|Welcome to my talk page. .to leave me a message|
Could you change the title and URL of the "creation-evolution controversy" article to "creationism-evolution controversy"? I'm not authorized to make such a change; do you know anyone that is? Do you have any objections to the name change? — Preceding unsigned comment added by Scienceteacher3k (talk • contribs) 10:34, 24 February 2015 (UTC)
- You would need to gain consensus at the article talk page for such a change. Theroadislong (talk) 10:38, 24 February 2015 (UTC)
Could you change the title and URL of the "creation-evolution controversy" article to "creationism-evolution controversy"? I'm not authorized to make such a change; do you know anyone that is? Do you have any objections to the name change? — Preceding unsigned comment added by Scienceteacher3k (talk • contribs) 10:41, 24 February 2015 (UTC)
Hello, thank you for checking the details of the page. Why was the section about CAD removed? How can I rectify the notability situation? I am pretty new to this so would appreciate some advice.
- I removed the CAD section as it was unreferenced and promotional in tone, which is why those with conflicts of interest are strongly advised not to edit articles. Please make suggestions on the article's talk page for others to consider. Theroadislong (talk) 14:19, 25 February 2015 (UTC)
Okz I will keep it in mind...but I lost my temper as he deleted the article..I still believe that the article should have been on Wikipedia. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Suman420 (talk • contribs) 15:46, 25 February 2015 (UTC)
About the page Advanced Rocket Research Center
Hello Theroadislong, Excuse me, I have edit the page Advanced Rocket Research Center and create some details. I will create more information about Advanced Rocket Research Center soon. It will show people that it is not a page to advertise something but some important things to know. If these modifications are still not enough to credibly indicate the importance or significance of the subject, please tell me and I will revise it unceasingly. Thank you. Willy81234 (talk) 13:12, 26 February 2015 (UTC)
Brunelle bio reverted
I am wondering why, after I took quite a bit of time to update this bio, it reverted to the old one? There is no spam, and this is official bio information from VocalEssence. I wasn't exactly sure on citing all the references, but did what I thought was required. --Vocalessence (talk) 20:02, 26 February 2015 (UTC)
- Wikipedia requires content from reliable secondary sources, when you have a clear conflict of interest it's advisable to make suggestions on the article talk page and let others decide whether to include it. Theroadislong (talk) 20:15, 26 February 2015 (UTC)
Olavo de Carvalho do not taught political philosophy at the Catholic University. Olavo de Carvalho is not a university professor, he is an astrologer and philosophy's teacher courses in the Internet. LeandroTelesRocha1983 (talk) 22:24, 26 February 2015 (UTC)
Genesis flood narrative
I am trying to determine what you meant, by "nope" and dead link. Also the source is not showing my edit to Genesis flood narrative - it is something else. Can you explain what I may have done wrong?
- It wasn't clear why you were adding the source and the link http://mikeadridge.com/ is a dead link Theroadislong (talk) 22:34, 28 February 2015 (UTC)
Thank-you for the guidance Theroadislong. I ticked the minor edit button most times, but may have missed on occasion. Still learning, support appreciated. Ramblin' Ronnie (talk) 22:11, 1 March 2015 (UTC)
That is lack of understanding - I am learning - not intentionally disruptive! (The language you guys use is not always the most friendly or welcoming to newcomers!). I removed what I now understand as the maintenance template after I thought I'd addressed the issue raised to alert you to look at it again, forgive me if I got that wrong.
Please also let me know if I've corrected the problem and if the external links added are useful or counter-productive.Sorry to be a pain, we'll get there! Many thanks 22:22, 1 March 2015 (UTC) — Preceding unsigned comment added by Ramblin' Ronnie (talk • contribs)
- You have not corrected the problem, the notability template is to indicate that his notability has NOT been established yet. The external links are not required as you have been told previously and you continue to mark your edits as minor when clearly they are not...all of which means you are being disruptive. Theroadislong (talk) 22:27, 1 March 2015 (UTC)
Hi I received a message saying that you removed a link that i linked from Henry Trengrouse to Helston museum, i think it was a mistake because they are linked....helston museum holds Henry Trengrouse's original equipment that visitors can come and see....if someone is interested in Henry Trengrouse then they would be interested in Helston museum. Also just a side note but Helston museum is a charity and is free entry so we aren't trying to advertise, i just thought it was appropriate. Thanks. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Helstonmuseum (talk • contribs) 12:37, 2 March 2015 (UTC)
- "See also" sections are for additional wikipedia article links, not external links, and regardless of whether you are commercial or not it is still considered spamming to add links to your own website. You should request a username change too, as names implying group or business use are forbidden. Theroadislong (talk) 13:13, 2 March 2015 (UTC)
Hey, thanks for your message. I left an explanation on the first edit, and did not use the sandbox. The subsequent 4 edits to follow I did not leave an explanation on, let me know if you need anything further. Google Datebook and you will see us first. — Preceding unsigned comment added by DatebookDating (talk • contribs) 18:34, 4 March 2015 (UTC)
- Sorry but you can't replace an article with your own you will need to create a new one. Theroadislong (talk) 18:37, 4 March 2015 (UTC)
I am writing to correct you. The personal section on Hudson Houck has been correct for as long as he had wikipedia. He's been a football coach for 29 years in the NFL and he has a son Troy and is married to Elsie and she has two children Scott and Holly from a previous marriage. Hudson however does not ave a grandson named Andrew. The resource are from the teams he's coached for from their media guides. Please correct these. And keep track of someone adding the name ANDREW because he does not have a grandson. Thank you. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Fuglaw1969 (talk • contribs) 11:34, 5 March 2015 (UTC)
- I am not arguing that he DOES have a grandson named Andrew? Wikipedia only reports on what the reliable sources say. I removed your content because it was unsourced, you need to cite a reliable source. Please review the guidelines at Wikipedia:Citing sources All good wishes Theroadislong (talk) 12:26, 5 March 2015 (UTC)
Indigo Project draft.
Thank you for helping delete the Indigo Project draft. I am confused how to get the other, The Indigo Project draft accepted for contribution?
Is there a way you can let me know if it is being reviewed? And how I can increase the chance of it being accepted? — Preceding unsigned comment added by SheriSmith (talk • contribs) 16:23, 5 March 2015 (UTC)
- Getting an article reviewed can take many weeks. As I have commented before though, your submission has two "linked in" references and a "press release", neither of which are suitable sources. You also have a conflict of interest. Wikipedia requires references with significant coverage about the topic of the article, and independent of it, and in reliable sources.The chances of the article being approved as it stands, are slim to nil. Theroadislong (talk) 16:50, 5 March 2015 (UTC)
i just really need to authenticate my account because i need to edit the title of a page of the place i work.....ddint know there was all these rules, i will sort it out. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Rosiecornwall (talk • contribs) 11:06, 6 March 2015 (UTC)
well how do change the name then? its not called Helston Folk Museum, its called Helston Museum....can you change it for me? here's the website that clearly shows its called just Helston museum http://www.helstonmuseum.co.uk/ i'm not trying to do anything dodgy just correct a mistake....i would really appreciate if you can help me, thanks, Rosie. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Rosiecornwall (talk • contribs) 11:15, 6 March 2015 (UTC) I have already changed it? Theroadislong (talk) 11:16, 6 March 2015 (UTC)
Deletion of content in 'Kurkure' Article
Hello,So I recently noticed that you had deleted the Quality standards section from the article. I think that is one of an important section, please kindly take a revision,Thank you Komchi (talk) 17:06, 6 March 2015 (UTC)