User talk:Sunil060902

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

Welcome!

Hello, Sunil060902, and welcome to Wikipedia! Thank you for your contributions. I hope you like the place and decide to stay. Here are some pages that you might find helpful:

I hope you enjoy editing here and being a Wikipedian! Please sign your messages on discussion pages using four tildes ~~~~; this will automatically insert your username and the date. If you need help, check out Wikipedia:Questions, ask me on my talk page, or ask your question and then place {{helpme}} before the question on your talk page. Again, welcome! --Siva1979Talk to me 14:59, 16 October 2007 (UTC)


Glad you decided to join up (o: -- if you need any help with anything just leave us a message on my talk page thing. User:Regan123 is more knowledgable than me in wikipedia things, and is another good place to go if you need help or advice C2r 22:38, 17 October 2007 (UTC)

Tube line renaming[edit]

Can you stop this please? You're doing it in such a haphazard way that you're breaking lots of links. --Mr Thant 10:43, 24 October 2007 (UTC)

Well, someone has to do it! I'm showing the way with the main article text, others will update the links. Best, Sunil060902 11:00, 24 October 2007 (UTC)
Doing it while breaking everything (the foreign language links especially) is no help to anyone. Please be more careful. --Mr Thant 11:30, 24 October 2007 (UTC)
I could do my Michael Winner Esure impression, but please provide a list of broken links (save for the Foreign ones) and I'll gladly re-instate them. Note that I haven't been through all the main LUL line articles yet. Best, Sunil060902 11:40, 24 October 2007 (UTC)

Once again, can I ask you to stop this. It's against official Wikipedia policy and will be reversed when I get the time. --Mr Thant 12:44, 25 October 2007 (UTC)

Just to let you know: there are no longer any broken links. Look at my reply to Iridescent below. So out of interest, will you be renaming c2c to "C2C"? Sunil060902 13:30, 25 October 2007 (UTC)

Renaming[edit]

There is a discussion regarding your unilateral bulk-renaming here - obviously, your input would be welcomed.

You forgot to sign off! regards, Sunil060902 09:26, 25 October 2007 (UTC)
I intentionally didn't as I'm notifying you on behalf of the project and not in my personal capacity, so don't "own" the comment - see WP:OWN#Do not sign what you do not own if you really care iridescent 17:43, 25 October 2007 (UTC)
"On the other hand, when adding comments, questions, or votes to talk pages, it is good to "own" your text, so the best practice is to sign it by suffixing your entry with [four tildas]"—no spaces, no brackets, no quotes, nothing—just the four tildes anywhere in 'wikitext' will work." Sunil060902 16:12, 26 October 2007 (UTC)

Good Evening![edit]

Why would I not be surprised that the name "Yoxley" would not be unfamiliar to you?  — MapsMan talk | cont ] — 21:08, 25 October 2007 (UTC)

Indeed I am, as you might guess from some of my contributions! I am "superbfc", as I was on here til recently  — MapsMan talk | cont ] — 22:46, 29 October 2007 (UTC)

Mixed capitals notice question[edit]

See q on WT:LT. Simply south 14:32, 30 October 2007 (UTC)

East London Line[edit]

Hello. I agree with you, but could you please change "Circle line" to read "East London line" on the page? Till next time, Maurice45 —Preceding comment was added at 14:34, 30 October 2007 (UTC)

Done it already! Best, Sunil060902 23:03, 30 October 2007 (UTC)

Depeche Mode[edit]

Hi. I noticed your edit here. Wiki style does indeed require the use of periods in the abbreviation "U.S.", and "skeptical" is the U.S. English version of "sceptical". Per WP:ENGVAR, in an article about a British band we use British spelling. Hope that makes sense. --John (talk) 18:59, 29 November 2007 (UTC)

Hi there - the 100m record sales are made up of the 75m albums+ (EMI quoted) and the 25m+ singles (Reuters/Billboard quote) - hope that's clearKalied04 (talk) 17:19, 15 April 2009 (UTC)

Depeche mode is not rock band but is syth rock band! Please realise that fact. Listen there music and you will see. listen to the album Songs Of Faith And Devotion.

Stratford DLR (again?)[edit]

It is located here.

Now that both platforms of the new DLR station are open I presume the new footbridge must be open to. Unisouth (talk) 16:04, 11 December 2007 (UTC)

I said it isn't in place. Well, I only passed through this morning, and I didn't see it! But I will check again tonight just to make sure! Sunil060902 (talk) 16:23, 11 December 2007 (UTC)
Also, just to point in your diagram, the north face of the "Central line" is actually One "Great Eastern"! Sunil060902 (talk) 16:24, 11 December 2007 (UTC)
Yes that's great, if you didn't tell me I wouldn't know it was at night. I do not want to be a pain but perhapps one of the whole footbridge? We could then put that on the Stratford station article and ultimately have the image as the portals selected image! Unisouth (talk) 08:42, 12 December 2007 (UTC)
Ah yes that is what I was looking for! Thank you. Unisouth (talk) 08:25, 14 December 2007 (UTC)

St Pancras Domestic?[edit]

Hi Sunil.

On my talk page you wrote:

St Pancras International in all probability refers to the whole station, domestic and Eurostar.

and added a gallery of pictures showing the use of that name on the Thameslink platforms.

I don't think it is as clear cut as you think. From their website [1] and the presense of those signs it looks to me like London & Continental properties (who run the station) agree with you, and apply the International suffix to the whole station. But if you then look at the NationalRail website (run by ATOC who speak for the UK's passenger operators as a whole), it seems that they think the International suffix applies only to the Eurostar portion of the station, and they apply a Domestic suffix to the rest. See [2] and [3].

Perhaps we need a naming section to explain this. -- Chris j wood (talk) 11:13, 21 December 2007 (UTC)

I've now contacted both National Rail Enquiries and London & Continental, and asked them to explain the confusion. If I get anything useful back, I'll try and work it into the article. Until then I'll leave the article as is. -- Chris j wood (talk) 11:38, 21 December 2007 (UTC)
East Midlands trains conductors seem to refer to it as London St Pancras International when doing their announcements Talltim (talk) 19:17, 27 December 2007 (UTC)

Your images...[edit]

Hi Sunil,

Would you be interested in poccilby letting me use some of your images on a GFDL MediaWiki wiki at http://train.spottingworld.com? We are trying to increase coverage of London Transport over there, and some of your images are just what we need!

Thanks,

Bluegoblin7 12:29, 13 January 2008 (UTC)

Yes, as long as I'm credited! My real name is Sunil Prasannan. best, Sunil060902 (talk) 11:56, 14 January 2008 (UTC)

UK and full stops and all that...[edit]

Yes, thank you for pointing me to the WP:MOS. Perhaps you should be telling the relevant wikiproject so their articles comply with the policy. The Rambling Man (talk) 10:49, 21 February 2008 (UTC)

Yes I can see that. Several recent WP:FLCs on such discographies have included discussion over U.S. or US. You'd be as well to take it to the project to let them know. The Rambling Man (talk) 10:54, 21 February 2008 (UTC)

Good work here.... BUT....[edit]

Information.svg Thank you for your contributions to Wikipedia. Regarding your edit(s) to Depeche Mode discography, it is recommended that you use the preview button before you save; this helps you find any errors you have made, and prevents clogging up recent changes and the page history. Thank you.

When doing major page overhauls, it may also benefit you to use the sandbox. - eo (talk) 16:58, 21 February 2008 (UTC)
Sorry! Yes, I know, though I often forget to preview! best, Sunil060902 (talk) 17:01, 21 February 2008 (UTC)

Depeche Mode discography[edit]

Hey, good work and congrats on the FL; it became an FL before I could register my support :). Thanks for showing me the light about US and U.S. It came as a surprise, "U.S." made more sense to me because I thought "US" could be mistaken as a capitalisation of the word "us". Then again, who knows with the MOS :) indopug (talk) 15:39, 23 February 2008 (UTC)

Images of stations[edit]

Yeah, keep up the good work !

