Dynasty (serial) episode
Hi, I respond to the following massage of yours:
"Hi, thanks for your contributions but I've I've reverted your changes to List of Dynasty episodes. Do you have a source for the dates you added? The existing original air dates are backed up by the packaging of the DVD releases.— TAnthonyTalk 02:02, 4 July 2014 (UTC)"
There are sources of changes I made on a list of Dynasty episodes: Changes in season 3: sources: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0081856/episodes?season=3 AND http://lbcolby.blogspot.cz/2011/04/dynasty-abc-episode-guide-season-3-1982.html
Changes in season 2: source: http://lbcolby.blogspot.cz/2011/04/dynasty-abc-episode-guide-season-2-1981.html.
Unfortunately, official US DVD releases contain mistakes (not only in texts, bus also with pictures - photos from season 5 or 7 are on DVD season 1). The most frequent mistakes are with date of opening episodes of season 2 and 3. Btw, premiere airing of episodes of season 4 are right on Wikipedia - but they are different than on official USA DVD release! LukeFuller1985 — Preceding unsigned comment added by LukeFuller1985 (talk • contribs) 14:29, 5 July 2014 (UTC)
- OK, assuming you are correct about the DVDs, we still have a problem, because IMDb and blogs are not reliable sources either, as they are user-updated with no real fact-checking. The Dynasty episode list predates the DVDs anyway so I'm wondering where the info came from in the first place, it was pretty much all there when I started editing here in 2006. I haven't monitored it consistently so I don't quite know how accurate it all is. Ideas?— TAnthonyTalk 14:38, 5 July 2014 (UTC)
Help with editing
So I have been working on A Song of Ice and Fire character pages for a bit, trying to do something about the bloated character list. My first article submission was for Eddard Stark. I submitted it for review to be published, but I would like some help trimming the article. The Ned Stark article I created is currently located in my sandbox. I really do need some help cutting the article down to size, and there are still some sections I haven't even created yet. Could you lend a quick hand? Eric the fever (talk) 22:34, 11 August 2014 (UTC)
- Hey there! Yeah I could easily help you tighten up the text but the biggest problem you have is that it's all plot. Some character articles get left unnoticed like that on Wikipedia but GoT is high profile now and it will probably get tagged and then redirected relatively quickly. There have been various individual character articles in the past that didn't last. I'd say the article should be at least 50% "other material" like analysis, that is backed up by citations. You've probably noticed what I've done lately with Tyrion Lannister and Jon Snow, I started my own character overhauls with them because there's a lot of material out there on them (they're popular). I've been collecting other research as I go and as you can imagine, I'm finding a lot more on Daenerys, Arya, Cersei and Jaime, etc. Though there should be some notable Ned stuff around. I imagine he's mentioned in a lot of articles about Season 1 of the TV series (though you also want to find whatever novel-specific stuff you can).
- Like this: "A Game of Thrones: Analysis of Eddard "Ned" Stark". SparkNotes. Retrieved August 4, 2014.
- Anyway, I don't have a lot of time right now to research but if you can find some stuff on Ned I can help you incorporate it. Actually some of the articles I've cited in Tyrion and Jon may have good quotes. — TAnthonyTalk 23:01, 11 August 2014 (UTC)
So I followed your advice, I dramatically pared back the plot details (though that could still use a bit of trimming) and started incorporating more analysis and background into the character's creation. This is what I have so far. It is still about 75% plot related stuff, but I think it is moving in the right direction. Eric the fever (talk) 01:17, 14 August 2014 (UTC)
- That is a great improvement, I think you have the idea! Every character article will be a little different based on notability, appearances and available external material but I think you've got a great start going.— TAnthonyTalk 01:24, 14 August 2014 (UTC)
Game of Thrones chapter information and GA articles
I took your suggestion and went looking for GA-rated articles that addressed chapter information in television adaptations. I prepared a proposal based on my findings. Your input would be welcome. There have been false springs before, but your suggestion might be about to resolve a content dispute that's been going on for four months. Darkfrog24 (talk) 23:41, 22 August 2014 (UTC)
DYK for Eddard Stark
|On 23 August 2014, Did you know was updated with a fact from the article Eddard Stark, which you recently created or substantially expanded. The fact was ... that author George R. R. Martin killed off protagonist Eddard Stark in his 1996 novel A Game of Thrones because he knew readers would not expect it? The nomination discussion and review may be seen at Template:Did you know nominations/Eddard Stark. You are welcome to check how many page hits the article got while on the front page (here's how, live views, daily totals), and it may be added to the statistics page if the total is over 5,000. Finally, if you know of an interesting fact from another recently created article, then please feel free to suggest it on the Did you know talk page.|
Pretty Little Liars
Umm.....yea..LOL. It violates WP:FLAG, and it violates WP:MOSTV#Broadcast, which specifically says not to just list every place that a show appears. As that goes into WP:INDISCRIMINATE as well. BIGNOLE (Contact me) 04:10, 27 August 2014 (UTC)
Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. Wikipedia appreciates your help. We noticed though that when you edited List of The Saga of Seven Suns characters, you added a link pointing to the disambiguation page Faero. Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.