User talk:Taylor Trescott
- 1 RfC: AfC Helper Script access
- 2 Today's Featured Article: Notification
- 3 WikiCup 2015 March newsletter
- 4 Review request
- 5 Talk:Clown in the Dumps/GA1
- 6 The WikiProject Video Games Newsletter, Q1 2015
- 7 Nomination of Cody Martin for deletion
- 8 Boat Race review
- 9 The WikiProject Video Games Newsletter, Q2 2015
RfC: AfC Helper Script access
An RfC has been opened at RfC to physically restrict access to the Helper Script. You are invited to comment. --Kudpung กุดผึ้ง (talk) 16:53, 1 February 2015 (UTC)
Today's Featured Article: Notification
This is to inform you that Lost Luggage (video game), which you nominated at WP:FAC, will appear on the Main Page as Today's Featured Article on 8 March 2015. The proposed main page blurb is here; you may amend if necessary. Please check for dead links and other possible faults before the appearance date. Brianboulton (talk) 11:33, 16 February 2015 (UTC)
- The TFA paragraph I wrote mostly follows your article's lead section, but it's just a bit short, so please let me know if there are any interesting facts from the article text you'd like to include. - Dank (push to talk) 23:24, 20 February 2015 (UTC)
That's it, the first round is done, sign-ups are closed and we're into round 2. 64 competitors made it into this round, and are now broken into eight groups of eight. The top two of each group will go through to round 3, and then the top scoring 16 "wildcards" across all groups. Round 1 saw some interesting work on some very important articles, with the round leader Freikorp (submissions) owing most of his 622 points scored to a Featured Article on the 2001 film Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within which qualified for a times-two multiplier. This is a higher score than in previous years, as Godot13 (submissions) had 500 points in 2014 at the end of round 1, and our very own judge, Sturmvogel_66 (submissions) led round 1 with 601 points in 2013.
In addition to Freikorp's work, some other important articles and pictures were improved during round one, here's a snapshot of a few of them:
- Cwmhiraeth (submissions) took Bumblebee, a level-4 vital article, to Good Article;
- AHeneen (submissions) worked-up the Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 article, also to Good Article status;
- Rodw (submissions) developed an extremely timely article to Good Article, taking Magna Carta there some 800 years after it was first sealed;
- And last but not least, Godot13 (submissions) worked up a number of Featured Pictures during round 1, including the 1948 one Deutsche Mark (pictured right), receiving the maximum bonus due to the number of Wikis that the related article appears in.
You may also wish to know that The Core Contest is running through the month of March. Head there for further details - they even have actual prizes!
If you are concerned that your nomination—whether it is at good article candidates, a featured process, or anywhere else—will not receive the necessary reviews, please list it on Wikipedia:WikiCup/Reviews. Questions are welcome on Wikipedia talk:WikiCup, and the judges are reachable on their talk pages or by email. Good luck! If you wish to start or stop receiving this newsletter, please feel free to add or remove yourself from Wikipedia:WikiCup/Newsletter/Send. Figureskatingfan (talk · contribs · email), Miyagawa (talk · contribs · email) and Sturmvogel 66 (talk · contribs · email)
Taylor Trescott, it looks like you opened this review and haven't gotten back to it in over seven weeks. Are you planning on starting the review soon, or should we place it back into the reviewing pool? Please let us know. Many thanks. (If it hits the two month mark, I'll assume you're not coming back to it and make it available to another reviewer.) BlueMoonset (talk) 06:27, 19 March 2015 (UTC)
The WikiProject Video Games Newsletter, Q1 2015
Nomination of Cody Martin for deletion
The article will be discussed at Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Cody Martin (2nd nomination) until a consensus is reached, and anyone is welcome to contribute to the discussion. The nomination will explain the policies and guidelines which are of concern. The discussion focuses on high-quality evidence and our policies and guidelines.
Users may edit the article during the discussion, including to improve the article to address concerns raised in the discussion. However, do not remove the article-for-deletion notice from the top of the article. – Muboshgu (talk) 18:38, 8 April 2015 (UTC)
Boat Race review
|The Running Man Barnstar|
|Hey Taylor, just a quick barnstar to say thanks for the review of one of Boat Race articles you conducted over the past year. As of this morning, I completed my (initial) goal of ensuing that every Boat Race had, not only its own article, but one that was either of GA or FA status: we now have 158 GAs and 3 FAs that we can all be proud of! It doesn't stop here, for me at least, I'm going to keep up with improving the quality of the GAs and look for more FA opportunities. Plus, there's the small matter of 70 Women's Boat Race articles to get up and running! But thanks again, I couldn't have done it without your help. The Rambling Man (talk) 15:53, 16 April 2015 (UTC)|