--Whohe! (talk) 13:54, 25 February 2008 (UTC)

SR Designators[edit]

I have emailed the Southern Electric Group about this and been informed that the correct way of writing SR designations is <number><space><upper case letter><lower vase letter><lower case letter>, with the exception of EPB which should be all uppercase. Hammersfan 02/03/08, 21.37 GMT

Interesting! It wasn't like that 20 years ago! I got the "Motive Power Recognition 3: EMUs" (dating from c.1985) and a couple of mid- to late-80s Ian Allan "ABCs" right here! Would be unusual for acronyms to be written in smaller case? Even more so given that EPB is just another acronym? best, Sunil060902 (talk) 23:51, 2 March 2008 (UTC)
This info is from the Chairman of the SEG, who are (although they say so themselves!) "the leading organisation for devotees of the UK “Southern Electric” system and is an authoritative source of information on the “Southern Electric” dc network". So I reckon they should know what they're talking about. Hammersfan 03/03/08, 09.20 GMT
While it may crave concistency, it prizes accuracy more highly, and to have all of them in capitals would be inaccurate. Hammersfan 03/03/08, 13.07 GMT
Well, what I'll say is do what I've done and ask them directly. Hammersfan 03/03/08, 14.10 GMT

WP:LOTD[edit]

Congratulations on your recent successful WP:FL promotion. You may be interested in taking part in our experimental procedure for the selecting lists of the day and lists of the month at WP:LOTD.--TonyTheTiger (t/c/bio/WP:CHICAGO/WP:LOTD) 00:47, 13 March 2008 (UTC)

Fairlop Loop[edit]

Hi, I think it reads really well. It is filled with information people want to know. However, the opening paragraph might cause confusion as the line is still in use. It could do with some more references and perhaps and external link to an interesting site about the old railway companies and to TfLs website. All in all a very good article! Unisouth (talk) 13:33, 14 March 2008 (UTC)

Heathrow T5 station[edit]

I can honestly say I didn't see any signs prohibiting photography. I can't understand why they'd want to prohibit all photography and it isn't really feasible to do so anyway. The amount of tourists passing through the station who'll be taking photos as part of the holidays will be enormous and with most mobile phones having cameras, such a restriction is going to be impossible to uphold unless they confiscate everyone's cameras.

It is probably really only flash photography that they're concerned about, as is the case on the LU network where using a flash can obviously distract drivers. Security concerns aren't really an issue, as I've noted, there will be numerous images find their way into the public domain regardless of any rule and if anyone starts taking any closeup shots of anything sensitive then they can be prosecuted under the Terrorism Act anyway.

As I said in my edit summary, a couple of police officers saw what I was doing, as did station staff, neither said anything but I didn't starting asking permission admittedly so don't know what their official line would be even if they might turn a blind eye occasionally.

PS. Please add images to appropriate categories on Commons.

Regards. Adambro (talk) 21:42, 29 March 2008 (UTC)

WikiProject Alternative music Newsletters[edit]

SonicYouth.JPG
The Alternative music WikiProject Newsletter
Issue 12 - March 2008
"Expressions of irony through clothing are very important.'"- Carlos Dengler
Project news
New members

NewMarqueeDayMoonRising, Thundermaster, and SuperNeek joined the alternative music fold during March.

Editors

User:WesleyDodds

If you missed last the previous newsletter, you can find it at Wikipedia:WikiProject Alternative music/Newsletter/February 2008.
You are receiving this newsletter because you have signed up for WikiProject Alternative music. If you wish to stop receiving this newsletter, or would like to receive it in a different form, add your name to the appropriate section here. This newsletter was delivered by the automated Giggabot (talk) 09:53, 4 April 2008 (UTC)

London Meetup - Sunday May 11th[edit]

We're hoping to have regular meetups for wikipedia enthusiasts in London. The next one is on May 11th Wikipedia:Meetup/London 9. Sunday lunch in Holborn. Come along! -- Harry Wood (talk) 15:28, 1 May 2008 (UTC)

WikiProject Alternative music Newsletter[edit]

SonicYouth.JPG
The Alternative music WikiProject Newsletter
Issue 13 - April 2008
"God is in your scrotum!'"- Perry Farrell
Project news
New members

Arleach, Panic!out, N0tverycreative, and Gallagher2x2 joined the alternative music fold during April.

Editors

User:WesleyDodds

You are receiving this newsletter because you have signed up for WikiProject Alternative music. If you wish to stop receiving this newsletter, or would like to receive it in a different form, add your name to the appropriate section here. This newsletter was delivered by the automated Giggabot (talk) 09:25, 2 May 2008 (UTC)

Arsenal F.C.[edit]

Hello. Just to let you know, I reversed your move of the Arsenal article, partly because it's a featured article, and partly because you made it the only article about a UK soccer club to have "FC" rather than "F.C." in the title. Best wishes, RobertGtalk 13:18, 13 May 2008 (UTC)

Thanks for your note. I have no strong feelings about the F.C. thing - perhaps a mild preference for "F.C." - but I think a change of the scope you suggest should be discussed quite widely. Several of the F.C. articles are featured articles, and they were all accepted as featured with "F.C." in the title, from which it appears a consensus is already established. You quote the manual of style: later on it says, "In all of these matters, maintain consistency within an article" - and here we appear to have consistency over 1,211 articles. Is your suggestion "a solution in search of a problem"? Regards, RobertGtalk 16:00, 13 May 2008 (UTC)

<shrugs> - if you think the de facto consensus (as seems likely from looking at Category:English football clubs) should be questioned, I suggest you take it up with the relevant projects. Wikipedia:WikiProject Football might be a good place to start, perhaps? Or start with Talk:Arsenal F.C. since that's the article you moved (I left a comment there when I reversed your move). It seems to me to be likely that this subject has come up somewhere before, and perhaps someone will be able to show you a previous discussion? And yes, the article would still be featured even if it were moved: my point was that it was accepted by the community as a featured article with the F.C. in place. Good luck! Best wishes, RobertGtalk 16:23, 13 May 2008 (UTC)

OK, I essentially repeated the note above on Talk:Arsenal FC. (Look ma, no full stops LOL!) best, Sunil060902 (talk) 16:36, 13 May 2008 (UTC)

Essex Road[edit]

Hi there. Some of the T&W Metro stations are deep level tube construction. Haymarket and Central Station have twin tube tunnels, although the latter is underneath the National Rail station Newcastle Central (althogh physically separate from it). Monument has two sets of twin tube tunnels, one on the north-south line and one on the east-west line. At Gateshead and St James, the running lines are twin tube tunnels but the station platform areas are large 'box' constructions (like smaller versions of Canary Wharf tube station). At Jesmond the running lines are in twin tube tunnels immediately south of the station and in open air immediatelyy north of the station. A similar arrangemnt occurs at Manors. I believe the width of a Metrocar is 2.65m, only sightly narrower than a 313 (2.8m) - Metro trains share platforms with InterCity 125s at Sunderland station. The running tunnels will (if anything) be larger than the GNC&R tunnels, as they have room for the OHLE and an emergency side walkway. Hope that helps DrFrench (talk) 23:26, 30 May 2008 (UTC)

INA, motivations[edit]

Hi Sunil. With regards to the photo of "Sikh" prisoners being shot, first of all I cant verify the source in the IWM website. Moreover, you mentioned that the threat of ill-treatment may have been a strong motivation to join up, whereas all the references I read cite mostly three factors for the INA recruits. These are the devaluation of the Raj and the vulnerability around the surrender at singapore, the prospect of a more successful career, and lastly (this is more post 1942) the charisma of Bose. I know there are mentions of threat of ill-treatment, but quite consistently, I am yet to read about forcible recruitment or of joining under duress, although some of the officer corps joined to prevent possible ill-treatment of their troops. One of the reasons why I moved the image is there is a strong PoV that the INA were "traitors", and that image to me seemed to be put in to imply this view point, which really is quite a strong PoV position. I admit I myself may be seeing it in a skewed light. I have not undone the revision, but would appreciate your views and comments. rueben_lys (talk · contribs) 09:37, 31 May 2008 (UTC)

Hi Rueben, I have given this some thought hence my delayed response, but if there is a doubt as to the source (and I assume date) of the photo I have changed the caption in INA to (hopefully) a much less POV one. I assume the photo was taken immediately after the Japanese success in Malaya/Singapore. So the unfortunate soldiers were shot simply for being "enemy" rather than "refusing to fight the enemy". Hope that's acceptable. best, Sunil060902 (talk) 09:45, 2 June 2008 (UTC)

WikiProject Alternative music newsletter[edit]

SonicYouth.JPG
The Alternative music WikiProject Newsletter
Issue 14 - May 2008
"I go to a fucking office and I write. I'm not one of these dickheads who opens a beer, high fives his mates and opens his mouth and shit pours out, which he then writes on a beer mat. It doesn't come easy."- Nick Cave
Project news
New members

Seraphim Whipp, Guitardude3600, Lunar Jesters, Kristmace, Freedom (song), TwentiethApril1986, JD554, Thom, and Sethward joined the alternative music fold during May.

