- 1 Help in creating new wiki page
- 2 Thanks for helping to maintain the Teahouse!
- 3 ?!? lost all my info
- 4 Confused! Portal:Current events/Sports/Sidebar
- 5 Page Deletion
- 6 Your removal of SmileBlueJay97 from the Wikipedia:WikiProject Articles for creation/Participants list
- 7 Self-sufficient
- 8 Vandal you reverted is back
- 9 Revdels at Moscrop Secondary School
- 10 Thunderbirds (are go!)
- 11 WHY ARE PEOPLE EVEN ALOWED TO VIEW MY SANDBOX
- 12 Afc reviewer
- 13 I'd like to restore Nagara Hole
- 14 Your GA nomination of Thunderbirds (TV series)
- 15 Your GA nomination of Thunderbirds (TV series)
- 16 Your GA nomination of Thunderbirds (TV series)
- 17 Disambiguation link notification for December 31
- 18 salt
- 19 Block an editor?
- 20 User:SuperMarioMan
- 21 User:Marguerite Martin
- 22 May need a block
- 23 Undelete request
- 24 Request for reverting edit
- 25 Jonah Ronberg
Help in creating new wiki page
Thanks for helping to maintain the Teahouse!
|Teahouse Host Badge|
|Awarded to hosts at the Wikipedia Teahouse.
Experienced editors with this badge have committed to welcoming guests, helping new editors, and upholding the standards of the Teahouse by giving friendly and patient guidance—at least for a time.
Hosts illuminate the path for new Wikipedians, like Tōrō in a Teahouse garden.
I used to be more diligent about keeping track of new hosts, but I appreciate you keeping an eye on things at the Teahouse and being straightforward but delicate about the expectations we have for hosting. Thanks very much!
?!? lost all my info
My user page was delete or something saying I trying to use wiki as a web host ?! When in fact is is just a bio page with info there should not be anything else — Preceding unsigned comment added by DaVillain666999 (talk • contribs) 08:43, 2 July 2014 (UTC)
- @DaVillain666999: Wikipedia user pages are intended to facilitate interactions between users. They aid the editing of articles; they are not platforms for promoting individuals, organisations or anything else. Wikipedia is not free webhosting.
Confused! Portal:Current events/Sports/Sidebar
Hi SuperMarioMan, I'm really confused why anyone let alone an admin would revert such blatant vandalism back to the version with the advert for an Escort service?
- Never mind, I see you noticed and have deleted the content. Cheers KylieTastic (talk) 14:56, 30 July 2014 (UTC)
On June 11th you deleted the page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manchester_Titans for copyright infringement citing our website. Can you please reverse this process, as we ownt he website and the content, and were responsible for the upload to wiki there is no infringement
- (talk page stalker)@ManchesterTitans: Well, it is an infringement unless you release the content under a compliant license (such as CC BY-SA 3.0 License). Remember that Wikipedia articles may be altered and/or redistributed by anyone, including bundled up and sold as books. Read our page on donating copyrighted material for more information. Something important to remember is that if a page on your organization is created and remains on Wikipedia, you do not control it. Wikipedia operates on a consensus model and ultimately the page may not reflect exactly what you want. Ravensfire (talk) 21:45, 5 August 2014 (UTC)
Your removal of SmileBlueJay97 from the Wikipedia:WikiProject Articles for creation/Participants list
With all due respect, I think that if you check here, you'll find that this editor does meet the requirements for this list. Unless, you have access to something that I don't that shows this edtitor has less than 500 mainspace edits? ArcAngel (talk) ) 19:46, 12 August 2014 (UTC)
- SmileBlueJay97 is on the list. The user that I removed is WeigelaPen, who is short of the threshold, and on whose behalf SmileBlueJay97 seems to have made the edit. SuperMarioMan ( talk ) 19:56, 12 August 2014 (UTC)
- Gotcha. My apologies, I seem to have misread your edit summary on that. ArcAngel (talk) ) 19:59, 12 August 2014 (UTC)
- I also apologize for my edit. When I reverted WeigelaPen's edit, I removed his name as well. I re-added his name because I thought the requirement "a minimum of 500 undeleted edits to articles" meant 500 live edits. Now that I know it meant mainspace edits this will not happen again. 20:18, 12 August 2014 (UTC)
It must feel pretty good to be able to do this on your own now! When I saw them pop up on my watchlist I went to block and *poof*, already done :) --Jezebel'sPonyobons mots 17:47, 20 August 2014 (UTC)
Vandal you reverted is back
Revdels at Moscrop Secondary School
Thunderbirds (are go!)
