_company) but also for the English Wikipedia.
I saw, that an article about the Editta Braun company was created and deleted in 2008. Is it now possible to write a new articel? (It wasn't me, who created the article of 2008.) I tried it allready some months ago, but the article was not published, that means I can't find it. What can I do to create a new articel about the dance company? Is it possible?
Thank you very much for helping! Kind regards,
- Hello Sindy. Thanks for contacting me.
- I see that the first article on Editta Braun was deleted in June 2008 by another administrator for being blatant advertising. But that doesn't preclude a new article on that topic from being created, as long as it meets all of English Wikipedia's criteria.
- I don't speak German at all, but looking over the German Wikipedia's version, it does not appear to provide many third-party references. Do you know if Ms. Braun "has received significant coverage in reliable secondary sources that are independent of the subject"? That's the inclusion criteria for biographical articles (see Wikipedia:Notability (people)). — Satori Son 15:08, 25 September 2013 (UTC)
Are you free on Sunday? Join us for a special Wikimedia DC WikiSalon!
Wikimedia DC invites you to join us for a special WikiSalon at the Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial Library's Digital Commons Center. We will gather at 3 PM on Sunday, October 13, 2013 to discuss an important topic: what can Wikipedia and the DC area do to help each other? We hope to hear your thoughts and suggestions; if you have an idea you would like to pursue, please let us know and we will help!
Following the WikiSalon, we will be having dinner at a nearby restaurant, Ella's Wood Fired Pizza.
A kitten for you!
Welcome back! Feeling good on energy? Portuguese regards to you mate.
Meetups coming up in DC!
You are invited to two upcoming events in DC:
- Meetup at Capitol City Brewery on Saturday, January 25 at 6 PM. Please join us for dinner, drinks, socializing, and discussing Wikimedia DC activities and events. All are welcome! RSVP on the linked page or through Meetup.
- Art and Feminism Edit-a-Thon on Saturday, February 1 from Noon – 5 PM. Join us as we improve articles on notable women in history! All are welcome, regardless of age or level of editing experience. RSVP on the linked page or through Meetup.
I hope to see you there!
(Note: If you do not wish to receive talk page messages for DC meetups, you are welcome to remove your username from this page.)
Coming up in February!
Our February WikiSalon is coming up on Sunday, February 23. Join us at our gathering of Wikipedia enthusiasts at the Kogod Courtyard of the National Portrait Gallery with an optional dinner after. As usual, all are welcome. Care to join us?
Also, if you are available, there is an American Art Edit-a-thon being held at the Smithsonian American Art Museum with Professor Andrew Lih's COMM-535 class at American University on Tuesday, February 11 from 2 to 5 PM. Please RSVP on the linked page if you are interested.
If you have any ideas or preferences for meetups, please let us know at Wikipedia talk:Meetup/DC.
Site Editta braun company
Hallo Satori Son!
My name ist Sindy and I wanted to create an articel about one of my favorite dance companys named "editta braun company". But I saw, that there was already an article about the Editta Braun company existing, which has been deleted in 2008. Is it now possible for me to write a new articel? (It wasn't me, who created the article of 2008.) Would my articel be published?
Some short information about the dance company and why I find it would be senseful to have an English articel about the topic: The austrian choreographer Editta Braun is creating dance and thatre pieces since more than twenty years. In Austria her influence in the contemporary dance field is that important, that one can say, she is one of the founders of the contemporary dance in Austria. During her 20 years working she focussed on cooporations with dance and theater companies from countries all arround the world to create an exchange within the countries through dance. Her works was always and is still international. That's why the Editta Braun company is not only interesting for Austria (an articel in the German Wikipedia does already exist: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Editta_braun_company) but also for the English Wikipedia.
Thank you very much for helping! Kind regards,
- Hello again, Sindy.
- When you first asked me this exact question in September 2013, I gave you a detailed answer, which you can still see above. Thanks. — Satori Son 20:06, 20 March 2014 (UTC)
Orphaned non-free image File:Auto Mag.JPG
Thanks for uploading File:Auto Mag.JPG. The image description page currently specifies that the image is non-free and may only be used on Wikipedia under a claim of fair use. However, the image is currently not used in any articles on Wikipedia. If the image was previously in an article, please go to the article and see why it was removed. You may add it back if you think that that will be useful. However, please note that images for which a replacement could be created are not acceptable for use on Wikipedia (see our policy for non-free media).
DC Meetups in March
Though we have a massive snowstorm coming up, spring is just around the corner! Personally, I am looking forward to warmer weather.
Wikimedia DC is looking forward to a spring full of cool and exciting activities. In March, we have coming up:
- Evening WikiSalon on Wednesday, March 12 from 7 PM – 9 PM. Meet up with Wikipedians for coffee at the Cove co-working space in Dupont Circle! If you cannot make it in the evening, join us at our...
- March Meetup on Sunday, March 23 from 3 PM – 6 PM. Our monthly weekend meetup, same place as last month. Meet really cool and interesting people!
- Women in the Arts 2014 meetup and edit-a-thon on Sunday, March 30 from 10 AM – 5 PM. Our second annual Women in the Arts edit-a-thon, held at the National Museum of Women in the Arts. Free lunch will be served!
We hope to see you at our upcoming events! If you have any questions, feel free to ask on my talk page.
An exciting month of wiki events!
I am pleased to say that April will be a very exciting month for Wikipedia in Washington, DC. We have a lot of different events coming up, so you will have a lot to choose from.
First, a reminder that our second annual Women in the Arts Edit-a-Thon will take place on Sunday, March 30 at the National Museum of Women in the Arts.
Coming up in April, we have our first-ever Open Government WikiHack with the Sunlight Foundation on April 5–6! We are working together to use open government data to improve the Wikimedia projects, and we would love your help. All are welcome, regardless of coding or editing experience. We will also be having a happy hour the day before, with refreshments courtesy of the Sunlight Foundation.
On Friday, April 11 we are having our first edit-a-thon ever with the Library of Congress. The Africa Collection Edit-a-Thon will focus on the Library's African and Middle East Reading Room. It'll be early in the morning, but it's especially worth it if you're interested in improving Wikipedia's coverage of African topics.
The following day, we are having our second annual Wiki Loves Capitol Hill training. We will discuss policy issues relevant to Wikimedia and plan for our day of outreach to Congressional staffers that will take place during the following week.
There are other meetups in the works, so be sure to check our meetup page with the latest. I hope to see you at some of these events!
All the best,
(To unsubscribe, remove your username here.) 01:29, 26 March 2014 (UTC)