|It's time to make a stand against the arrogant and incompetent Wikimedia Foundation and its complete disregard for those of us who actually build this encyclopedia. Their salaries are paid on the back of our unpaid work, therefore in line with some others I've decided to withdraw my labour every Monday until things change. And if they don't, I'll be extending the length of my strike. I encourage everyone to join me.|
||An editor thinks something might be wrong with this page. They can't be arsed to fix it, but can rest assured that they've done their encyclopedic duty by sticking on a tag.
Please allow this tag to languish indefinitely at the top of the page, since nobody knows exactly what the tagging editor was worked up about.
- 1 Per your RX request
- 2 Please Help me
- 3 Best regards
- 4 Wikipedia:Arbitration/Requests/Case/Gender Gap Task Force opened
- 5 FOR GOD'S SAKE
- 6 Talkback message from Tito Dutta
- 7 Retired
- 8 OH NO!
- 9 A cup of tea for you!
- 10 A barnstar for you!
- 11 Endorsement request
- 12 Case opened
- 13 You custom email
- 14 Why are not you coming back still?
- 15 A requested move
- 16 Come back
Per your RX request
As requested , time limited.
Please Help me
On the page Kashmir.
- Yep. I just saw you had posted at AN and thought you were back. I hope you are. You're among a core group of editors one can typically count on--knows how to write, can separate wheat from chaff, cares about the goals of the project. Well. All the best to you, Sitush, whatever you decide. Drmies (talk) 20:54, 13 October 2014 (UTC)
- What the wise doctor said.
- Honestly, I think it would be good for you to take a wikibreak to take care of the serious off-wiki harassment without being distracted by the on-wiki niggles that are part of editing on wikipedia (and that you are otherwise very well equipped to deal with). But if you think you'll be allowed to simply retire, think again. :-)
- Email, if we can be any help. Cheers. Abecedare (talk) 03:23, 14 October 2014 (UTC)
You recently offered a statement in a request for arbitration. The Arbitration Committee has accepted that request for arbitration and an arbitration case has been opened at Wikipedia:Arbitration/Requests/Case/Gender Gap Task Force. Evidence that you wish the arbitrators to consider should be added to the evidence subpage, at Wikipedia:Arbitration/Requests/Case/Gender Gap Task Force/Evidence. Please add your evidence by October 17, 2014, which is when the evidence phase closes. You can also contribute to the case workshop subpage, Wikipedia:Arbitration/Requests/Case/Gender Gap Task Force/Workshop. For a guide to the arbitration process, see Wikipedia:Arbitration/Guide to arbitration. For the Arbitration Committee, Ks0stm (T•C•G•E) 14:37, 3 October 2014 (UTC)
FOR GOD'S SAKE
FOR GOD'S SAKE, PLEASE RETURN TO WIKIPEDIA AND RESUME EDITING. I BADLY need your presence. See User:Titodutta/Condensed proposed roadmap for Wikimedia work in India for a hint. -- 03:02, 7 October 2014 (UTC)
Talkback message from Tito Dutta
20:51, 12 October 2014 (UTC)
- Whoosh. Don't retire. -- 19:35, 13 October 2014 (UTC)
- Gods bless, stay safe, and thanks for all you've done here. Yngvadottir (talk) 21:13, 13 October 2014 (UTC)
- Sad. WP's loss. Understandable. All the best for the future. DeCausa (talk) 21:37, 13 October 2014 (UTC)
- Sad but understandable. How you managed to put up with all the crap surrounding the Indian/caste articles for so long will forever remain a mystery to me. I may be following you out the door quite soon myself as it happens. Eric Corbett 03:33, 14 October 2014 (UTC)
- Please reconsider. GoodDay (talk) 03:46, 14 October 2014 (UTC)
- Go well Sitush. Wikipedia hugely benefited from your presence. You are one of Wikipedia's greatest, most courageous and honourable editors. And one of Wikipedia's greatest shames... Wikipedia doesn't deserve great editors. --Epipelagic (talk) 04:35, 14 October 2014 (UTC)
- Some time, some place, we'll meet again. All the best to you, and enjoy the peace of mind that, I hope, may come from leaving Wikipedia. Joshua Jonathan -Let's talk! 06:49, 14 October 2014 (UTC)
- Precious and missed (pictured). On 14 October, I began my independence from Teh Community, with the help of some courageous people, Eric first, --Gerda Arendt (talk) 06:52, 14 October 2014 (UTC)
- I don't blame you either Sitush, take care and all the very best. I do hope things get sorted out for you, who knows you might be starting a procession through that exit door. J3Mrs (talk) 09:15, 14 October 2014 (UTC)
- A sad and ignoble day for Wikipedia. Goodbye, Sitush, and goodbye too to any hope of having decent and unbiased coverage of anything related to the Indian subcontinent. Yunshui 雲水 09:25, 14 October 2014 (UTC)
- Thank you, all. One last thing, though: if anyone has any useful advice to offer regarding how to retrieve my domain name, which is being deactivated as per this thread due to IAC's malicious accusation of 419 scamming, then my Wikipedia email link is still operative because it uses GMail. I think I need legal advice because neither ICANN nor the domain registrar will deal with me and the registrar's reseller (Easily Ltd) are refusing to reply to my emails. I'm really in trouble unless I can resolve this issue. - Sitush (talk) 09:27, 14 October 2014 (UTC)