Editors

User:WesleyDodds

You are receiving this newsletter because you have signed up for WikiProject Alternative music. If you wish to stop receiving this newsletter, or would like to receive it in a different form, add your name to the appropriate section here. This newsletter was delivered by the automated Giggabot (stop!) 07:44, 1 June 2008 (UTC)

British Hit Singles and Albums[edit]

It certainly is a reliable source, but I'm still not convinced on the notability of the record. I would suggest that you try to reach a consensus with a few editors on the talk page before readding it. --JD554 (talk) 20:09, 2 June 2008 (UTC)

INA, controversies[edit]

Hi Sunil, I am glad to see your post on the INA talk page. As you mentioned, controversies arise from diametrically opposed viewpoints, and NPOV would require that you describe and evaluate both. Unfortunately, atleast one other editor felt I was creating a PoV fork, I am not sure why he/she may have thought this, but I am glad you chipped in. rueben_lys (talk · contribs) 21:38, 3 June 2008 (UTC)

Station nameboards[edit]

Hi there. I appreciate your point about capitalisation on the nameboards, but I think they are meant to represent the boards you see at the entrance to stations rather than the platform roundels. Some of the newer stations have mixed-case entrance names rather than all capitals. But you'd need to speak to the person who designed/uploaded them to find out - it wasn't me. I'm sorry to say that I think the nameboards you keep removing are better than the ones you have designed = I'm afraid yours look mothing like either the roundel or entrance sign versions. DrFrench (talk) 22:45, 17 June 2008 (UTC)

It seems that my original decision to remove the original nameboards was vindicated (see WT:LT). Also the statement "Some of the newer stations have mixed-case entrance names rather than all capitals" is inaccurate unless you are referring to non-London Underground atations, such as London Overground, DLR and National Rail (or combinations of two or more of these). best, Sunil060902 (talk) 23:49, 18 June 2008 (UTC)

License tagging for Image:Cutty Sark stn entrance.JPG[edit]

Thanks for uploading Image:Cutty Sark stn entrance.JPG. You don't seem to have indicated the license status of the image. Wikipedia uses a set of image copyright tags to indicate this information; to add a tag to the image, select the appropriate tag from this list, click on this link, then click "Edit this page" and add the tag to the image's description. If there doesn't seem to be a suitable tag, the image is probably not appropriate for use on Wikipedia.

For help in choosing the correct tag, or for any other questions, leave a message on Wikipedia:Media copyright questions. Thank you for your cooperation. --ImageTaggingBot (talk) 01:08, 24 June 2008 (UTC)

Shigemi tubes[edit]

Hi there

Out of my personal curiosity, who uses these tubes? I'm a chemist and a trained NMR operator, and I've never heard of them prior to today. Are they used at all in chemistry? Or are they for proteins and stuff? --Rifleman 82 (talk) 14:30, 25 June 2008 (UTC)

Hi, sorry, I only just took my pictures of the tubes this morning, so need to upload them later! Anyway, Shigemis are used a lot in protein work, and also nucleic acid. It depends on the desired concentration of sample. I worked at Cambridge between 2004 and 2007 in a protein lab and never once used them, since the proteins I worked on were abundantly overexpressed, and an additional factor was that too concentrated a sample caused the protein to aggregate and precipitate. So we could make do with "normal" tubes of 500 ul of ~0.6 mM sample. During my first post-doc in central London I used them for one protein that only gave ~250 ul of ~0.3 mM sample per overexpression, so we had to use Shigemi tubes (though luckily we had a cryoprobe). In my present job in north London, we also have cryoprobes, but again samples are pretty weak, and also our titrations of RNA require a low (say 50 uM) starting protein concentration (or low RNA on the limited number of occasions we titrated in concentrated protein). And a smaller volume requires less ligand (RNA or protein) during the titration. So Shigemis are highly appropriate for most of our experiments. Hope this helps, I'm sure the pics (when uploaded) will help too! My real name appears on my profile page so feel free to enter me on PubMed. best, Sunil060902 (talk) 09:57, 26 June 2008 (UTC)

List of London Underground stations[edit]

Information.svg Please do not add content without citing reliable sources, as you did to List of London Underground stations. Before making potentially controversial edits, it is recommended that you discuss them first on the article's talk page. If you are familiar with Wikipedia:Citing sources please take this opportunity to add references to the article. Contact me if you need assistance adding references. Thank you. Olana North (talk) 12:03, 27 June 2008 (UTC)

None of the items in this column are referenced, so not included any cites for consistency. You reverted the correct North and West Ilford to the incorrect Ilford North and West which I had just corrected. thanks, Sunil060902 (talk) 15:37, 27 June 2008 (UTC)

WikiProject Alternative music newsletter[edit]

SonicYouth.JPG
The Alternative music WikiProject Newsletter
Issue 15 - June 2008
"I've gotten into communication states with cats where I know I heard their voices in my head and we'd sit around and have conversations with each other. Like me and one cat there, one cat there and one cat there and I would sit there for like three hours talking to them before I realized 'I can't believe I've been talking to cats for three hours.'" - John Frusciante
Project news
New members

Fvasconcellos and Alternative_Idiot joined the alternative music fold during June.

Editors

User:WesleyDodds

You are receiving this newsletter because you have signed up for WikiProject Alternative music. If you wish to stop receiving this newsletter, or would like to receive it in a different form, add your name to the appropriate section here. This newsletter was delivered by the automated Giggabot (stop!) 07:55, 2 July 2008 (UTC)

Jim Carrey[edit]

Hello, I noticed that you have been adding {{Jim Carrey}} to his articles. WikiProject Films has repeatedly considered actor templates to be inappropriate since films can have multiple actors and these roles can range in scale. This would result in template overkill. We usually stay with director templates since they are the head honcho of the entire film, unlike the varying involvements of an actor. Actors' filmography are easily accessible on their articles, so it's considered by the community to be a better approach. I was wondering if you could remove the templates you've added. I can help if you want. If you would like to discuss this, we can do so at WT:FILM. I'll have to pull up previous discussions about actor templates. —Erik (talkcontrib) - 17:25, 2 July 2008 (UTC)

Hello, to show preexisting consensus, see Wikipedia:Templates for deletion/Log/2007 April 11#Template:Matthew McConaughey for the deletion of multiple actor templates. Please let me know if you have any questions! —Erik (talkcontrib) - 17:49, 2 July 2008 (UTC)
Thank you very much for your help! Happy editing! :) —Erik (talkcontrib) - 12:29, 3 July 2008 (UTC)

Thanks for letting me know about that one! Doesn't look like it's faced TFD before. I've put it up: Wikipedia:Templates for deletion#Template:Steve Martin. —Erik (talkcontrib) - 16:19, 7 July 2008 (UTC)

Since {{Jim Carrey}} was deleted before, I simply added {{db-repost}}. That way, the process does not have to be repeated if the content is pretty much the same. —Erik (talkcontrib) - 16:26, 7 July 2008 (UTC)

Underground pics[edit]

