|The Barnstar of Diligence|
|There are many Barnstars that Smuckola (DTM) deserves, I also acknowledge diligence. My sincere thanks George Hill - Australia|
|The Copyeditor's Barnstar|
|I acknowledge excellence in copyediting My sincere thanks George Hill - Australia|
- 1 A barnstar for you!
- 2 Hooray! You created your Teahouse profile!
- 3 "Mac" dropped from "Mac OS X" in Mountain Lion
- 4 Welcome to WikiProject percussion
- 5 The Special BarnStar
- 6 Happy Easter!!!
- 7 THANX! ! !
- 8 More Thanks
- 9 A barnstar for you!
- 10 iOS 7
- 11 A barnstar for you!
- 12 Vocoding/Voce FX example ideas
- 13 Re :Wikilove
- 14 A barnstar for you!
- 15 People in drum corps
- 16 Look a little closer before you template, please.
- 17 Upcoming Wikimedia event in Lawrence Kansas!
- 18 A Kitten! A Kitten! A Kitten!
- 19 LeBassRobespierre
A barnstar for you!
|The Original Barnstar|
|You're a superstar. Thank you for your help! JSFarman (talk) 00:36, 14 March 2013 (UTC)|
Hooray! You created your Teahouse profile!
Congratulations! You have earned the
|Welcome to the Teahouse Badge|
|Awarded to editors who have introduced themselves at the Wikipedia Teahouse.
Guest editors with this badge show initiative and a great drive to learn how to edit Wikipedia.
"Mac" dropped from "Mac OS X" in Mountain Lion
In "About This Mac", the "Mac" refers to the hardware, not the OS, so that's not a reference to the OS as being "Mac OS X". (The window it pops up informs you that "This Mac" is running "OS X".) However, I think I might have seen some "Mac OS X" references of some sort still hiding in Mountain Lion, probably because somebody forgot about them or because they weren't worth fixing. Guy Harris (talk) 10:21, 25 March 2013 (UTC)
I know, but that's not what the wikipedia article nor the sourced article said, so it was factually and encyclopedically incorrect. ^_^ Besides that, I don't imagine that it's a matter of fixing anything, because the operating system's naming is just a gigantic train wreck of stupid mashed up nicknames. They release software and hardware, and they call it stuff, sometimes. Their machines also have several different layers of pointlessly vague nicknames. They literally release entirely different products with the same names. The company is bonkers. The only thing that matters is the actual numbers. Smuckola (talk) 10:29, 25 March 2013 (UTC)
Welcome to WikiProject percussion
The Special BarnStar
|The Special Barnstar|
Even in the complete dark you will always know who you are, and we will all ways recognize it for you. May your star shine bright, true and through, no matter the way of day, no matter the manner of night. You will always be you, and special.
So a print encyclopedia, a strawberry shortcake, and a sycamore walk into a bar - wait, have you heard this one? (talk) 22:48, 31 March 2013 (UTC)
THANX! ! !
- I am most honored to be acknowledged for that. I want to learn about all of the world's tribes. I learned a lot in this process, and yet I know very little compared to your own people. It's pretty weird that the articles about a people would misspell their name all throughout, even inside of the same sentence as a correctly spelled version, but I tried to fix it in all related articles. Thank you very much. Please do keep in touch if I can do anything else.Smuckola (Email) (Talk) 08:20, 29 April 2013 (UTC)
A barnstar for you!
|The Editor's Barnstar|
|You're a superstar! JSFarman (talk) 20:24, 1 June 2013 (UTC)|
Hi, thanks for your recent edits to iOS 7. Would you be able to chip in to the conversation on the talk page about the criticism section? In my opinion (as I've explained at the talk), it's not necessary and very much bias, especially for an OS that isn't even available as full beta let alone GM release yet. Thanks! 10:18, 15 June 2013 (UTC)
- Yeah man, thanks. Done. Let the other prominent editors know too! — Smuckola (Email) (Talk) 19:06, 15 June 2013 (UTC)
A barnstar for you!
|The Barnstar of Diligence|
|Thank you for your work at iOS 7, and for proving that I wasn't alone in the fight... 19:33, 15 June 2013 (UTC)|
Vocoding/Voce FX example ideas
Some thoughts post IRC:
1. Early Speech Systems " Please <pause> Adjust <pause>Dial <pause> One One Two Four, Operator
2. Vocoded Robot "This is the voice of a Wikipedia account which is not human! I edit by your instructions operator!" (think Cylon/ Davison Era Cyberman)
3. Formicadae "This is the voice of Primary One, We think that you should be hearing this..."
Arguably this has a LOT of buzz in it as insects would speak with their wings and a 'reed' like mouth motion. Vowel sounds are extended, and the inflexions present in speech may be slightly off.
