|Sionk is on a semi-wikibreak and will be back on Wikipedia soon.|
Please start new conversations at the bottom of this page (use 'New section' tab above).
Remember to sign your comments by typing four tildes (~~~~)
- 1 WikiProject Architecture
- 2 Russell Edwards article
- 3 00:55:08, 3 September 2014 review of submission by Hamahchisounds
- 4 Amanda Eliasch
- 5 Disambiguation link notification for September 3
- 6 18:03:41, 5 September 2014 review of submission by Rednoy
- 7 The Big Picture Art Exhibition
- 8 Smooth-On, Inc.
- 9 14:50:45, 8 September 2014 review of submission by LMazzolari
- 10 Request on 07:12:11, 9 September 2014 for assistance on AfC submission by Costurk
- 11 Request on 13:23:30, 10 September 2014 for assistance on AfC submission by Andrearaiter
- 12 Joseph Llambias Clatworthy
- 13 AFCH script
- 14 Mike Eliason
- 15 Terese Coe
- 16 Rear-eject haul truck bodies
- 17 05:20:06, 17 September 2014 review of submission by Valrandra
- 18 15:11:46, 17 September 2014 review of submission by Psychetube
- 19 Andrew Woodall
- 20 How to add press texts to a draft
- 21 Robert Hamblin
- 22 Linking Text
- 23 October 2014
- 24 Ben Kelly (designer)
- 25 Chris Williamson (architect)
- 26 Thank You
- 27 F. W. Dixon & Son
- 28 DYK for Barry Reamsbottom
- 29 Ilija Fonlamov Francisković
- 30 Discussion regarding the Nomination of Michel Mimran for deletion
- 31 Saiman Miah
Hello and welcome to the WikiProject Architecture - here's the bulletin - if you don't like it just delete it from your talk page, otherwise, it automatically updates. Please give me or one of the other project members a shout if you need any help. Kind regards Elekhh (talk) 22:15, 16 October 2011 (UTC)
Russell Edwards article
thanx for yr comments of a couple of weeks ago - I'll check with Russell Edwards for any articles ABOUT him and if so, will revise. Otherwise, have to let it lie.... he has been reasonably prominent as Oz film critic -- incl. president of Film Critics Circle of Australia -- so will see what I can find when I get more time. (Also must do the article for the Australian Directors Guild which i promised!) Regards Martha Ansara 126.96.36.199 (talk) 10:50, 1 September 2014 (UTC)
00:55:08, 3 September 2014 review of submission by Hamahchisounds
Thank you in advance for your time. I am not sure what it means when it says this : This submission's references do not adequately evidence the subject's notability .
All of the references are legitimate sources and web pages and reflect the information noted on the submission .
Please let me know ,
Spikequeen (talk) 07:41, 3 September 2014 (UTC)Aramovic seems to think the Amanda Eliasch Article is advertising. I edited it last night putting on a link on a book she organised Made by Indians, he seems to not like it. You seems the credible editor in all this. I checked the book and it exists, so I do not know what the problem is. I also corrected the name Bel Air FF, as it was written Belle Air, I looked that up too. There is more on the subject, but obviously it is subject to continual vandalism? Should there be a lock on it? I see you can do this. As with other film makers should the awards be in boxes? Spikequeen (talk) 07:41, 3 September 2014 (UTC)spikequeenSpikequeen (talk) 07:41, 3 September 2014 (UTC)
- It's quite clearly not a speedy deletion candidate, but when you add information about things she's done, you need to cite them to secondary sources, rather than directly to the things themselves e.g. you added a sentence about a book of hers, but cited to the book itself. Sionk (talk) 09:47, 3 September 2014 (UTC)
Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. Wikipedia appreciates your help. We noticed though that when you edited Claude Clark, you added a link pointing to the disambiguation page Oakland Post. Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.
18:03:41, 5 September 2014 review of submission by Rednoy
Hi, can i rewrite the Yonder page write up and start from scratch? Please guide me as to how? Also, I am new to wiki writeup and was wondering if there is a way that i can directly copy paste my article from a word document? or what is the easiet way to post the writeup. Any help/guidance would be greatly appreciated.