Hi Sunil060902, I have taken photos today of Hornchurch and Upminster Bridge so soon the list will be just 3 stations to do, also I have taken more images at Upton Park, Barking and on the Overground, Gospel Oak and West Hampstead. I intend to upload these sometime over the weekend when I have time. your pictures of Northwick Park are very similar to mine, I have put them in a Northwick Park tube category in commons which I intend to link to the wiki article when I can remember how to do it properly. best, Oxyman42 (talk) 04:25, 5 July 2008 (UTC)

Well done in completing the task of getting a picture of every tube station. Not going to crow too loudly as I know there are some that need improved pictures or just more however it is still an achievement. Your pictures look good to me, the adverse weather is more of a pain to the photographer than anything else. best Oxyman42 (talk) 20:19, 15 July 2008 (UTC)

Winston Churchill[edit]

There is some discussion of text you added going on at Talk:Winston Churchill. DJ Clayworth (talk) 18:37, 10 July 2008 (UTC)

WikiProject Alternative Music Newsletter for July 2008[edit]

SonicYouth.JPG
The Alternative music WikiProject Newsletter
Issue 16 - July 2008
"We are the best band in the world....modestly the best band in the world." - Darren Middleton
Project news
New members

Arbocalaviv, Samushi101, Carbonrodney, Red157, and dmodlin71 joined the alternative music fold during July.

Editors

User:WesleyDodds

SoxBot II (talk) 03:16, 31 July 2008 (UTC)

Invitation to Wikipedia meetup in London[edit]

Wikimedia UK logo

Date: 13:00 onwards, Sunday 10 August 2008

Venue: Penderel's Oak pub, Holborn WC1 map

More information: Wikipedia:Meetup/London 12


Hello,

I noticed that you have listed yourself as a Wikipedian in London, so I thought you might like to come to one of our monthly social meetups. The next one is going to be on Sunday 10 August, which might well be rather short notice, but if you can't come this time, we try to have one every second Sunday of the month.

If you haven't been before, these meetups are mainly casual social events for Wikipedia enthusiasts in which we chat about Wikipedia and any other topics we fancy. It's a great way to meet some very keen Wikipedians, but we'd also love for you to come along if you're interested in finding out more about Wikipedia, other Wikimedia projects, or other collaborative wiki projects too.

The location is a pub that is quite quiet and family friendly on a Sunday lunchtime, so hopefully younger Wikipedians will also feel welcome and safe. Alcohol consumption is certainly not required!

Although the meetups are popular, many UK-based editors still don't know about them. It would be great to welcome some fresh faces, so I hope you can come along.

Yours,

James F. (talk) 09:27, 3 August 2008 (UTC)

Please forgive the slightly impersonal mass-invite!

Excellent station photographs[edit]

Thanks for adding photographs of stations, keep up the good work. Edward (talk) 21:34, 6 August 2008 (UTC)

I'm looking forward to seeing the photograph on Chadwell Heath. Edward (talk) 11:01, 12 August 2008 (UTC)

I like the photographs of Chadwell Heath. I'm looking forward to Woodgrange Park and Leyton Midland Road. Edward (talk) 20:38, 15 August 2008 (UTC)
Hi Sunil, well done on your progress. I added a photograph to Gordon Hill railway station, it is from Geograph, so is of a low resolution. Edward (talk) 11:59, 20 August 2008 (UTC)
I took some photographs of Sandwich railway station and added them to the article. Edward (talk) 21:54, 23 August 2008 (UTC)
I keep checking your contributions on Commons to see new photographs, they're great. Well done. Edward (talk) 20:13, 3 September 2008 (UTC)

AfD nomination of List of designated terrorist organizations[edit]

Ambox warning pn.svg

An article that you have been involved in editing, List of designated terrorist organizations, has been listed for deletion. If you are interested in the deletion discussion, please participate by adding your comments at Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/List of designated terrorist organizations. Thank you. Do you want to opt out of receiving this notice?   «l| Ψrom3th3ăn ™|l»  (talk) 00:59, 8 August 2008 (UTC)

Oxford Wikimania 2010 and Wikimedia UK v2.0 Notice[edit]

Hi,

As a regularly contributing UK Wikipedian, we were wondering if you wanted to contribute to the Oxford bid to host the 2010 Wikimania conference. Please see here for details of how to get involved, we need all the help we can get if we are to put in a compelling bid.

We are also in the process of forming a new UK Wikimedia chapter to replace the soon to be folded old one. If you are interested in helping shape our plans, showing your support or becoming a future member or board member, please head over to the Wikimedia UK v2.0 page and let us know. We plan on holding an election in the next month to find the initial board, who will oversee the process of founding the company and accepting membership applications. They will then call an AGM to formally elect a new board who after obtaining charitable status will start the fund raising, promotion and active support for the UK Wikimedian community for which the chapter is being founded.

You may also wish to attend the next London meet-up at which both of these issues will be discussed. If you can't attend this meetup, you may want to watch Wikipedia:Meetup, for updates on future meets.

We look forward to hearing from you soon, and we send our apologies for this automated intrusion onto your talk page!

Addbot (talk) 19:50, 30 August 2008 (UTC)

St Pancras International[edit]

Thanks, but I'm not really interested in seeing any more "exhibits". My opinion, as I've already stated in the discussion, is that both names are valid, and that we should decide on which name is right to Wikipedia, rather than posting more and more photos as conflicting evidence.

I'd be happy with either title. I'm just glad they (L&CR) didn't rename it to "Grand Central", an awful Americanism, which was actually on the cards at one stage! Regards, JRawle (Talk) 18:24, 2 September 2008 (UTC)

The stations in 2007[edit]

It was announced that by National Rail and various sources that stations like Whittlesford, Finton and Woodham Ferrers would have their names changed to be more in line with their locations. Whittlesford Parkway was named so as it is actually a few miles from Whittlesford.

St Pancras is a bit more complex as the official and common names are both with or without International, i think. Simply south (talk) 20:01, 3 September 2008 (UTC)

WikiProject Alternative Music Newsletter for August 2008[edit]

SonicYouth.JPG
The Alternative music WikiProject Newsletter
Issue 17 - August 2008
"Oh, we've been called an alternative band before. But we eat meat, so I think we're disqualified: chili dogs, corn dogs, Jimmy Dean Sausage Breakfast."- Kurt Cobain
Project news
New members

Corythepaperboy, Hiram111, Yozzer66, and Lugnuts joined the alternative music fold during August.

Editors

User:WesleyDodds

SoxBot II (talk) 21:43, 4 September 2008 (UTC)

WikiProject Alternative Music Newsletter for September 2008[edit]

SonicYouth.JPG
The Alternative music WikiProject Newsletter
Issue 18 - September 2008
"And suddenly the plane dropped to the right, then to the left, and the ground was right there. And all I could think was, Fuck, I didn’t finish "Fix You." That would have been my last thought: I didn’t get that chorus right."- Chris Martin
Project news
New members

ThinkBlue joined the alternative music fold during September.

Editors

User:WesleyDodds

SoxBot II (talk) 20:02, 3 October 2008 (UTC)

Main Page redesign[edit]

The Main Page Redesign proposal is currently conducting a straw poll to select five new designs, before an RFC in which one will be proposed to replace the Main Page. The poll closes on October 31st. Your input would be hugely appreciated! Many thanks, PretzelsTalk! 10:07, 28 October 2008 (UTC)

Beckenham Junction station[edit]

In reponse to your remarks, the picture i re-added, is not my picture. Unlike the picture you added which is taken by yourself, my view is third party only. I was only pointing out that the picture added is no where near the quality of the picture removed, whether its 3 years old or 5 years old, the entrance remains the same. I was only reflecting the infobox now looks worse.--Rockybiggs (talk) 13:34, 5 December 2008 (UTC)

WikiProject Alternative Music Newsletter for November 2008[edit]

SonicYouth.JPG
The Alternative music WikiProject Newsletter
Issue 20 - November 2008
"I had access to the most quality fanny available." - Jarvis Cocker
Project news
New members

A Stop at Willoughby and Trap The Drum Wonder joined the alternative music fold during November.