Hi there, SMM.
Re the revert  of my edit at List of Thunderbirds episodes, excuse my OR. What have I missed here, was it Australia AND the Sahara, with the pics actually taken in Sahara? (COI admission, I am Ozzie, so tickled pink to have Oz mentioned on Thunderbirds (but ... Melbourne? ) FAB! ;-) --220 of Borg 01:44, 12 September 2014 (UTC)
- Hi. The episode features two nuclear facilities. The Australian facility is destroyed in the first act; the rest of the episode is set a year later, when the newly-opened Sahara Desert facility is sabotaged but ultimately saved by International Rescue. I'm quite sure that both locations are explicitly stated in the puppet dialogue (and you're right, the city depicted in the first act is Melbourne). I can see why this could be confusing, though. For one thing, apart from the desert setting, there isn't much to indicate that the second facility is located in the Sahara. And for another, the controllers of the two facilities seem to be the same person (an Australian character voiced by Ray Barrett). SuperMarioMan ( talk ) 02:29, 12 September 2014 (UTC)
- I admit I wasn't paying that much attention. Thunderbirds usually screens on TV at about 6:00 AM here, so i was undoubtedly at the end of a long night of editing or NPP rather than sleeping! Yes, Barret voices the 'Bald Baddie' too IIRC. n.b Barret's been dead just over 5 years--220 of Borg 03:42, 12 September 2014 (UTC)
WHY ARE PEOPLE EVEN ALOWED TO VIEW MY SANDBOX
- No mate. Policy is quite clear user pages are not owned by the user. — RHaworth (talk · contribs) 22:12, 22 October 2014 (UTC)
Looks like you weren't happy with me adding my username to the Afc reviewer list. I can see what you are trying to say and I completely understand you. However, I have a little more than 600 edits total and a little more than 500 live edits. Looks like this is different from what you are seeing. I think this is caused by a very high lag in the counter, since I made many edits very recently. I think this was a little misunderstanding, but I will not add myself to the list until the problem is fixed. Since you are more experienced than me, I will do what is recommended by you.
- @William2001: That's fine, William. No need to worry. Please note, however, that the requirement is 500 live edits specifically to articles – I hope that my comment on your talk page has cleared up this confusion. Keep editing at your current rate and you'll have reached 500 article edits within a few days. Feel free to re-add your username when that happens. Thanks, and sincerely, SuperMarioMan ( talk ) 07:20, 13 November 2014 (UTC)
I'd like to restore Nagara Hole
This film article was tagged and speedied as lacking content, yet its info box was content that could have led to expansion and sourcing. Just letting you know. Schmidt, Michael Q. 22:51, 21 November 2014 (UTC)
Your GA nomination of Thunderbirds (TV series)
Hi there, I'm pleased to inform you that I've begun reviewing the article Thunderbirds (TV series) you nominated for GA-status according to the criteria. This process may take up to 7 days. Feel free to contact me with any questions or comments you might have during this period. Message delivered by Legobot, on behalf of Ritchie333 -- Ritchie333 (talk) 19:00, 25 November 2014 (UTC)
Your GA nomination of Thunderbirds (TV series)
The article Thunderbirds (TV series) you nominated as a good article has been placed on hold . The article is close to meeting the good article criteria, but there are some minor changes or clarifications needing to be addressed. If these are fixed within 7 days, the article will pass; otherwise it may fail. See Talk:Thunderbirds (TV series) for things which need to be addressed. Message delivered by Legobot, on behalf of Ritchie333 -- Ritchie333 (talk) 10:40, 29 November 2014 (UTC)
Your GA nomination of Thunderbirds (TV series)
The article Thunderbirds (TV series) you nominated as a good article has passed ; see Talk:Thunderbirds (TV series) for comments about the article. Well done! If the article has not already been on the main page as an "In the news" or "Did you know" item, you can nominate it to appear in Did you know. Message delivered by Legobot, on behalf of Ritchie333 -- Ritchie333 (talk) 13:02, 9 December 2014 (UTC)
- Congratulations on your latest GA; Thunderbirds-Thunderbirds Are Go-Thunderbird 6 plus five episodes. Looks like a Good topic candidate to me. Bob talk 20:33, 18 December 2014 (UTC)
Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. Wikipedia appreciates your help. We noticed though that when you edited Terror in New York City, you added a link pointing to the disambiguation page Crevice. Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.
