I agree with your comment on the pepper-disambiguation.
The problem I ran into when trying to fix it is that it appears to me as if *most* of the pages linking to "pepper" really mean pepper as in the group of spices. Which means that:
Linking to black_pepper is wrong. Linking to the disambiguation is however also not correct, it is clear they mean "pepper (spice)" and not for example, "pepper (music)". I wrote about it on the talk-page for pepper.
What do you think about my idea: Write a new page "pepper (spice)" which talks about the group of spices commonly refered to as pepper (or peppers), and include links to the various types of peppers, such as black_pepper and chili_pepper.
Good ? Bad ? Wanna help ?
Excuse me,but i didnt edit that page.You might be mistaken with someone else. 184.108.40.206 November the 13th 2007 5:19 (UTC)
Kaustubh Sarwate User: kausis
Nehru Institute of Mountaineering is a highly renowned mountaineering institute in India as well as in Asia. Yet there is very little information available about the courses they conduct. My endeavour was to attempt to capture this information thereby making it a fairly reliable source of information for both national and international students planning to do the course here. I believe the article provides a lot of detail which is otherwise not available either on wikipedia or externally. What I have covered is from my personal experience at the institute recently. Hence the request to maintain this information on wikipedia. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Kausis (talk • contribs)
Changing a pages title and url
Hi quick question, how do I edit the page title and url as I need to change Bob Ives (racing driver) to Bob Ives (Off Road Specialist). Still working on this page, updates will follow, so hopefully your be able to remove your tags.User:Fluffyghost
Museum hacks and museum edits
- February 6–8: The third annual ArtBytes Hackathon at the Walters Art Museum! This year Wikimedia DC is partnering with the Walters for a hack-a-thon at the intersection of art and technology, and I would like to see Wikimedia well represented.
- February 11: The monthly WikiSalon, same place as usual. RSVP on Meetup or just show up!
- February 15: Wiki Loves Small Museums in Ocean City. Mary Mark Ockerbloom, with support from Wikimedia DC, will be leading a workshop at the Small Museum Association Conference on how they can contribute to Wikipedia. Tons of representatives from GLAM institutions will be present, and we are looking for volunteers. If you would like to help out, check out "Information for Volunteers".
I am also pleased to announce events for Wikimedia DC Black History Month with Howard University and NPR. Details on those events soon.
If you have any questions or have any requests, please email me at james.harewikimediadc.org.
See you there! – James Hare
(To unsubscribe, remove your username here.) 03:12, 2 February 2015 (UTC)
Wikimedia DC celebrates Black History Month, and more!
Not even a week ago I sent out a message talking about upcoming events in DC. Guess what? There are more events coming up in February.
Now, I am very pleased to announce:
- Tuesday, February 17 from 10 AM to 3 PM there will be #WikiTurgy at the University of Maryland. Join fellow theatre enthusiasts for a “mass act of public dramaturgy!”
- Thursday, February 19 from 10 AM to 4 PM we are hosting the Howard University Black History Edit-a-Thon. We are working in partnership with the Moorland-Spingarn Research Center to improve Wikipedia’s coverage of African-American and African diasporic history.
- Tuesday, February 24 from 6 PM to 8 PM we have the Black History Month “First Edit” at NPR. Help improve Wikipedia and help others make their first edit to Wikipedia!
- Finally, our monthly dinner meetup is on Saturday, February 28.
There is going to be a lot going on, and I hope you can come to some of the events!
If you have any questions or need any special accommodations, please let me know.
(To unsubscribe, remove your username here.) 18:19, 7 February 2015 (UTC)
Editing for Women's History in March
I am very excited to announce this month’s events, focused on Women’s History Month:
- Sunday, March 8: Women in the Arts 2015 Edit-a-thon – 10 AM to 4 PM
- Wednesday, March 11: March WikiSalon – 7 PM to 9 PM
- Friday, March 13: NIH Women's History Month Edit-a-Thon – 9 AM to 4 PM
- Saturday, March 21: Women in STEM Edit-a-Thon at DCPL – 12 PM
- Friday, March 27: She Blinded Me with Science, Part III – 10 AM to 4 PM
- Saturday, March 28: March Dinner Meetup – 6 PM
Hope you can make it to an event! If you have any questions or require any special accommodations, please let me know.
To unsubscribe from this newsletter, remove your name from this list. 02:24, 2 March 2015 (UTC)