Editors

User:WesleyDodds

SoxBot II (talk) 02:58, 10 December 2008 (UTC)

WikiProject Alternative Music Newsletter for December 2008[edit]

SonicYouth.JPG
The Alternative music WikiProject Newsletter
Issue 21 - December 2008
"Anthony's a sex symbol. You see the thing is for the girls they're like 'oh Anthony he's so beautiful! And his muscles and his hair and oh golly he's so sexy!' but with me its like [with men] 'DUDE YOU'RE SO AWESOME...WOW DUDE. WOW!" - Flea
Project news
New members

Papa November and S. Dean Jameson joined the alternative music fold during December.

Editors

User:WesleyDodds

SoxBot II (talk) 17:47, 2 January 2009 (UTC)

Queenstown Road Battersea[edit]

Please go back to the talk page. Simply south not SS, sorry 15:11, 8 January 2009 (UTC)

A13 road[edit]

Thanks for your correction of km/h, I did calculate it at 64 km/h also but for some reason entered it as 60. ZoeL (talk) 18:20, 16 January 2009 (UTC)

Well done[edit]

Hi Sunil,

Well done on visiting every station. Your photographs are great.

Thanks. Edward (talk) 13:23, 19 January 2009 (UTC)

What's next? What have you got planned for the next 12 months? Edward (talk) 19:13, 19 January 2009 (UTC)

Commuter rail in the United Kindgom[edit]

Hi there. As a member of Wikiproject trains with an interest in rail, I'd like to ask you to take a look at Commuter rail in the United Kingdom and see if you can contribute anything that can be backed up by a source in order to improve it on the class scale. Many thanks Welshleprechaun (talk) 13:28, 19 January 2009 (UTC)

Station photographs barnstar[edit]

Station photograph barnstar

Hi Sunil,

I award this barnstar in celebration of your achievement of photographing every station in London and uploading the photographs to Wikipedia. Edward (talk) 16:02, 15 February 2009 (UTC)

WikiProject Alternative Music Newsletter for February 2009[edit]

SonicYouth.JPG
The Alternative music WikiProject Newsletter
Issue 23 - February 2009
"I want to find the guy that invented compression and tear his liver out. I hate it. It makes everything sound like a beer commercial." - Steve Albini
Project news
New members

MikeGruz and Blackadam2 joined the alternative music fold during February.

Editors

User:WesleyDodds

SoxBot II (talk) 03:10, 1 March 2009 (UTC)

LU list FLRC[edit]

I have nominated List of London Underground stations for featured list removal here. Please join the discussion on whether this article meets featured list criteria. Articles are typically reviewed for two weeks, where editors may declare to "Keep" or "Remove" the article's featured status. The instructions for the review process are here. Simply south (talk) 20:25, 29 March 2009 (UTC)

Eastfields[edit]

I have found a few documents that refer to it as Eastfields, with Mitcham Eastfields only later being adopted. See here, here, here and here where it is still relatively recent. Okay it is now a guess but i think it probably is still shortened to that. Simply south (talk) 12:52, 30 March 2009 (UTC)

WikiProject Alternative Music Newsletter for March 2009[edit]

SonicYouth.JPG
The Alternative music WikiProject Newsletter
Issue 24 - March 2009
"I got a lot of shit for the Rolling Stone review of Reckoning because the guy really likes my guitar style and he wrote, 'on this record, Pete Buck does everything.' We'd stop for gas and it would be, 'Pete Buck does everything. Why don't you go pump the gas, Pete?'" - Peter Buck
Project news
New members

LizParker and Cavie78 joined the alternative music fold during March.

Editors

User:WesleyDodds

SoxBot II (talk) 02:12, 6 April 2009 (UTC)

WikiProject Alternative Music Newsletter for April 2009[edit]

SonicYouth.JPG
The Alternative music WikiProject Newsletter
Issue 25 - April 2009
"The other day I had these Jehovah's Witnesses come round to my house, and they tried to convince me that the Pope was the Devil's representative on Earth. So I told them that Jesus was the world's first communist. So they left. They were genuinely enraged.'" - Ian Brown
Project news
Editors

User:WesleyDodds

SoxBot (talk) 10:54, 5 May 2009 (UTC)

Nuvola apps edu languages.svg
Hello, Sunil060902. You have new messages at Salih's talk page.
You can remove this notice at any time by removing the {{Talkback}} or {{Tb}} template.

Talk:Victoria line#Move?[edit]

Hello. Please see Talk:Victoria line#Move?. Thank you. Clover345 (talk) 10:42, 27 May 2009 (UTC)

Thank you for your comments. I've just been looking at the page histories for these lines and it seems that there was never a consensus to move these pages to "line" from "Line" which they were originally. So putting aside biases, shouldn't they have not been moved in the first place? Clover345 (talk) 19:38, 27 May 2009 (UTC)
Ok. Can "The Guardian" be moved to "the guardian" for consistency or is there a different argument for that? Clover345 (talk) 13:49, 28 May 2009 (UTC)
Thank you. Clover345 (talk) 17:14, 6 June 2009 (UTC)

WikiProject Alternative Music Newsletter for May 2009[edit]

SonicYouth.JPG
The Alternative music WikiProject Newsletter
Issue 26 - May 2009
"Well, I remember hearing girls behind me in English class talking about turning 18 and being old enough to strip. It wasn't that weird at the time.'" - Brandon Flowers
Project news
Editors

User:WesleyDodds

SoxBot (talk) 10:54, 4 June 2009 (UTC)

Your DLR Images[edit]

Hello Sunil,

I'm just writing to let you know that I am using the following DLR images in the next Issue of Tramways Monthly E-Magazine, that I am editor of, as we are running a DLR feature. I hope that this is ok, and I don't see there being any problem as they are CC/GFDL. I am going to credit them under your username, linking to your userpage, unless you wish for me to put something differently.

Kind regards,

BG7even 13:30, 30 June 2009 (UTC)

Images: File:Beckton stn London bound.JPG File:DLR unit 109 at Heron Quays.JPG

(Cross-posted to EN and Commons Talk Pages)

Hey Sunil,
No worries will credit your photos like that!
Wow! That's some achievement! I've visited the whole system but unfortunately don't have the photos - and now living in Derbyshire rather than London it's not likely to happen anytime soon!
You missed our main Tramlink feature which was in Issue 4, though there will likely be some more Tramlink soon and I will probably come and ask for some photos then if that is ok!
Thanks again,
BG7even 14:02, 30 June 2009 (UTC)

Well done[edit]

Hi Sunil060902, thanks for the update about the station and tram stop photographs, I'm always interest to here about your progress. Keep up the good work. Edward (talk) 21:29, 30 June 2009 (UTC)

WikiProject Alternative Music Newsletter for June 2009[edit]

SonicYouth.JPG
The Alternative music WikiProject Newsletter
Issue 27 - June 2009
"The only confusion was, I think we all thought they were women. Kim was obviously a woman, but they all had this shaved-headed, pretty, soft look. And there were lots of lesbian bands at the time, and we always got booked with them, so we just thought the Pixies were another, like maybe they were like angry divorcees or somthing that formed a band.'" - Kristin Hersh
Project news
Editors

User:WesleyDodds

SoxBot (talk) 22:49, 4 July 2009 (UTC)

File:Unit 456017 at Wandsworth Road.JPG[edit]

Hi, I used this picture on the class 456 page I hope this is OK with you I just wanted to let you know. Likelife (talk) 14:14, 22 July 2009 (UTC)

Pictures[edit]

I would like to request the following pictures.

Tyw7  (Talk • Contributions) 21:57, 1 August 2009 (UTC)

The London Overground train picture you provided are copyrighted! --Tyw7  (Talk • Contributions) 12:26, 3 August 2009 (UTC)

Docklands Light Railway rolling stock[edit]

Do you want to work with me on improving this article: Docklands Light Railway rolling stock. --Tyw7  (Talk • Contributions) 12:20, 3 August 2009 (UTC)

General the smoothness of the structure. Other information that I deemed necessary are pasted on the talk page. The references are there as well. Generally, this article need reference to "verify" earch fact. The structure of the article is also "lump".

