WELCOME TO MY TALK PAGE! Please leave NEW comments at the bottom. Thank you! :) -Sara FB (talk) 00:34, 24 May 2013 (UTC)
- 1 Hi Sara
- 2 Thank You
- 3 Hi!
- 4 Cool Stuff
- 5 Hello Sara
- 6 Useful resource
- 7 Query Cazalinks
- 8 Thank You
- 9 Belated thanks for welcome to class
- 10 Fix user after login on talk page
- 11 Final Project
- 12 Your course
- 13 Archive for week 5?
- 14 Linking to course page
- 15 WIKISOO2 class reunion today?
- 16 ُEnrollment for the WIKISOO course
- 17 WIKISOO Project(s)
- 18 Test using AWB
- 19 Thanking Pete over here
- 20 Want to work on the MOOC Article? SIGN UP HERE!
- 21 My first article.
- 22 Badges application not working?
- 23 Shall I give feedback?
- 24 Trouble for 2 weeks
- 25 Your WIKISOO Signator Badge
- 26 Final Article Ready
- 27 Open Course Library
Hi Snarfa and thanks for the welcome. If I can help in any way please let me know, Kind regards (and PS I hope this talk works) Anna Daniel (talk) 00:26, 9 February 2013 (UTC)AnnaAnna Daniel (talk) 00:26, 9 February 2013 (UTC)
Thanks for sending me a welcome. I get to try to "respond to a talk using talk" whoa that's sound crazy. Please feel free to tell me when to be less visible. See you tonight!! Patricia.Loeblein (talk) 22:17, 21 May 2013 (UTC)
BTW: You might have missed me because I joined the class a couple of weeks before it started. Originally, the first webinar was scheduled for 5/7. I was all ready to attend late that night when I found out that there was a change to help more people attend and that the class was changed to start on the 14th. I think this was a nice thing for you to do - I know it means you have to present twice a week. I am one of hte people who really benefit, I kow I will be more able to learn earlier in the eveing. I am really excited that many OER groups are getting this training. Our group certainly was not prepared to embark without this support group. Patricia.Loeblein (talk) 23:39, 21 May 2013 (UTC)
I has signature
This is how I got my signature line to a) link to my username; b) show my real name, and c) link to my talk page! I'd tried before and messed it up. Try this if you managed to break yours too...
a) Log into your account (top right)
b) Choose Preferences (top right)
c) Scroll down to "Signature" and paste this into the blank line under Current Signature:
[[User:YourUsername|NameYouWantPeopleToSee]] ([[User talk:YourUsername|talk]])
d) Tick the box that says "Treat the above as wiki markup"
Hey Sara, just wanted to let you know -- Wikipedia:Education noticeboard is where people bring stuff up about Wikimedia education stuff. Might be a useful resource for us as we refine our course page: Education Program:Peer to Peer University/Writing Wikipedia Articles (2013 Q2) -Pete (talk) 18:01, 2 May 2013 (UTC)
Hi Sara. My name is Javier (Cazalinks), I am student in the course "Peer to Peer University / Writing Wikipedia Articles (2013 Q2)" I just want to show the first project I've been working these days to exchange views.
It comes to a translation of the course itself "Peer to Peer University / Writing Wikipedia Articles (2013 Q2)" to Spanish: Wikipedia:Programa de Educación: Peer-to-Peer University / Escribiendo artículos de Wikipedia (Q2 2013)
- Thanks Javier! What a truly wonderful idea - I'm directing this to Pete for further discussion! If you approve, we can move this to the Talk tab for the course, so all can participate! - Sara FB (talk) 18:50, 19 May 2013 (UTC)
Hi again Sara,
I have problems with a couple of links that do not work and are not sure why: The problem is in the second of my projects "WIKISOO/Semana 1" specifically the banner link "Escribir artículos de Wikipedia" It should link to "Programa de Educación: Peer-to-Peer University / Escribiendo artículos de Wikipedia (Q2 2013)" and also in the links titled " página principal del curso" which also should link to the same site. What do you think i'm doing wrong?. A greeting. --Cazalinks (talk) 11:48, 21 May 2013 (UTC)
Belated thanks for welcome to class
Sorry for my late response to your welcome.