- I'd suggest you (re)write it by making a copy to your 'sandbox' then you can check to see whether any wiki markup/inline citations etc. work correctly. It currently reads like it is written by the company's marketing department, rather than by a non-involved editor writing an encylopedia article. Sionk (talk) 18:37, 5 September 2014 (UTC)
The Big Picture Art Exhibition
I hope this email finds you well, in regards to my article, since i am new to Wikipedia, do you need me to get more resources and shorten the introduction and the section in cite 2 to not sound like a marketing page? the National is a official news paper of the country and it has one editor for art unfortunately. since UAE is a small country. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Ramnath88 (talk • contribs) 08:12, 8 September 2014 (UTC)
Hello, I am a bit confused as to why my submission was denied as it follows the same format as this article. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BJB_Enterprises Please let me know what I can do to improve my article. Thank you. Joslagle (talk) 13:37, 8 September 2014 (UTC)
- See the instructions "What you can do" left for you on the draft. As for BJB Enterprises, it's an exceedingly poor article and I've put it up for deletion. Sionk (talk) 14:42, 8 September 2014 (UTC)
14:50:45, 8 September 2014 review of submission by LMazzolari
I'm Lara from Hardlight Studio. I have been very surprised when I found out our contribution has been rejected. As you can see the Studio is part of Sega http://www.sega.co.uk/corporate/ Hardlight released many games, just recently Sonic Jump Fever and Crazy Taxi: City Rush. You can find them on google play or App store. Also this is our website http://www.hardlightstudio.com/
Can you please let us know what do we need to improve the article and have a chance to get published?
- See "What you can do" in the instructions left for you on the draft. You'll need to show the company has had significant coverage in reliable sources that are independent too (blogs,Sega websites or highly specialised sources don't count) i.e. newspapers, magazines or books are ideal. Sionk (talk) 14:55, 8 September 2014 (UTC)
Dear Sionk, Thank you for review my submission. I am working on this now almost 6 months and could not succeed. As per your advice did add some interesting news reference just by AKSA in introductory section , and I did add some comments from SIEMENS company regarding AKSA however this article was in Turkish , I did submission and Hope this would make it work ,other wise Can you please help me , I am loosing my hope :-)
Thank you very much and for your time . Have a great day :-) Costurk
Good day! I have submitted an article about a company and it was rejected as being too much like an advertisement. I have seen other company's sites and am not sure I am understand the difference between telling a story and advertising. They all kind of look the same to me. Can you offer some pointers for me please? The page is My Grandma's of New England located in my sandbox at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draft:My_Grandma%27s_of_New_England
Thank you, Andrea
A month ago you PROD2-ed this, and it was deleted. Undeletion has been requested at WP:REFUND, so per WP:DEL#Proposed deletion I have restored it, and now notify you in case you wish to consider AfD. Regards, JohnCD (talk) 17:05, 12 September 2014 (UTC)
2014-09-10T20:10:18 Sionk (Talk | contribs) moved page Draft:Vanessa Brady to Vanessa Brady (Created via Articles for creation (you can help!) (AFCH))
I have an email confirming that Coe was a finalist for the Barnstone translation prize, but I don't know how to reference that. Can I forward the email to you?
As to your other comments, fair enough...I'm working on gathering more references to critical discussions of her work. As a woman I find it kind of sad that I have to defend the notability of an accomplished, widely published, critically acclaimed, prize-winning poet like Terese Coe, when Kim Kardashian is in there because of her ass...but I do understand the need for documentation.
Unfortunately an email wouldn't be sufficient, sources have to be publicly available, not private correspondence. As for your other comments, well yes, I have to agree, it's often easier to find floods of coverage about celebrities than more serious topics. Hopefully if Coe is critically acclaimed and a major award winner proof won't be too hard to find. Sionk (talk) 16:58, 15 September 2014 (UTC)
- Good job! The early history is particularly useful. Sionk (talk) 14:01, 16 September 2014 (UTC)
05:20:06, 17 September 2014 review of submission by Valrandra
Hi Sionk, I would like to get a further understanding of your comments for the draft on Pasture Group Pte Ltd. Apart from the Product Innovation section, which I agree does not take an entirely neutral tone, would the rest of the sections be considered advertorial? If the entire Product Innovation section is removed, would the draft then be more objective? As for the references, there are supporting articles from neutral newspaper, just that these articles are archived in the respective news sites and are not retrievable. Thus the only source would be from the PDF of the original news clipping. Perhaps you could advise on this?
15:11:46, 17 September 2014 review of submission by Psychetube
I will resubmit adding further references to "prove" that this organisation is well known enough. Please note that there are valid pages for The Longford Prize and The Longford Lectures, all of which derive from The Longford Trust.