Goals to achieve:

  • Get this article to Good Article if possible
  • Verify the facts of the article
  • Clean up the article
  • Improve the sentence structures to make them smooth.

Tyw7  (Talk • Contributions) 13:26, 3 August 2009 (UTC)

British Rail Class 390[edit]

Just so you know these trains also stop at London Euston, which is in central London, so definately in the M25 area! Can you reply on my talk page if you are interested on improving the Docklands Light Railway rolling stock article. Any pictures that you may have of that train, please put them in the "gallery" section. --Tyw7  (Talk • Contributions) 13:44, 4 August 2009 (UTC)

WikiProject Alternative Music Newsletter for July 2009[edit]

SonicYouth.JPG
The Alternative music WikiProject Newsletter
Issue 28 - July 2009
"I rip off more fuckin' people than anyone in the world. I rip off my own rip-offs." - Jared Followill
Project news
New members

Guitarherochristopher and Andrzejbanas joined the alternative music fold during July.

Editors

User:WesleyDodds

SoxBot (talk) 08:08, 6 August 2009 (UTC)

New DLR rolling stock pictures[edit]

Do you have some shots of the new DLR rolling stock interior? If you do please upload it. My shots were taken during peak hours so the train was busy and thus does not make good article pictures. Tyw7  (Talk • Contributions) 10:21, 2 September 2009 (UTC)

New overground trains[edit]

First of all I would like to thank you for the pics. Secondly, I would like to ask you about your of the new trains. I have never been on one. Are they faster than the old trains? Tyw7  (Talk • Contributions) 10:27, 2 September 2009 (UTC)

British Rail Class 378[edit]

I have seen this train too!

BRC378night.JPG

--Tyw7  (Talk • Contributions) 22:35, 4 September 2009 (UTC)

Re:[edit]

hmmm... it must have been at night. The train is not usually that empty. --Tyw7  (Talk • Contributions) 23:38, 4 September 2009 (UTC)

WikiProject Alternative Music Newsletter for August 2009[edit]

SonicYouth.JPG
The Alternative music WikiProject Newsletter
Issue 29 - August 2009
"We've been having lots of sex, and we're pregnant with the new baby already. It's vicious! It will have claws, like Freddy Kruger's lovechild.'" - Tom Meighan
Project news
New members

Dylan620, SteelersFan UK06, Guitarherochristopher and Thatguykalem joined the alternative music fold during August.

Editors

User:WesleyDodds

SoxBot (talk) 15:28, 7 September 2009 (UTC)

Image Selection[edit]

Image barnstar.jpg Selected Picture of the Month
Your picture File:Unit 378007 interior.JPG has been selected by User:Tyw7 to be his picture of the month. It will be displayed on User:Tyw7's userpage for the month of September. Tyw7  (Talk • Contributions) 11:17, 8 September 2009 (UTC)

NowCommons: File:2008 0622 027.JPG[edit]

File:2008 0622 027.JPG is now available on Wikimedia Commons as Commons:File:Cutty Sark stn southbound look south.JPG. This is a repository of free media that can be used on all Wikimedia wikis. The image will be deleted from Wikipedia, but this doesn't mean it can't be used anymore. You can embed an image uploaded to Commons like you would an image uploaded to Wikipedia, in this case: [[File:Cutty Sark stn southbound look south.JPG]]. Note that this is an automated message to inform you about the move. This bot did not copy the image itself. --Erwin85Bot (talk) 23:28, 1 October 2009 (UTC)

Farringdon[edit]

Please see Talk:Urban rail in the United Kingdom#FCC Farringdon. Simply south (talk) 20:01, 8 October 2009 (UTC)

Image Selection[edit]

Image barnstar.jpg Selected Picture of the Month
Your picture File:Unit 378007 at Richmond3.JPG has been selected by User:Tyw7 to be his picture of the month. It will be displayed on User:Tyw7's userpage for the month of October. --Tyw7  (Talk • Contributions) 13:43, 12 October 2009 (UTC)


DLR pics[edit]

Can you please pop over to the London Docklands and take a good pic of the new b07/09 DLR rolling stock interior. --Tyw7  (Talk • Contributions) 13:43, 12 October 2009 (UTC)

Too bad I'm not in London anymore :-(. I'm in Stafford. --Tyw7  (Talk • Contributions) 12:26, 13 October 2009 (UTC)

Thank you for solving a thorny problem for me[edit]

This edit is brilliant. You managed to change the meaning of the content without wander into the WP:OR territory. Thank you for your skills with words. Jim101 (talk) 19:00, 1 December 2009 (UTC)

You're very welcome! best, Sunil060902 (talk) 19:31, 2 December 2009 (UTC)

Succession boxes for Underground lines[edit]

I see that you have been editing LU line articles, specifically the boxes headed "London Underground's Newest Line". You might like to know of the discussion at Wikipedia talk:WikiProject London Transport#Succession boxes for Underground lines. --Redrose64 (talk) 20:25, 1 December 2009 (UTC)

Yes thanks for that, I have responded, hope it addressed your concerns. best, Sunil060902 (talk) 19:32, 2 December 2009 (UTC)

The Metropolitan Gallery and issue 20[edit]

I was wondering whether you would be interested in doing the December issue of the Metropolitan, which has to be created ASAP, or if you would want to just update the gallery once issue 20 has been created? Simply south (talk) 23:03, 3 December 2009 (UTC)

I have a few ideas for the gallery, such as new images of South Quay, Limehouse DLR, KXSP, and Stratford International. best, Sunil060902 (talk) 14:17, 4 December 2009 (UTC)
Alright. Are you going to create the issue or should I? Simply south (talk) 18:40, 4 December 2009 (UTC)
Um, I'm not even on the subscriber list! best, Sunil060902 (talk) 19:22, 6 December 2009 (UTC)
That doesn't really matter as much. DavidCane has done one in the past and he is only a reader. Actually because it is pending i will do it tonight and tell you when the gallery needs updating. If you decide you want to do one please let me know. For the past year various editions have been by guest editors, some of which have made improvements overall, for example the gallery and in the assessment area. Simply south (talk) 19:58, 6 December 2009 (UTC)
Wikipedia:WikiProject London Transport/The Metropolitan/Issue 20. It is now awaiting the addition of the images. I am going to do another check tomorrow. Simply south (talk) 22:49, 6 December 2009 (UTC)
I added some images - The Stratford International platform shot was retaken today without too much shadow. so I aim to upload and replace that one tonight. best, Sunil060902 (talk) 12:24, 7 December 2009 (UTC)
Thank you. I have credited you. I am going to send this out now. Simply south (talk) 17:16, 7 December 2009 (UTC)
Great! Can I just add myself to the list of subscribers? best, Sunil060902 (talk) 17:25, 7 December 2009 (UTC)

I've also just done it for you. Simply south (talk) 21:09, 7 December 2009 (UTC)

Thanks for that! I took a liberty of adding the new Stratford International platform pic. best, Sunil060902 (talk) 00:26, 8 December 2009 (UTC)

London Portal News section[edit]

Hi, I noticed you added a new item and removed one from the news list. Don't forget; the ones that are removed need to be added to the bottom of the archive list.--DavidCane (talk) 23:36, 3 December 2009 (UTC)

Ah, sorry about that! best, Sunil060902 (talk) 14:12, 4 December 2009 (UTC)

New Year Metro[edit]

Simply south (talk) 01:21, 7 January 2010 (UTC)

St Philip's[edit]

  • Oh those dreadful bare trees! (I am flabbergasted!)
  • Thank you for the cropping, much improved, but still terribly gloomy. Any chance of lightening the pic to bring out the details?

