Please note I reserve the right to remove excessively colourful formatting from any messages left on this talk page, thank you!
Please add new messages at the bottom of the page please.
- Last archive at User talk:Tim!/Archive 21.
- 1 Proposal to rename
- 2 Somalia
- 3 Orphaned non-free image File:Sensorites.jpg
- 4 Merry Christmas!
- 5 Category:2013 disestablishments in the Palestinian territories
- 6 fyi
- 7 Category:Centuries in Israel
- 8 A barnstar for you!
- 9 Merge discussion for National Defence Radio Establishment (Sweden)
- 10 King John's Hunting Lodge, Axbridge
- 11 Problem on article Whoniverse
- 12 Painters
- 13 Category:Welsh rapists
- 14 AWB
- 15 Someone else nominated this, but didn't alert you.
- 16 Category:1920s in Syria
- 17 Request for comment
- 18 Edits to Scottish and Welsh articles
- 19 Category:Urban quarters in Italy
- 20 Greetings
- 21 Syria
- 22 Tweed Heads, New South Wales
Proposal to rename
Orphaned non-free image File:Sensorites.jpg
Thanks for uploading File:Sensorites.jpg. The image description page currently specifies that the image is non-free and may only be used on Wikipedia under a claim of fair use. However, the image is currently not used in any articles on Wikipedia. If the image was previously in an article, please go to the article and see why it was removed. You may add it back if you think that that will be useful. However, please note that images for which a replacement could be created are not acceptable for use on Wikipedia (see our policy for non-free media).
Seasons greetings amigo. I was wondering if you could create build categories for Italy like Category:Buildings and structures in the Province of Vibo Valentia and a by province category like Spain. You might find possible entries in many of the church categories etc. If any end up underpopulated I'll try to create some stubs and fill them out a bit.♦ Dr. Blofeld 14:28, 28 December 2013 (UTC)
- Could be a big job, but at least its broken down by region to start with. Italian wikipedia breaks it down even further to by commune! Tim! (talk) 20:37, 30 December 2013 (UTC)
- Yeah it's crazy how much is missing, and those communes often have sub cats like churches too!! Really appreciate your help, I've taken care of the inter links. What would be good now is to start building some sort of organization by country by in Category:Buildings and structures by country subdivision and create categories by subdivision for every country!. Category:Buildings and structures in Algeria by province etc.. A great task of course but it would be a very constructive and useful one I think as it will show how sparse coverage is in parts which could be fleshed out to even up coverage. If you're interested or not interested let me know, I can take a stab at a few myself. Maybe as a long term goal :-] There must be quite a few existing already though which haven't been caught.
I've started Category:Buildings and structures in Portugal by region, can you subdivide them by Districts of Portugal and populate? The region categories also need creating like Category:Centro Region, Portugal♦ Dr. Blofeld 11:48, 24 January 2014 (UTC)
- Can't believe the regions didn't even have the categories yet! Tim! (talk) 10:08, 26 January 2014 (UTC)
- Yeah I think gradually we need to go through the A-Z of countries, no rush though! I was wondering, can you create Category:Buildings and structures in Germany by district ? We have a lot of articles but poor geographical organization on here. List of districts of Germany mmm I didn't realize there was 402 districts. It's probably also too big a task for you.. Perhaps the ones which have a fair number of articles are worth starting first, the top 30 or 40 districts by articles?... User:Bermicourt who does a lot of great work on German translations might be interested in helping build new categories by district.♦ Dr. Blofeld 15:50, 7 February 2014 (UTC)
Category:2013 disestablishments in the Palestinian territories
Category:2013 disestablishments in the Palestinian territories, which you created, has been nominated for possible deletion, merging, or renaming. If you would like to participate in the discussion, you are invited to add your comments at the category's entry on the Categories for discussion page. Thank you. Mercurywoodrose (talk) 00:37, 30 December 2013 (UTC)
at a specific year of mass murder categories by year - you left a useful guideline - am adding it at the more generic central cat main space as well, just in case you wanted or needed to know, so to speak satusuro 08:31, 19 January 2014 (UTC)
- I think someone else wrote that, I only made a slight amendment but thanks anyway :). Tim! (talk) 08:42, 19 January 2014 (UTC)
- huh - my damned reading of edit histories goes kerplunk again - cheers satusuro 09:04, 19 January 2014 (UTC)
Category:Centuries in Israel
Category:Centuries in Israel, which you created, has been nominated for possible deletion, merging, or renaming. If you would like to participate in the discussion, you are invited to add your comments at the category's entry on the Categories for discussion page. Thank you. trespassers william (talk) 21:34, 9 February 2014 (UTC)
A barnstar for you!