Also when I resubmit and you do deem it acceptable, please can you remove the existing redirect - it now redirects to Lord Longford. I named it Draft:The Longford Trust - rather than just "The Londford Trust" - which is realise now is an error, but I did learn that. Psychetube 15:13, 17 September 2014 (UTC)
Psychetube 15:11, 17 September 2014 (UTC)
How to add press texts to a draft
Thanks for your Feedback on Harmen Vanhoorne! You told me to add news coverage on him and so I searched for press texts. I found some in brass magazines all over the world, but these are scans (PDF's) from the magazine. They are not free but I suppose it's fair usage to use them. The problem is I can't upload them into a Draft. Only in an already published page it seems.. How should I proceed in this case..?
Thank you Soink, true, I should write the article first before I categorise it. :)
Hamblin is very well known for his gender activism, however, in the last few years he has refocused his attention to his art. He has an extended solo exhibition set, and has had two exhibitions in 2014. May I put him back on the South African artists list? — Preceding unsigned comment added by Tanya Pretorius (talk • contribs) 16:50, 30 September 2014 (UTC)
- Well, no, not until you've written a Wikipedia article to prove Hamblin is notable enough. Otherwise someone will surely remove his name again. I had a look online for news articles or expert reviews of his work and could only find one (lengthy) news article about his experiences of growing up transgender. Obviously you may have more knowledge about the subject than me, so I wish you luck writing the article. He certainly seems interesting. Sionk (talk) 18:55, 30 September 2014 (UTC)
Hope this finds you well.
I'm trying to link the text "Australian Department of Employment" to this wiki article, but I can't get it to direct to the Australian article (only to generic Department of Employment). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Department_of_Employment_(Australia)
- I'm not 100% sure I understand you, but to pipe a wikilink to a differently named article you'd separate them by a vertical bar e.g. [[Department of Employment (Australia)|Australian Department of Employment]] gives you Australian Department of Employment
- Sionk (talk) 17:26, 2 October 2014 (UTC)
Hello, I'm BracketBot. I have automatically detected that
- List of unpaired brackets remaining on the page:
- week.pdf Property Week, “Tristan trumps target”, by David Hatcher, 31st January 2014]</ref>]
Nice one! Ben Kelly doesn't get nearly the notice he deserves, and we need to make the article longer ... a lot of people (e.g. me) learnt of him via Peter Saville, so I was quite pleased to find the quote where Saville gives Kelly the credit ... - David Gerard (talk) 12:55, 7 October 2014 (UTC)
- No problem. Art and design is a relatively neglected area on Wikipedia so I try and improve articles wherever I can. Sionk (talk) 13:01, 7 October 2014 (UTC)
Chris Williamson (architect)
I see you have tagged Chris Williamson (architect) for speedy deletion, his partners articlesAndrew Weston with no references at all and Steve Humphreys with poor references may need to go too.. afd? Theroadislong (talk) 16:54, 8 October 2014 (UTC)
- I would (in fact I will) speedy Andrew Weston if you don't beat me to it. Steve Humphreys would need to be AfD'd because of the claim to 'significant buildings'. Thanks for spotting them! Sionk (talk) 17:00, 8 October 2014 (UTC)
Thank you very much for the feedback you gave for the Belluck and Fox page. I took your advice and included much better references and information that make the firm notable.
If there is anything else I can change or improve, please feel free to contact me.
F. W. Dixon & Son
I cannot support your judgment in the redirect. This is a stub about a major architectural practice in Manchester that needs massive expansion. Instead the text is added to a person of dubious notability. To prove notability you need to prove the companies notability- by expanding the original article. Can I suggest you say oops- and revert these unhelpful changes. The next stage will be compiling a list of the companies works- and searching the trade directories in Manchester Central library and the local history collections in and and around Oldham. -- Clem Rutter (talk) 22:17, 12 October 2014 (UTC)
- The article was clearly about Dixon and cited only to a biography page about Dixon. It looks like he was a sole practitioner until his son joined the company in 1906. If it was a major architectural company then by all means find sources about it and you're welcome to begin an article on it. Sionk (talk) 23:59, 12 October 2014 (UTC)
|On 14 October 2014, Did you know was updated with a fact from the article Barry Reamsbottom, which you recently created or substantially expanded. The fact was ... that public service trade union General Secretary Barry Reamsbottom refused to stand down after the election of his successor Mark Serwotka, until a high court judge forced him out? The nomination discussion and review may be seen at Template:Did you know nominations/Barry Reamsbottom. You are welcome to check how many page hits the article got while on the front page (here's how, live views, daily totals), and it may be added to the statistics page if the total is over 5,000. Finally, if you know of an interesting fact from another recently created article, then please feel free to suggest it on the Did you know talk page.|
Ilija Fonlamov Francisković
Hi, Sionk! What are the reasons for delition of my article? There are sources, and as I understood, there are no understandable reasons for that! Could you explane? Thank you. --Volimsebese1965 (talk) 21:41, 15 October 2014 (UTC)
- The reasons are on the Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Ilija Fonlamov Francisković discussion page. Sionk (talk) 22:06, 15 October 2014 (UTC)
Discussion regarding the Nomination of Michel Mimran for deletion
I see that you asked for the deletion of the page, and I’m surprised by this. I can’t see why you’d ask to delete an article which is part of contemporary art. Wikipedia requires sources for every claim made, and I believe those were provided for the page of Michel Mimran. Of course, the perception regarding the « quality » of the sources differs from person to person. You are asking for « evidence » of success, and I believe that a Diploma of the prestigious Ecole Nationale des Beaux-Arts of Paris, (FYI : he had the diploma n°3000 in 1976, for an institution that has existed for several centuries) along with notable exhibitions fit in that category. The Ecole Nationale des Beaux-Arts of Paris hasn’t scanned the works of its former students, hence why no links could be attached to the article. Tangible proofs, such as Beaux-Arts and Architecture diplomas, are in paper form.