Amandajm (talk) 00:33, 9 January 2010 (UTC)

I'll see what I can do, best, Sunil060902 (talk) 17:51, 12 January 2010 (UTC)
Glad to see the back of the awful previous picture. I've uploaded a new version of yours with the verticals made parallel and a bit of the pincushion taken away. What do you think? JimmyGuano (talk) 21:51, 23 January 2010 (UTC)
Um, not bad at all! - sorry for the belated reply, just got back from holiday! Thanks for taking care of that. best, Sunil060902 (talk) 17:44, 8 February 2010 (UTC)

BR Class 152[edit]

Hello, I closed the deletion discussion WP:Articles for deletion/BR Class 152 because you had blanked the redirect minutes before listing the page at AfD. I have created a new RfD discussion at Wikipedia:Redirects_for_discussion/Log/2010_January_18#BR_Class_152 and have copied your intial deletion rationale. I have also asked the individuals who opined in the original deletion discussion to take a look at it again in light of the relisting. Cheers, —KuyaBriBriTalk 18:53, 18 January 2010 (UTC)

St Pancras railway station[edit]

I have just reviewed the St Pancras station article for which you are one of the top five editors. This article is currently rated as a B class article, but would, with a little work to add a few citations where I have marked, almost certainly pass a Good Article Review if nominated. I have started a discussion at Talk:St_Pancras_railway_station#Good Article - almost. --DavidCane (talk) 01:49, 23 January 2010 (UTC)

Metro[edit]

Another issue to be addressed is, please could people indicate in the next month at the feedback page or on my talk page whether they still want to recieve issues of the metro. A lot of newsletters seem to be going to redundant pages. Simply south (talk) 20:12, 9 February 2010 (UTC)

Depeche Mode[edit]

I'm also looking for referrals dvd tour of the universe, the information must be a forum for that information about the release date is not definite yet, the last thing EMI said on the DVD release was that its launch may be in September .

An ever later Metro[edit]

Simply south (talk) 23:47, 13 March 2010 (UTC)

April Metro[edit]

. Simply south (talk) 21:31, 7 April 2010 (UTC)

AfD nomination of Alex Hilton[edit]

Ambox warning pn.svg

An editor has nominated one or more articles which you have created or worked on, for deletion. The nominated article is Alex Hilton. We appreciate your contributions, but the nominator doesn't believe that the article satisfies Wikipedia's criteria for inclusion and has explained why in his/her nomination (see also Wikipedia:Notability and "What Wikipedia is not").

Your opinions on whether the article meets inclusion criteria and what should be done with the article are welcome; please participate in the discussion(s) by adding your comments to Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Alex Hilton. Please be sure to sign your comments with four tildes (~~~~).

You may also edit the article during the discussion to improve it but should not remove the articles for deletion template from the top of the article; such removal will not end the deletion debate.

Please note: This is an automatic notification by a bot. I have nothing to do with this article or the deletion nomination, and can't do anything about it. --Erwin85Bot (talk) 01:07, 10 April 2010 (UTC)

Platform counts[edit]

Hi Sunil; re this edit - the documentation for {{Infobox London station}} states:

The number of operational platforms.
Do include platforms only occasionally used. Do not include abandoned platforms.

so I suspect the correct value to use is |platforms=4, without any further qualification. --Redrose64 (talk) 14:31, 2 June 2010 (UTC)

Hmmm...OK in that case I changed it to 4, no caveats. best, Sunil060902 (talk) 18:26, 2 June 2010 (UTC)

May + June Metro[edit]

Simply south (talk) 21:16, 2 June 2010 (UTC)

Brentford Branch Line station names[edit]

I see you have just changed the names of the two stations on the line. Was I wrong in thinking when I started the article that their final names were "Trumpers Crossing Halt" sans "e" and "Brentford Town"? Unusually the template has a reference, which I think was what I consulted at the British Library.--SilasW (talk) 17:40, 24 June 2010 (UTC)

@Sunil: I was going to remark on that too. Butt 1995 has "Trumpers Crossing Halt for South Hanwell and Osterley Park", no "e"
@Silas: Brentford Town was the nearby goods station.
@both: two books to check for more info:
  • Mitchell, Victor E.; Smith, Keith (August 2000). Branch Lines of West London. Midhurst: Middleton Press. Figures 32-47. ISBN 1 901706 50 8. 
  • Peacock, Thomas B. (1970) [1968]. Great Western London Suburban Services. Locomotion Papers (2nd ed.). Oakwood Press. pp. 19–20. LP48. 
Admittedly all the photos of Trumpers Crossing that I've ever seen (in at least six different books) show "Halte". There are two well-known ones, which are very similar; only the locomotive differs. --Redrose64 (talk) 18:43, 24 June 2010 (UTC)

OK, admittedly I was "being bold"! But I used two different books to confirm Brentford Town was the good yard, and that Trumper's was definitely "Halte" upon closure:

  • London Railway Atlas by Joe Brown, Ian Allan, 2006 and 2009 editions
  • London's Local Railways by Alan A Jackson, Capital Transport, 1999

best, Sunil060902 (talk) 11:11, 25 June 2010 (UTC)

July Metro[edit]

Simply south (talk) 19:20, 6 July 2010 (UTC)

August's Metro[edit]

Selected picture for the Portal[edit]

Thanks for fixing that. I was editing in a hurry last night as I'd forgotten to set the new items up in advance and I overlooked the Ally Pally station picture.--DavidCane (talk) 23:31, 1 October 2010 (UTC)

That's OK no worries! best, Sunil060902 (talk) 23:34, 1 October 2010 (UTC)

October Metro[edit]

Simply south (talk) 19:02, 7 October 2010 (UTC)

December Metro[edit]

. Simply south (talk) 08:26, 1 December 2010 (UTC)

Talkback[edit]

Nuvola apps edu languages.svg
Hello, Sunil060902. You have new messages at Talk:Hackney Central railway station.
You can remove this notice at any time by removing the {{Talkback}} or {{Tb}} template.

- this is regarding a photo you uploaded. --Redrose64 (talk) 22:05, 1 December 2010 (UTC)

London Wikimedia Fundraiser[edit]

Good evening! This is a friendly message from Chase me ladies, I'm the Cavalry, inviting you to the London Wikimedia Fundraising party on 19th December 2010, in approximately one week. This party is being held at an artistic London venue with room for approximately 300 people, and is being funded by Ed Saperia, a non-Wikipedian who has a reputation for holding exclusive events all over London. This year, he wants to help Wikipedia, and is subsidising a charity event for us. We're keen to get as many Wikimedians coming as possible, and we already have approximately 200 guests, including members of the press, and some mystery guests! More details can be found at http://ten.wikipedia.org/wiki/London - expect an Eigenharp, a mulled wine hot tub, a free hog roast, a haybale amphitheatre and more. If you're interested in coming - and we'd love to have you - please go to the ten.wikipedia page and follow the link to the Facebook event. Signing up on Facebook will add you to the party guestlist. Entry fee is a heavily subsidised £5 and entry is restricted to over 18s. It promises to be a 10th birthday party to remember! If you have any questions, please email me at chasemewiki at gmail.com.