|The Special Barnstar|
|Really appreciate the work you're doing with German district categories!! ♦ Dr. Blofeld 19:27, 27 February 2014 (UTC)|
Merge discussion for National Defence Radio Establishment (Sweden)
An article that you have been involved in editing, National Defence Radio Establishment (Sweden), has been proposed for a merge with another article. If you are interested in the merge discussion, please participate by going here, and adding your comments on the discussion page. Thank you. Gavleson (talk) 17:25, 10 March 2014 (UTC)
King John's Hunting Lodge, Axbridge
I noticed you added Category:Hunting lodges in England to King John's Hunting Lodge, Axbridge, however it is very unlikely it ever was one (and definately not for King John). What is the criteria for adding to this category?— Rod talk 21:34, 12 March 2014 (UTC)
- Apologies for thinking soemthing with "hunting lodge" in its title is a hunting lodge. Tim! (talk) 21:36, 12 March 2014 (UTC)
- Probably a bit of spin/marketing. Although the building is from the 15th century (at least 200 yrs after King John) the title was first used in the early 20th century!— Rod talk 21:39, 12 March 2014 (UTC)
Problem on article Whoniverse
The article Whoniverse has for some time been almost completely unsourced. Recently I attempted to begin a discussion about trying to clean it up. This was met with what one user called "sarcasm". Reading Wikipedia Policy, User:GraemeLeggett and I are attempting to turn it into something properly encyclopedic(including providing 3 WP:RS). However, another user, User:G S Palmer is repeatedly reinstating unsourced material. He/she also seemed to think that another unsourced Wikipedia article somehow verifies the Whoniverse article. This is very frustrating, as User:GraemeLeggett and I have started to improve what was an unsourced essay, only for User:G S Palmer to reappear, completely ignore the discussion, as well as Wikipedia Policy, and revert it back to the earlier state with no WP:RS, even removing the Sources that GraemeLeggett and I added. I see that you were involved with this article in the past, and as an Admin, I would enormously appreciate your intervention and judgement. Thank you. 188.8.131.52 (talk) 19:01, 15 March 2014 (UTC)
- The very title is cringe-worthy; and wouldn't be averse to seeing the article deleted or redirected to Doctor Who. Tim! (talk) 08:21, 16 March 2014 (UTC)
- Hello. Same IP user as before. Unfortunately a user called User: G S Palmer is making blanket-reverts to the same article, adding rambling, totally unsourced OR and POV. There are users who are trying to tidy up the article, but G S Palmer's persistent reversions, and refusal to enter into any of the discussions on the discussion page are creating more and more problems. I would appreciate it if you could at least look at the edits, and make some sort of judgement. Thank you. 184.108.40.206 (talk) 12:11, 18 March 2014 (UTC)
Hi. I was wondering what you think about the most suitable name for painters by century. We currently have Category:18th-century English painters and Category:Italian painters of the 18th century. My feeling is that the first naming convention is better. But shouldn't they all be consistent? Perhaps User:BrownHairedGirl also has some thought on the matter.♦ Dr. Blofeld 21:55, 24 March 2014 (UTC)
- I also prefer the former title. Tim! (talk) 22:06, 24 March 2014 (UTC)
- Hi folks, consistency is certainly v important in category names. Makes it much easier to maintain them, and much easier to navigate them.
- The convention of Category:18th-century Italian people by occupation is "18th-century Italian fooers", and the Category:Italian painters of the 18th century is an exception.
- Category:18th-century painters follows the same convention, tho with a few exceptions. So "xth-cent Fooian Fooers" is the convention of both trees, and the Italian category should be speedily renamed per WP:C2C.
- Are you 2 ok with me making that speedy nomination? --BrownHairedGirl (talk) • (contribs) 02:21, 25 March 2014 (UTC)
- Quite agree, of course. I wasn't sure how many countries had a different system or if Italy was the odd one out, I didn't check but there's no reason why it should be named differently!.♦ Dr. Blofeld 12:32, 25 March 2014 (UTC)
Category:Welsh rapists, which you created, has been nominated for possible deletion, merging, or renaming. If you would like to participate in the discussion, you are invited to add your comments at the category's entry on the Categories for discussion page. Thank you. Obi-Wan Kenobi (talk) 15:46, 25 March 2014 (UTC)
Someone else nominated this, but didn't alert you.