I didn't have a chance to ask about this last week, but re: signature, why is it necessary to enter a signature when doing edits? In my past edits prior to the class, I always signed in my Wikipedia account so the edits would be identified as mine. I haven't accrued that many edits so I think I can go back and insert my signature retroactively if necessary -- do you advise doing that?
Same question about entering my signature when making comments on a Talk page.
Hope my questions make sense.
Really enjoying the webinars.
- Cammie, I tried to answer this on your talk page. Hope it helped. -Sara FB (talk) 02:07, 5 June 2013 (UTC)
Fix user after login on talk page
Appreciate your messages and have been following on lectures on youtube and am learning a great deal. I saw the message on fixing user name but am not following what I need to do. Please advise. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Melisse May (talk • contribs) 14:59, 3 June 2013 (UTC)
I have volunteered as an online volunteer for your course. I know I am in a little late, but you have not started the final project yet, which is likely where your students will need assistance. Please feel free to ask me any questions, or direct your students to ask me any questions at my talk page. You also have an excellent administrator as your co-instructor, so I am sure you are already well in hand. If you need anything, let me know. Thanks. Go Phightins! 13:35, 8 June 2013 (UTC)
- I replied at my talk page to you. If you want me to participate in your conference tomorrow as a resource for questions, I can, but based on your course page, it looks like you are pretty well covered with people much more prestigious than myself :) -- but if you want me, I think I am free around 9 PM EDT. Go Phightins! 01:09, 11 June 2013 (UTC)
Archive for week 5?
- Looks like Pete covered this already. :) -Sara FB (talk) 13:12, 13 June 2013 (UTC)
Linking to course page
Sara , On the Phet Interactive Simulations article talk section, I added a disclosure statement and wanted to link back to the course, but it appears to have some block. can you check my coding - or is it ok to leave it a red link? (learned what that was last night at lab) PS I wanted to explore including Pete in this talk, so I put this in his talk page too.
WIKISOO2 class reunion today?
ُEnrollment for the WIKISOO course
Hello Snarfa, I was registering for the WIKISOO course, and in the enrollment page (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Enroll/School_of_Open/WIKISOO_%28February_2014%29), I found that (In order to enroll for this course, you need a token provided by your instructor or one of the volunteers for your course.) I am not sure where I can get this from. Can you please advise on that? Thanks a lot. HWteam (talk) 19:04, 10 February 2014 (UTC)HWteam 19:04, 10 February 2014 (UTC) 19:03, 10 February 2014 (UTC)
- Hi there HWTeam and welcome! Check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:School_of_Open_course/February_2014 - the token is WIKISOO. Looking forward to "meeting" you when the class starts. - Sara FB (talk) 22:12, 10 February 2014 (UTC)
Hello. You have a new message at Litjade's talk page.
I am working on several stub articles:
- An HSPH faculty member who is a 'first' at Harvard
- A Faculty member in a progressive NYC school who recently died, but who was famous in his own niche (vegetarian history), but the article was declined on February 14th.
- The reputed founder of the Boston University School of Public Health (then as part of Boston University Medical School), and all I have now are Internet articles and the transcriptions of three audiotapes (which have been released into public domain when the UNLVR oral history program was shuttered because revenue stopped after the sequester.
I need someone to review my work to give me advice on working on only one or two of them, and what to do on the article(s) that I submit for my course project.
Test using AWB
I've sent myself this message from the past! In the future, ____. - Sara FB (talk) 20:50, 4 March 2014 (UTC)
Thanking Pete over here
Want to work on the MOOC Article? SIGN UP HERE!
Anyone in WIKISOO interested in the MOOC article? Please sign your names here with a brief note about your interest/experience. Thanks!
- Sara FB (talk) 03:45, 25 March 2014 (UTC)
My first article.