Hope we'll see you there, (and apologies for the talk page spam) - Chase me ladies, I'm the Cavalry (talk) 00:00, 13 December 2010 (UTC)

Creative Commons License query about one of your images[edit]

Hi Sunil060902, I've left a question on the helpdesk that references a photo you uploaded and image/re-use rights surroundng the image - Don't worry its nothing ominous, I'm just querying how to attribute it if I was to re-use it. I felt that I should let you know as a matter of course, but would be greatful for any response you may care to make. Cheers Darigan (talk) 18:14, 3 January 2011 (UTC)

January Metro[edit]

Simply south (talk) and their tree 23:49, 5 January 2011 (UTC)

Boulder[edit]

Sunil, what you doing in Boulder, CO? You won't find many London Underground trains there; also, judging by what I've seen on South Park, it's cold all the time. Brrr! --Redrose64 (talk) 21:18, 12 January 2011 (UTC)

I got a job here in the University of Colorado. Moved at the end of December. It is subzero now, but I gather it can be 30-plus in summer! Yes I am a bit miffed I'll miss the opening of DLR to Stratford International, but Denver has a light-rail network at least, just an hour away by bus. And Boulder itself has a decent local bus network. best, Sunil060902 (talk) 04:25, 13 January 2011 (UTC)
Hey Sunil, if you're ever in San Francisco let me know, we could meet up.Edward (talk) 23:19, 13 January 2011 (UTC)
Hi Edward, yes I will let you know if I ever get that way. It's one of the cities in the US that I always wanted to visit! best, Sunil060902 (talk) 00:23, 14 January 2011 (UTC)

Hi there Sunil, I see that you're back - just as it's starting to warm up again here (and I'm not referring to last night's Trafalgar Square Riots). Don't forget to fill in your census form - they're supposed to be returned tomorrow. --Redrose64 (talk) 14:09, 27 March 2011 (UTC)

Ah, it seems I missed the deadline, I don't actually fly back until Thursday... best, Sunil060902 (talk) 05:36, 29 March 2011 (UTC)

Bexleyheath railway station[edit]

Hi Sunil, thanks for getting back to be, and I hope you're enjoying Colorado. I'm very happy to edit the attribution, although I won't be able to do it until this evening (in about 7/8 hours). Are you happy for the attribution link to go to your WP userpage (as I believe it currently does), or would you rather I pointed it somewhere else?

I appreciate the release of the image under the attribution license (still getting my head around some aspects of the licensing requirements), I'm very time-poor and don't have the opportunity to take many images myself.

Thanks again Sunil, Darigan (talk) 10:52, 13 January 2011 (UTC)

Hi Sunil, the website is at http://www.yourthamesgateway.com, the article with your image on it is under the 'Bexley' tab.
Also, I must apologise, I totally forgot to change the attribution on the image last night as per your request - It is the first thing on my 'to do' list when I get back this evening, and I am emailing myself now.... ...emailed!
One more note, if I use any more of your images in the future (providing you are happy with how I have used the Bexley Heath Station one already), would you like me to notify you, and/or give you a link to the page the image is used on? Cheers, Darigan (talk) 10:28, 14 January 2011 (UTC)
Hi again Sunil, I've just updated attribution details, and the direct link to the article is here - If you have a moment, I would really appreciate you double-checking the attribution to ensure that everything is present and correct, and that you are happy with it. And again, thanks for your responses (and the pic), Darigan (talk) 19:17, 14 January 2011 (UTC)

WikiProject Colorado[edit]

The year 2011 has brought many changes to the State of Colorado. We have a new Governor and other state officers, two new U.S. Representatives, many new state legislators, and a new Mayor of Denver. WikiProject Colorado is updating many Colorado articles. Many Colorado places, people, and organizations need new articles. Portal:Colorado needs new featured articles.

Can you help us? Please see our list of some requested articles. If you wish, you may join WikiProject Colorado at Wikipedia:WikiProject Colorado/Members. If you have any questions, please leave me a message at User talk:Buaidh or e-mail me at Special:EmailUser/Buaidh. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Don't forget the Wikipedia 10th Anniversary event in Boulder tomorrow. Yours aye,  Buaidh  22:53, 14 January 2011 (UTC)

Lea[edit]

Please see Talk:River Lee (England). Simply south...... 16:18, 26 January 2011 (UTC)

March Metro[edit]

Better late than never. Simply south...... 22:17, 3 March 2011 (UTC)

St Pancras International - naming controversy[edit]

Hello, Since you took part in this before, you might like to know that there is a revived proposal under discussion at Talk:St Pancras railway station#Requested move. -- Alarics (talk) 20:07, 11 April 2011 (UTC)

May Metro[edit]

Simply south...... trying to improve for 5 years 22:25, 4 May 2011 (UTC)

Depeche Mode discography#Singles[edit]

Hi you have now twice removed the chart position for Depeche Mode's "Personal Jesus 2011", insisting that the source for the chart position is "unofficial source" and therefore removing it. The UK charts are only listed to Top 75 or 100 on http://www.theofficialcharts.com/, but both the singles and albums chart list every week the Top 200 positions. The complete Top 200 Chart can only be obtained via http://www.ukchartsplus.co.uk/ through purchasing the weekly issues (subscription: £105 p.a.). Because of that Chart Log UK (http://zobbel.de/cluk/CLUK_00.HTM) is the only way to obtain this information free of charge, therefore these pages are considered "official source" for Top 101-200 chart positions and have been accepted as a reliable source on all other wikipedia discographies. As the chart positions can't be checked from chartsplus-site without subscribing it, the Chart Log UK-page is the only reference that can be used here.

Kai81 (talk) 20:06, 14 June 2011 (UTC)

I answered your question about "Personal Jesus 2011" UK chart pos. for the physical release over at my own Talk Page, but here it is anyways: "Personal Jesus 2011" charted at #119 if i remember correctly (have to re-check it), unfortunately it didn't make it to Top 75. It did however make the Top 40 in Germany, peaking at #36 Kai81 (talk) 21:08, 14 June 2011 (UTC)

Hi Kai81, is that 119 or 190? Should we update the UK entry in the Singles discography? best, Sunil060902 (talk) 22:46, 14 June 2011 (UTC)

July Metro[edit]

Simply south...... digging mountains for 5 years 21:56, 5 July 2011 (UTC)

Talkback[edit]

Nuvola apps edu languages.svg
Hello, Sunil060902. You have new messages at Abhishek191288's talk page.
Message added 18:27, 7 July 2011 (UTC). You can remove this notice at any time by removing the {{Talkback}} or {{Tb}} template.

—  Abhishek  Talk 18:27, 7 July 2011 (UTC)

August Metro[edit]

Simply south...... unintentionally mispelling fr 5 years So much for ER 17:53, 4 August 2011 (UTC)

Signpost Interview[edit]

Brought to you by Simply south...... eating shoes for 5 years So much for ER 19:38, 15 August 2011 (UTC)

September Metro[edit]

Simply south...... eating shoes for 5 years So much for ER 07:51, 7 September 2011 (UTC)

Harrow & Wealdstone station[edit]

Hi Sunil; are you anywhere near Harrow & Wealdstone station? Please see posting at Talk:British Rail#Photo-op. --Redrose64 (talk) 16:04, 7 October 2011 (UTC)

As luck would have it I am in the process of "doing" the Oystercard network at the moment (I thought I'd might as well after I got back from the US), with just the Piccadilly (Heathrow branch), Northern (Barnet/Mill Hill branch) and Bakerloo to Harrow & Wealdstone left to do on the Tube network (along with Feltham and Hampton on NR). So I should be checking H & W within the next week weather permitting. As the nights are drawing in, I've decided not to visit every station like I did in the 2008-2009 season, but just the termini/Oyster extremities of each line! Sunil060902 (talk) 22:14, 8 October 2011 (UTC)

I am only in H&W occasionally:

Station... cross road along high street, staying on the left hand side... hoarding/'woodwork' a number of shops down with a notice about the carpark. If you're into such things, there is also a painted wall-advert a little further along.

Would you be interested in contributing to the London Wiki? (I have been trying to get the 'wanted pages' down - but there seem to be rather a lot of stations there even after I have been turning them into stubs.) Jackiespeel (talk) 15:44, 11 October 2011 (UTC)

That was the sign.

Another thing to pursue 'ghost Station Roads and Tramway Roads etc' of which there are several (Cowley, Camberwell, Stratford etc). 86.174.173.16 (talk) 12:16, 17 October 2011 (UTC)

Class 67[edit]

Please don't remove disputed tags, as you did to British Rail Class 67 -the problems with the page title are clear (fails WP:VERIFY, common name etc) and have not been resolved.Imgaril (talk) 21:06, 22 October 2011 (UTC)


Class 67 is not the only article tagged, Class 70, and Class 66 are too, maybe others. I'm not here to fix other peoples problems, or deal with other peoples inability to cope with the the fact that British Rail ceased to exist 10 years ago, or that they don't understand basic title naming conventions, or what is or is not encyclopaedic (ie made up names). If you want work doing to other articles, do it yourself. Imgaril (talk) 14:51, 24 October 2011 (UTC)

November Metro[edit]