Hello. Can you please protect Dhansheel Kumar and the other articles this user keeps creating? (Be Quiet Silence Also Speaks, Be Quiet silence also speaks, Be Quiet (film), Be Quiet (a short film)) Thank you. APK whisper in my ear 09:49, 1 January 2015 (UTC)
- I've create-protected the autobiography and Be Quiet (film) as being "repeatedly re-created". The other titles have only been created once or twice each so far; if the apparent sockpuppetry keeps up (see the section below) and more re-creations follow, I'll extend the protection to cover those. SuperMarioMan ( talk ) 10:17, 1 January 2015 (UTC)
Block an editor?
Hey, just giving you a head's up that I'm blocking User:Gautam7jan. He's been editing alongside User:Dhansheel kumar for all of the various articles they've been trying to re-create (Shubham Prakash, Be Quiet silence also speaks, Be Quiet Silence Also Speaks, Dhansheel Kumar, etc). I'm sort of involved more with Kumar, but just in case I wanted to let you know what I was doing. Neither one has done anything outside of these edits to speak of. Tokyogirl79 (｡◕‿◕｡) 09:56, 1 January 2015 (UTC)
- What a mess! I agree with your block – it seems that there's been quite a lot of sock- and/or meat-puppetry on these pages. Judging by the latter's deleted contributions, I strongly suspect that DK and User:Be Quiet a short film (which you blocked several months ago) are one and the same. SuperMarioMan ( talk ) 10:17, 1 January 2015 (UTC)
I need some advice on editing my biography without it getting deleted or me being blocked from editing so can you write something for me I just wanted something simple like where I went to school, family information and where I am from and what I doing currently can you assist me at editing my user page. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Marguerite Martin (talk • contribs) 17:16, 14 January 2015 (UTC)
- For now, they seem to have got the hint about WP:NOTWEBHOST. SuperMarioMan ( talk ) 14:21, 4 January 2015 (UTC)
- The fact that I blocked both accounts on Commons and nuked their uploads may have helped just a bit. INeverCry 20:38, 4 January 2015 (UTC)
May need a block
Hey, a new user User:Manoj singh kadna has been editing and trying to re-add various Dhansheel Kumar related pages to Wikipedia. I'll give them a warning but you may have to block them given that they seem to be doing the same stuff that the other Kumar accounts have been doing that prompted their blocks. Tokyogirl79 (｡◕‿◕｡) 10:18, 10 January 2015 (UTC)
A few months ago, you deleted User:KeithTyler/Resume, per a MFD with a very tiny "consensus", and which asserted that WP:NOT and/or WP:UPNOT states that resumes are not allowed. In fact, WP:UPNOT does not say that. What it does say is that excessive personal info is not appropriate. The only mention of "resume" on UPNOT is:
a five page résumé and advertising for your band will probably be too much." (emphasis mine)
Further, it does say:
Your user page is about you as a Wikipedian, and pages in your user space should be used as part of your efforts to contribute to the project.
Inasmuch as my resume shows my professional as well as avocational background and experience, it is not simply useful information about me as a person in the general sense, but also specifically as to my credentials in certain fields, including but not related to topics of which I may edit articles in Wikipedia. Thus, while it is relevant outside Wikipedia, that does not mean it is irrelevant inside Wikipedia.
Finally, the page was previously listed for deletion, and the overwhelming response (an actual consensus of multiple reviewers) was Keep. The deletion request you acted on, in contrast, was almost entirely unattended -- I don't see how that can be considered a "consensus." Further, the arguments presented in the original deletion request were not considered in the second, and they should have been, IMO, as they were still entirely relevant. If you combine the overwhelming "Keep" of the first MFD, and the paltry "Delete" of the second MFD, the consensus is still Keep.
- WP:NOT (specifically, WP:NOTHOSTING, point 1), which the nominator cited as their deletion argument, states: "If you are looking to make a personal webpage or blog or to post your résumé, please make use of one of the many free providers on the Internet or any hosting included with your Internet account." Primarily for this reason, I'm not comfortable with the idea of restoring the page myself. If you want to start a full DRV discussion, that's fine – I won't be commenting on it. SuperMarioMan ( talk ) 18:33, 21 January 2015 (UTC)
Request for reverting edit
- Instead of simply re-posting the article, please follow this advice and improve the version that was moved to your userspace by toning down all overly promotional claims and adding reliable sources to demonstrate the encyclopaedic notability of the subject. SuperMarioMan ( talk ) 19:50, 25 January 2015 (UTC)