Category:1920s in Syria
Category:1920s in Syria, which you created, has been nominated for possible deletion, merging, or renaming. If you would like to participate in the discussion, you are invited to add your comments at the category's entry on the Categories for discussion page. Thank you.GreyShark (dibra) 04:11, 7 April 2014 (UTC)
Request for comment
Hello there, a proposal regarding pre-adminship review has been raised at Village pump by here is very much appreciated. Many thanks. Jim Carter through MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 06:47, 28 May 2014 (UTC). Your comments
Edits to Scottish and Welsh articles
Please desist. Scotland and Wales are considered countries for religious purposes, as indeed they are for most sporting purposes. I can only assume you are doing this out of some colonialist motive.--MacRùsgail (talk) 13:07, 1 June 2014 (UTC)
- Why would you remove this categories, when as I have stated, at least twice Scotland and Wales are treated as countries for religious purposes? (Wales less so.) Most major religious organisations including the Catholic Church, treat Scotland as a country in its own right. With this in mind, I am perfectly within my rights to claim that you are ignoring such factors.
- If you continue to do this, I will take this elsewhere, and I shall revert your edits. No, it is not within "category" guidelines. It is as ridiculous as removing Scotland from sporting categories which refer to it as a country.-MacRùsgail (talk) 08:08, 4 June 2014 (UTC)
Firstly, learn to distinguish between criticism and insults. If I was genuinely emotionally abusing you, or whatever you wish to call it, I would be using far more colourful language than this.
Secondly, you do not understand categories yourself. Now read this again, and digest (it is not a personal attack or insult, it is a fact) - SCOTLAND AND WALES ARE TREATED AS COUNTRIES FOR CERTAIN PURPOSES, SUCH AS RELIGION. Therefore, religious categories about Scotland and Wales are entitled to be in the "by country" and "Europe" categories. The Church of Scotland and Roman Catholic Church in Scotland, are national bodies, and not part of a UK set up. Please research such matters before making generalisations.
Thirdly, as with many people of your tendencies, you have failed to draw this matter to the attention of the people on the Scottish and Welsh wikiprojects. I suggest you do. But then again, you might consider any disagreement with you "a personal attack".-MacRùsgail (talk) 09:26, 5 June 2014 (UTC)
Wow, that was quick!!♦ Dr. Blofeld 17:16, 3 July 2014 (UTC)
- Ha ha I don't hang around (also I get emails when people leave messages on my talk page) :) Tim! (talk) 17:17, 3 July 2014 (UTC)
- I created Category:Holborn a few days back and was amazed it was missing. I think we ought to have categories for every neighbourhood of London and ideally Buildings and structures categories all connected together. Do you think it would be worth trying to consolidate London landmarks by districts? 22:08, 3 July 2014 (UTC)
Can you split Category:Golf clubs and courses in Scotland by county? I was also wondering if you knew a way to efficiently link all of the entries in List of golf courses in the United Kingdom?♦ Dr. Blofeld 16:42, 5 July 2014 (UTC)
Hi. An editor in good fath has created a problem with the categories. Can you empty all of
- Category:Villages in Aleppo
- Category:Villages in Daraa
- Category:Villages in Hama
- Category:Villages in Al-Hasakah
- Category:Villages in Homs
- Category:Villages in Idlib
- Category:Villages in Latakia
- Category:Villages in Rif Dimashq
- Category:Villages in Al-Suwayda
- Category:Villages in Tartus
and replace with Category:Villages in Syria. They were kept in one for a reason. We have e.g Category:Populated places in Hama Governorate etc. The editor has begun creaitng stubs for Category:Villages in Hama, can you remove the categorites and replace with the populated place ones by district with e.g Category:Populated places in Hama District etc.. You can use Template:Hama Governorate etc for guidance. Every village is supposed to be categorized as Category:Villages in Syria to exist alongside the populated places by district cats for convenience.♦ Dr. Blofeld 18:49, 10 July 2014 (UTC)
- I think this one will have to play out on CFD for a while; I'll try to keep an eye on it. Tim! (talk) 16:34, 11 July 2014 (UTC)
Can you pop Category:Demolished buildings and structures in Chicago, Illinois and Category:Defunct theatres ?♦ Dr. Blofeld 17:48, 6 August 2014 (UTC)
I'll try to categorize some but you're always the master at this sort of thing!♦ Dr. Blofeld 09:54, 8 August 2014 (UTC)
- Former theatres is for demolsihed buildings and defunct is for buildings that were once theatres and now something else? Tim! (talk) 16:22, 8 August 2014 (UTC)
I think so, obviously there's going to be some overlap though. If anything though "former theatres" implies that the building still exists and was formerly a theatre!
Can you recat the Boston ones in Category:Music venues in Massachusetts with the Boston cat? I've been sorting out the US jazz clubs! Category:Jazz clubs in New York should probably be renamed Category:Jazz clubs in New York City I think, although I could find some clubs from the wider state to start.♦ Dr. Blofeld 12:34, 10 August 2014 (UTC)