NB: I archive at around 42ish completed sections, regardless of dates. Please see the index for a list including dates.
NB. I will respond on your talk page, unless you request otherwise. I would also prefer if you responded on mine. I annotate conversations that would otherwise be difficult to follow. Thanks! Storkk
- Please leave any messages in a new section below, signed with "~~~~"
- 1 Understanding of WP Commons rules
- 2 Thank you
- 3 Books and Bytes: The Wikipedia Library Newsletter
- 4 The Wikipedia Library Survey
- 5 Replied on m:WM:RFH
- 6 Your edit
- 7 Images I uploaded
- 8 AC Martin Images
- 9 Files Slated for Deletion
- 10 A barnstar for you!
- 11 Image of Larry E. Haines
- 12 WP:JSTOR access
Understanding of WP Commons rules
Hello Storkk, I just understood the precise "undirect" problem of copyright here. Some of my drawings and paintings are inspired by movie scenes (e.g. for Dewaere). But the one I draw in 2010 was a complete original one and are no copyvio relevant :
- [] File:Dewaere.png
As such as the fac simile of is "signature" in 1968
- [] File:DewaereSignature1968.jpg
Please note also that the photos I took myself are originals :
To be valid and proper to conform to the WP rules, I'd like to know if I have to remake brand new drawings or paintings of the same subjects not directly inspired by any existing photo or movie scene, then, will they be OK ?
Thank's again for your kind support.
Thanks for welcoming me to Wikipedia, and thank you for your comments. Regarding the "panoramic" picture: I rather like the mosaic effect (and prefer it over the result of panoramic merging programs), but if you really think it needs to be improved then please feel free to ask me for the originals (I think I may still have them somewhere).
Anyway: Thanks for your kind message!
All the best from London, alex bainbridge (alexjtb at gmail)
Books and Bytes: The Wikipedia Library Newsletter
The Wikipedia Library Survey
As a subscriber to one of The Wikipedia Library's programs, we'd like to hear your thoughts about future donations and project activities in this brief survey. Thanks and cheers, Ocaasi t | c 15:54, 9 December 2013 (UTC)
Images I uploaded
Hello. Thank you for copying the File:Unstained Echinostoma egg.jpg image I uploaded to Wikimedia Commons! I may be uploading another image and I'll make sure to see if I can upload that one to Wikimedia Commons too. Thanks again! Isabellelouise19 (talk) 12:31, 26 March 2014 (UTC)
AC Martin Images
Hi, Storkk —
Permission to use all files taken from the AC Martin website and attributed to AC Martin has been given to me by the company's design principal, David C. Martin, himself. The company owns the images and requested that they be uploaded to the Wikimedia Commons. (Please see notes left on individual image talk pages.)
Please let me know if you have any questions or if Wiki law requires me to do something else in order to publish these images.
- Hi @Miohcal Flork:, it would be great if we could keep the images. Per the message I most recently left you on your commons talk page, I have converted them to a commons:COM:DR. This will give you time to follow the steps at commons:COM:OTRS to verify that the copyright holder has indeed licensed the images in the manner specified, and we can keep the images. Thanks! The steps needed are laid out in the section titled "If you are not the copyright holder". Please note that OTRS has a backlog - it is possible that the files will get deleted, but if the steps are correctly followed, they will be undeleted by an OTRS volunteer when the emails are reviewed. Storkk (talk) 12:26, 8 April 2014 (UTC)
Files Slated for Deletion
Hi, Storkk —
When I presented the free licensing options to David C. Martin of A.C. Martin, he decided that he was uncomfortable applying those terms to the company's photos. As I do not know how to delete them myself, are you able to remove the following files for me?
File:AC Martin - Henry Madden Library.jpg
File:AC Martin - Wilshire Grand.jpg
File:AC Martin - Madera County Courthouse.jpg
File:AC Martin - Fish Interfaith Center.jpg
Please let me know. Thanks!
- Hi Miohcal, I'm not an administrator here or on commons. Only administrators can delete files, but I expect when an administrator closes the DR, they will be deleted. This normally happens within a week for uncontroversial cases, so I expect this to happen soon. Best regards, Storkk (talk) 08:49, 15 April 2014 (UTC)
A barnstar for you!
|Move to Commons Barnstar|
|Moving files from En.Wikipedia to Commons is a tedious task. For your hard work in moving quality images to Commons and for your long term dedication to the project, I hereby award you this Move to Commons Barnstar. Thanks for your work and keep it up! Cheers, TLSuda (talk) 20:12, 7 June 2014 (UTC)|
Image of Larry E. Haines
Sorry, I no longer have that image on my computer. It was taken during a ceremony at the state house in Annapolis, Maryland. I think he was in attendance as the Governor of Maryland gave an address. I did take the picture myself. «Marylandstater» «reply» 17:04, 11 June 2014 (UTC)
Hello, WP:The Wikipedia Library has record of you being approved for access to JSTOR through the TWL partnership described at WP:JSTOR . You should have recieved a Wikipedia email User:The Interior or User:Ocaasi sent several weeks ago with instructions for access, including a link to a form collecting information relevant to that access. Please find that email, and follow those instructions. If you were not approved, did not recieve the email, or are having some other concern or question, please respond to this message at Wikipedia talk:JSTOR/Approved. Thanks much, Sadads (talk) 21:20, 5 August 2014 (UTC) Note: You are recieving this message from an semi-automatically generated list. If you think you were incorrectly contacted, make sure to note that at Wikipedia talk:JSTOR/Approved.