Hi Sara (Snarfa). I'm really glad because I moved my project from the sandbox to Wikipedia, and here is the result so far: https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Refugio_Reyes_Rivas
I have learned a lot in the WIKISOO course.--Luisalvaz (talk) 16:35, 31 March 2014 (UTC)
- @Luisalvaz, That's great! A terrific-looking article. :) Post a bit about your experience on the TALK page if you haven't already!! - Sara FB (talk) 22:50, 31 March 2014 (UTC)
Badges application not working?
Hi Sara, thanks for teaching the class. I just tried to apply to the badge but after filling out the data and clicking Create a project, it just reloads the same page and no confirmation message that it actually got through. I included a link to a diff between my final project page before my first edit, with my latest edit before start of the last class today. https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Nothing_to_Envy&diff=602337914&oldid=587834143 . By the way, I'd also apply to the Burba badge, but don't have 200 edits yet. (Are there any badges for higher quality edits?) If the article got bumped up a notch on the quality scale if it qualifies, that would be nice. DavidBoudreau (talk) 04:08, 2 April 2014 (UTC)
- @DavidBoudreau, thanks for checking in. Can you try another browser if this remains a problem? Someone else had this error but was able to submit in the end. If it persists we should notify P2PU however. Right now, Signator and Burba are the only two badges for the class. Do you need help determining whether you're in the vicinity of a quality bump? Keep in touch. - Sara FB (talk) 02:42, 5 April 2014 (UTC)
- @Sara FB Thank you. I tried it with Firefox and Opera, but still no dice. Clicking the button after filling in the fields just reloads the same form, with all the data that I filled in, but doesn't seem to be getting sent on through. I just dropped them an email. re: quality bump, sorry I will figure that one out (I planned on delaying that process until I applied for the badge but that's not so important now... in any case, my diff should be there in the histories even if it doesn't make the quality scale bump). Thanks DavidBoudreau (talk) 14:54, 5 April 2014 (UTC)
Shall I give feedback?
Hello. You have a new message at Litjade's talk page.
Trouble for 2 weeks
Hi Sara, thanks for your messages. I have some trouble the past month to make my homework in the course. Can I complete all my assigment the next week? I actually want to complete the course, but my work and the venezuelan situation don't help me. Thanks — Preceding unsigned comment added by Rsael (talk • contribs) 06:00, 4 April 2014 (UTC)
- Hi Rsael - thank you for writing. Yes, of course you can take as long as you need - but we do find that students who do not finish quickly, may not finish at all! Post any questions to the course talk page, and keep in touch as you try to finish up. Remember to apply for your badges as well! And, when leaving a message, remember to sign it yourself with the four tildes (~). Good luck! :) - Sara FB (talk) 02:37, 5 April 2014 (UTC)
Your WIKISOO Signator Badge
|WIKISOO Signator Badge|
|You have earned the WIKISOO Signator Badge through your (extensive!) participation in the online course Writing Wikipedia Articles.|
Sara, you have been an incredible co-instructor. Glad to award this badge, which barely scratches the surface of your accomplishments :) You may want to place the badge above on your user page. Also, as a badgeholder, you are now able to award the badge to others who earn it. -Pete (talk) 23:49, 4 April 2014 (UTC)
Final Article Ready
Hi Pete and Sara: My article on Open Course Library (OCL) -- written from scratch -- is just about done and rests in my sandbox -- I have more references to add -- and I'll do that over the next couple of days. Would you please take a look and tell me what to do now? If it's ready, how do I move it out into the "real" world? -- although I notice that it is already indexed by Google. I, of course, would like to get all the badges I can out of this too. Thanks very much Researcherguy (talk) 12:21, 11 April 2014 (UTC)Researcherguy (talk) 16:40, 11 April 2014 (UTC)
- Hi @Researcherguy - what a great choice of article! Awesome. Love it. Pete will have to give comments for you - I look forward to these too :) Looking great to me as a start. - Sara FB (talk) 19:59, 13 April 2014 (UTC)
Sara, thank you for your help. I replied on the course page. I probably will be unable to attend. I'll put it up. What do you mean by invoke one's name? And how does one get @ to appear before a name? I suspect this is part of it.Researcherguy (talk) 10:58, 15 April 2014 (UTC)