Welcome to Wikipedia
Hello, Sir, and welcome to Wikipedia! Thank you for your contributions so far. Here are a few good links for newcomers:
- The five pillars of Wikipedia
- How to edit a page
- Editing tutorial
- Picture tutorial
- How to write a great article
- Naming conventions
- Manual of Style
Take a look at Consensus of standards. It is always wise to read the talk page of an existing article before making major changes on it, to see if your idea has already been discussed. Even then, it is often helpful to suggest a major change before making it, to see if anyone objects or wants to discuss it. Do not delete materials on other people's talk pages or on the talk pages of articles.
When you contribute to a talk page, please sign your name using four tildes: ~ ~ ~ ~ but without the spaces.
Again, welcome! -- Ssilvers 20:25, 4 April 2007 (UTC)
I notice that many of the changes that you have made so far are to move punctuation inside quotation marks. Note that where a single word is shown in quotes, the punctuation should go outside the quotation marks. See WP:MOS. Sometimes getting started on Wikipedia is a little rocky. Best regards, -- Ssilvers 16:24, 12 July 2007 (UTC)
Yes, that's fine. Thanks for the understanding reply, and your work in fighting vandalism! 18.104.22.168 09:24, 4 August 2007 (UTC)
Well, it passes the time! Thanks. LessHeard vanU 22:45, 4 August 2007 (UTC)
Nancy Reagan edits
You will note that I asked you to cite your source for the Flushing, NY birthplace. Reverting my edit without citation is not the same as winning the argument, buddy. - Arcayne (cast a spell) 23:22, 4 August 2007 (UTC)
- Oh, I'm sorry! I had that and just forgot... I'll add it right now! Sir 23:25, 4 August 2007 (UTC)
Hi Mark. I'm happy to adopt you. I usually start by reviewing my new adoptees' recent contributions to see if there are any areas I can give advice on. Hopefully I'll do that sometime tonight or tomorrow evening. Is there anything specific you want help with in the meantime?--Chaser - T 22:31, 5 August 2007 (UTC)
- I went through your contributions and didn't see anything article specific to give feedback on at this time. You're certainly passionate about counter-vandalism! If you haven't already, you might watchlist Wikipedia (the article), as it gets a fair bit of vandalism. I see you've already discovered watchlisting the Featured Article of the day. Keep it up! It gets lots of vandalism. One trick I can tell you is that admins will block much faster for vandalism on those two articles. They are high profile, so we have a low tolerance for any unwelcome antics on those pages. Normally we don't block until a vandal has gotten about two warnings (most vandals are school-kids having fun, even if their fun is obnoxious to our project). I can't think of anything else. Let me know if you need anything.--Chaser - T 04:28, 7 August 2007 (UTC)
External Links Template
I wasn't sure if this was a template you created but if so I hope you don't mind me using it ^_^ Welcome to Wikipedia. We invite everyone to contribute constructively to the encyclopedia. However, the external links you added to the page Bharti Airtel do not comply with our guidelines for external links. Wikipedia is not a mere directory of links; nor should it be used for advertising or promotion. Since Wikipedia uses nofollow tags, external links do not alter search engine rankings. If you feel the link should be added to the article, then please discuss it on the article's talk page before reinserting it. Please take a look at the welcome page to learn more about contributing to this encyclopedia. Thank you. Naruttebayo 04:54, 6 August 2007 (UTC)
- If this is a shared IP address, and you didn't make any unconstructive edits, consider creating an account for yourself so you can avoid further irrelevant warnings. -- Naruttebayo 05:35, 6 August 2007 (UTC)
- No, I didn't make it, it came with WP:TWINKLE, which is just so amazing for fighting vandalism. You should try it out if you don't use it already! - Sir 05:40, 6 August 2007 (UTC)
- Oooh, Twinkle is awesome, thanx. -- Naruttebayo 21:01, 6 August 2007 (UTC)
Hi. Just wanted to note that although you are using Twinkle, I saw that your edit reverted back to a revision with vandalism inside it. And I just wanted to tell you that I reverted it so the vandalism would be gone. Yeah, I know. You were probably trying to revert the vandalism; so was I. But it looks like for you, things went into a little bundle. That's okay. SchfiftyThree 22:46, 18 January 2008 (UTC)
Orphaned non-free media (Image:Tmfhs logo.gif)
Thanks for uploading Image:Tmfhs logo.gif. The media description page currently specifies that it is non-free and may only be used on Wikipedia under a claim of fair use. However, it is currently orphaned, meaning that it is not used in any articles on Wikipedia. If the media was previously in an article, please go to the article and see why it was removed. You may add it back if you think that that will be useful. However, please note that media for which a replacement could be created are not acceptable for use on Wikipedia (see our policy for non-free media).
If you have uploaded other unlicensed media, please check whether they're used in any articles or not. You can find a list of 'image' pages you have edited by clicking on the "my contributions" link (it is located at the very top of any Wikipedia page when you are logged in), and then selecting "Image" from the dropdown box. Note that all non-free media not used in any articles will be deleted after seven days, as described on criteria for speedy deletion. Thank you. BJBot (talk) 05:07, 26 June 2008 (UTC)
Ichthus: January 2012
In this issue...
For submissions contact the Newsroom • To unsubscribe add yourself to the list here