Some insect speech would be slurred, so Primary One might to a casual observer sound slightly drunk, Also To get really good insect speech, you might need to do some more research as some can only 'sing' in a certain range. My intended example in this is probably a 'female' insect in the
4. 50's OTR Alien - Technically the effect here is that of an echo chamber and unusal intonation. Male OTR aliens seem to be deep voiced.. Male: " We are the gate-keepers, You as children have thought as inoccents, but time it has come for you to in maturity put aside that you as children shall hold in inoccence.."
5. OTR Fairie/Elf. Not sure about female aliens/faries but a sample line might read Female:" I am Primary of Three, I am of the trans-dimensional, and you are a welcome visitor to our viel on reality.
Another suggestions for source material would be Ariel's lines in The Tempest or Titania's in a Midsummer's Night Dream..
Thanks for the kitten,we named him kitty. everyone should know. EVERYONE! HEEEEY, did you hear me? everyone, especially someone who really cares for you. otherwise you could wish your name was earl. Remember Hitler. Facial hair is DYNOMITEI will try to translate the page of your request on IRC.--Carliitaeliza TALK 16:28, 26 June 2013 (UTC)
A barnstar for you!
|The Tireless Contributor Barnstar|
|Thanks for your edits for all of your edits for the Chicago articles, especially your edits on Chicago XXXII. I am willing to help you get the article to B class. Rock on! Dobbyelf62 (talk) 17:23, 20 July 2013 (UTC)|
People in drum corps
I noticed there were several people with the categories of Drum and bugle corps and/or things like DCI World class corps... Since these folks are not drum corps, I created a new category of People in drum corps and moved several of these people there... If you know of or see any others who should be there, please add that category to their pages... GWFrog (talk) 17:05, 8 January 2014 (UTC)
- Dear Mr. Frog. I'm not clear on this. You say they "are not drum corps" but they're "in drum corps". I'm sorry, but I'm afraid that I don't understand what you're up to, and would enjoy some clarification, please! Thank you and keep up the enthusiasm! Please keep checking out my drum pages (see list)! — Smuckola (Email) (Talk) 21:51, 24 January 2014 (UTC)
Look a little closer before you template, please.
Hi. Wanna explain how this edit was vandalism warranting a template? I assume it was just a mistake, but, maybe be a little more caution about templating the regulars. Thanks. Grayfell (talk) 02:49, 27 February 2014 (UTC)
- Hey there bro, we are beta testing a new counter-vandalism GUI and I misinterpreted its layout, thinking I was undoing the vandalism that you had actually already just undone. It's pretty rough. Sorry about that! I'm just glad that the mighty Busey is strong enough to take it. ^_^ — Smuckola (Email) (Talk) 02:52, 27 February 2014 (UTC)
- No prob. That's a noble task. It was inevitable that I get templated eventually, so I guess if it's for a good cause I'll just have to soldier on somehow. Of course it would have to be Busey. Grayfell (talk) 02:59, 27 February 2014 (UTC)
Upcoming Wikimedia event in Lawrence Kansas!
Lawrence Wikipedia Tutorial April 8, 2014 Lawrence Public Library
You are invited to the Lawrence Wikipedia Tutorial on April 8, 2014 at the Lawrence Public Library. Experienced editors invited to help new users learn how to use the Wikipedia and build the community in Lawrence, Kansas. See Lawrence Wikipedia Tutorial.
A Kitten! A Kitten! A Kitten!
Thanks for hitting me with the cheer exactly when I needed it.
Smuckola — It has taken me some time to find how to get to this page, and I hope I'm in the right place and it is OK to post here this message: I appreciate your thanks for my minimal contribution of adding a reference to Phineas Gage. I'm a newcomer to Wikipedia editing but not to computer as well as old fashioned editing. I have done some work this past few days on Wikipedia to a couple of entries that needed essential info that was missing, namely to the entries on Deep Brain Stimulation, Psychosurgery, etc., as I have interests in various subjects including history and neuroscience. Anyway thanks to you for the unexpected welcoming message of thanks to a new comer! LeBassRobespierre (talk) 21:18, 9 April 2014 (UTC)
- That's all good. One glance at the revision history of Phineas Gage or the Talk page, will show you what a social disaster it has been. There's been a huge amount of WP:3RR, WP:COI, WP:OWNERSHIP, and WP:ICANTHEARYOU there, and it's just deplorable. So good luck there, and don't feel bad if the trolls bite. Just keep trying, and discuss things in the Talk page, and talk with the people who've come in to mediate. :-/ Or don't let their mental problems get you down, and move on to what does work. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance. You can email me or whatever, as is stated in my signature here! — Smuckola (Email) (Talk) 00:22, 10 April 2014 (UTC)