You may also not be aware that the CAL (Cercle artistique du Luxembourg), which is also cited in the references, is the official art institution/academy in Luxembourg. To be part of the CAL, is also an « evidence » of success. Not every artist can be part of it : it requires to pass the selection and have had three successful exhibitions for 3 years in a row. Michel Mimran is also one of the only foreign members of the CAL. You can see it here : http://cal.lu/galerie.php
If by « evidence » of success, you’re are referring to the lack of art galleries mentioned, here’s the reason : Michel Mimran has enough private art collectors and welcomes his clients in his atelier in Luxembourg. He’s still working on the field of memory in art and still produces artwors, if you’re intenterested, I’d gladly send you pictures of his latest works.
The news coverages, mostly come from RTL channel in Luxembourg (part of RTL group, Europe's leading entertainment company) (Links n° 6 & n°7) I am sorry it seems confusing to you, but these are part of the Luxemburgish press. I’ll update some links as I’ve seen one or two have changed since the creation of the page. The only trouble with having to select « online links » is the fact that they don’t always remain active and online. I have however plenty of tangible sources /news paper articles, diplomas, press coverages, that are not available online.
I wish you did contact me to express your opinions first, rather than immediately upload a wikipedia page deletion. Wikipedia also stands for freedom of expression. This page has been written after a lot of researches, I see that you have two University degrees. So do I, in Literature and History/Political science. I speak 4 languages, and I have multiple interests, -contemporary art is one of them. This article is not a fancruft, it’s a biography about a French contemporary artist and architect. I have left countless informations aside, because I’m aware of Wikipedia’s source policy, (just to name one : As an artist, Michel Mimran was asked to be a member of the Association des Trophées francophones, but this sort of information is not published online obviously) Michel Mimran is part of the contemporary culture scene, and none of the material used is unsourced and potentially libelous and harmful.
Wikipedia is one of the largest general reference work. Since anyone can access and edit the website, it’s also the opportunity for people from all around the world to share their knowledge. We can always learn someting new. You may/or may not be aware of the work of Michel Mimran, but this is also what Wikipedia is for : to gather knowledge from all over the world and make it accessible to the majority of people.
Nevertheless I’m very glad to see the interest you’re showing in this artist, and if you’d like to have a look at the artist’s work, you’re more than welcome to give me an email and I’ll transfer it to the artist, who will send you pictures of his latest artworks.
- Hi Think88, I see someone has replied to your lengthy comment, at Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Michel Mimran. As they say, subjects in Wikipedia need to be widely known and/or important. It is not sufficient just to exist.
- If you know of newspaper/magazine/book sources about Mimran please add them to the article reference list. They do not need to be online, but they do need to be published (not private archives, certificates or letters). See WP:CITEHOW for the sort of information you need to provide for offline sources. Sionk (talk) 12:03, 19 October 2014 (UTC)
Hi, thank you for the clarifications. I'll update the article and add more sources such as newspapers and magazines, since I'm able to provide these informations. Sincerely, Think88 — Preceding undated comment added 17:33, 19 October 2014 (UTC)
- Comment Hello, I've deleted several non-working links, and have added more sources ( newpapers and medias) coming from third-party commentaries. Some sources refer to his work on perception and its impact, and some confirm his birth and other informations which you were questioning. Sincerely, Think88 — Preceding undated comment added 19:46, 21 October 2014 (UTC)