- a) Should I email (using this form) or call them (in their Washington, US number) and see if they give any response? b) The journalist who made a news story once, have you contacted them? It might be another story for them. c) I can get a lawyer's opinion (Indian lawyer, using "vakilsearch" etc website, that's all I can afford financially). Do you want to do it? Id you do, I'll give these a try ASAP. -- 12:35, 14 October 2014 (UTC)
- Can you not transfer the domain name away from Easily to someone more sensible? I often use JustTheName. Eric Corbett 12:37, 14 October 2014 (UTC)
- Update: Easily have replied to my latest email. Perhaps someone has had a word with them. I'll see what happens next. - Sitush (talk) 18:49, 14 October 2014 (UTC)
- Not good but understandable Sitush. I hope you come back but messing up your life is not what Wikipedia should be about. The sad truth is that without people like you around, entire parts of Wikipedia will sink into some sort of POV hell hole at the cost of its credibility. --regentspark (comment) 15:04, 14 October 2014 (UTC)
- We've had our differences, but I still hold you in the highest respect. I hope to goodness that you come back; till then the Indic spaces will have to get by with lesser mortals such as myself. Vaya con dios, my friend. Vanamonde93 (talk) 15:18, 14 October 2014 (UTC)
- Wishing you all the best. Farewell for now in fondness. Fylbecatulous talk 03:42, 15 October 2014 (UTC)
- Good luck Sitush and may you have success in all you do. Hopefully one day you will return and resume your excellent work. Cassiantotalk 18:37, 15 October 2014 (UTC)
- Sitush, you have been very helpful and flown the flag for those who believe article improvement comes before everything else and always should do. That said, I can't blame you for retiring given the circumstances. Take it easy and enjoy what you do. Ritchie333 (talk) (cont) 09:49, 16 October 2014 (UTC)
- Sitush, you've been an amazing support and I've appreciated all your kind nudges. I guess my brain had not computed (or didn't want to) that it was a full-out retirement, but you absolutely need to take care of yourself. If there's anything I can do, let me know.--CaroleHenson (talk) 10:27, 16 October 2014 (UTC)
Hi sitush, Just saw your retirement thing here! , had reworked on the article sri aurobindo. if possible only when you feel you can peak back in once, can you have a look at it before i push it to GA nomination again ? Shrikanthv (talk) 13:21, 14 October 2014 (UTC)
- I fondly want to remind you that, you are not permitted to retire! How you can retire without our permission? Hope ,you will return soon. Rayabhari (talk) 15:15, 15 October 2014 (UTC)
A cup of tea for you!
|Hope you will accept the offer of a cup of tea and return. Rayabhari (talk) 15:17, 15 October 2014 (UTC)|
A barnstar for you!
|The Barnstar of Good Humor|
|I hope this turns out to be a wikibreak only, and that you return in the near future, refreshed and ready to continue. Cheers – SchroCat (talk) 18:50, 15 October 2014 (UTC)|
- As you have noticed, I gave one. -- 01:32, 16 October 2014 (UTC)
You recently offered a statement in a request for arbitration. The Arbitration Committee has accepted that request for arbitration and an arbitration case has been opened at Wikipedia:Arbitration/Requests/Case/Landmark Worldwide. Evidence that you wish the arbitrators to consider should be added to the evidence subpage, at Wikipedia:Arbitration/Requests/Case/Landmark Worldwide/Evidence. Please add your evidence by October 30, 2014, which is when the evidence phase closes. You can also contribute to the case workshop subpage, Wikipedia:Arbitration/Requests/Case/Landmark Worldwide/Workshop. For a guide to the arbitration process, see Wikipedia:Arbitration/Guide to arbitration. For the Arbitration Committee, S Philbrick(Talk) 01:52, 16 October 2014 (UTC)--S Philbrick(Talk) 01:52, 16 October 2014 (UTC)
You custom email
Why is not it still working now? Did they not they (ICANN/your domain service provider) re-enable it? a quick look-up showed 0 A record, 0 MX record for the domain. --08:27, 16 October 2014 (UTC)
- I don't think any good would come from a public discussion about this, except possibly for an announcement of a final outcome, when that is known. Johnuniq (talk) 08:46, 16 October 2014 (UTC)
Why are not you coming back still?
We have much much more important works in hand than those IAC, we have CoTM restart, EnWP India community organization etc, see User:Titodutta/Condensed proposed roadmap for Wikimedia work in India'
And our proposed leader is gone from En WP. When are you returning ? --19:32, 17 October 2014 (UTC)
- Wow, that is a very ambitious list of projects. Is this part of the India WikiProject? Or, maybe that's what you mean by EnWP India community organization.
- There's a lot there that is out of my reach, but I've just written a couple of dozen or so articles about India - mostly places, towns, or biographies. If I can help out a little with articles that are not likely to be contentious, I would be happy to kick in a bit of effort.--CaroleHenson (talk) 19:59, 17 October 2014 (UTC)
- Yes, those are recent Wikimedia India Conference's "ideas" (Bangalore, 4-5 October). #Community is mainly our works, but, we can spread and take over other works as well. First thing we need is "community organization" and we need Sitush to lead the project. -- 20:09, 17 October 2014 (UTC)
A requested move
Please participate here: User_talk:Titodutta/Condensed_proposed_roadmap_for_Wikimedia_work_in_India#Informal_requested_move -- 20:36, 17 October 2014 (UTC)
|Wybrand Hendriks - Interieur met naaiende vrouw. With a Löwchen Hafspajen (talk) 21:22, 17 October 2014 (UTC)|