||Tirkfl is currently busy and is going to be on Wikipedia in off-and-on doses.
Hi Tirkfl -
Remember me? After my old computer died, I haven't visited Wiki as an editor for quite some time now. I might be able to put a bit more work into it now. Do you need a Mitarbeiter for anything? How is the philately?
Viel Spass, Scbarry (talk) 02:58, 16 November 2008 (UTC)
Thanks for your response. To tell you the truth, I'm not sure how much time I will have to devote to Wikipedia right now, either. But I will see if I can help clean up your shelf. :-)
Congratulations on reaching the exam stage of your PhD! Does that mean you will finish your studies soon? How will that affect your Wiki activities?
Viel Spass! Scbarry (talk) 15:43, 18 November 2008 (UTC)
Hi again -
As you can see, I'm working my way through your shelf with proofreading. I'd like to work on the Ambrosius Petruzzy article soon. The German article has four lovely pictures, but three of them are not in Commons. I never did figure out how to upload pictures to Commons. I'm not really sure how to do that.
I know you're awfully busy right now, but would it be possible to either upload the other three pictures to Commons for me or to tell me how to do it? I'm not sure how fast it will go with my modem internet connection, but I could try. I just don't know where to begin (even after reading the intro page on doing it).
Thanks so much. Scbarry (talk) 01:40, 21 November 2008 (UTC)
Hi Tirkfl -
What's the story with the Airmail page? I notice that someone has been editing your original translation on the Translations/Airmail page. Is he already doing a proofreading, or is that one still available to check out? I left a message on his talk page, so maybe he'll tell me what is happening. As you know, it's a lot of work to do a reasonable proofreading, so I don't want to waste my effort if it will be discarded. Let me know what you think. I hope all is going well with your PhD! Scbarry (talk) 21:53, 22 November 2008 (UTC)
- Could you please proofread St. Andrew's cross (philately) when you get back? The current article is very much related to Austrian stamps, so I figure you'd be perfect to proofread it. It started out as a way to fix a redlink in the Sheet of stamps article, but then grew. Vielen Dank! Ich hoffe, Du hast Deiner Pruefungen gut bestanden! Scbarry (talk) 17:12, 26 November 2008 (UTC)
I've finished proofreading all 20 remaining articles on your shelf. I may finish up the translation you have started if I get the urge. Viel Spass! Scbarry (talk) 22:20, 26 November 2008 (UTC)
- Congratulations!!!! :-) :-) Whew! That must have been a lot of work. I wish you well. (BTW, I transferred my first picture to Commons yesterday!) Even though I stayed away for a long time, I hope to hear from you from time to time. Scbarry (talk) 02:09, 1 December 2008 (UTC)
Servus! I am delighted to hear from you again, Herr Doktor Tirkfl. :-) After the comment you made when you changed your user page a few days ago (inactive for longer time), I thought you probably wouldn't have so much time for Wiki now.
If you're going to be working more on the project, you might need a few days to get oriented again, so I'll try not to pester you too much. Then I'd like us to get caught up on various things, like what happened with all the pending translations I left in such a mess several months ago. I assume it was you who cleaned up after me (thanks!).
So sit back and relax a bit and figure out what you want to do with your life now -- and then get back to work (if you want to)! ;-) Liebe Gruesse, Scbarry (talk) 15:34, 1 December 2008 (UTC)
- It will be good to collaborate with you again -- at least for a couple of months. :-) I hope you already have a Lehrstelle (I think that's the right word) worked out. As long as you're back, I'll let you finish up the remaining translation on your shelf that you didn't complete, and then I'll proofread it.
- At the end of January, you mentioned that you had the History section of de:Philately that needed proofreading. Do you still need that done?
- You may have noticed that Ww2censor fixed up the St. Andrew's cross article enough to get it approved as a DYK. That's rather fun, since I have no experience at all with those things. If you'd like to read it over and check the German part again, that would be lovely, since it has to do with an Austrian stamp issue. On the other hand, Ww2censor did quite a bit of editing to it, so it may not exactly match anymore. It's up to you, but I think it would be great if you have time to look it over. (I'm still not entirely certain of "Querformat", although he seems OK with it.) Since he did a lot of copyediting, it seems it would only make sense to change things that I had obviously translated wrong.
- Servus! Scbarry (talk) 21:25, 2 December 2008 (UTC)
Thanks for adding the picture to the Andreaskreuz article! That's a nice addition. Viel Spass. Scbarry (talk) 20:25, 3 December 2008 (UTC)
Hi - My PC has once again died. I'm trying to figure out how to get another one. I can't believe it! Anyway, it will be a little bit of time before I'm able to get back. Tschuss. Scbarry (talk) 16:27, 8 December 2008 (UTC)
I noticed you removed the translation template from the above-mentioned page a few days ago. Does this mean the proofreading is completed? Thanks for letting me know. Francesco Campelli (talk) 20:42, 29 January 2009 (UTC)
- Yes, the translation is finished. 13unny was the proofreader. The translation box was moved to the talk page. Kind regards, Tirkfl (talk) 19:15, 1 February 2009 (UTC)
Hello, I've rated the article you requested in the Wikiproject Austria. Regards, --Auslli (talk) 18:34, 28 April 2009 (UTC)
Thank you for your corrections to Manchester Airport but please note I have partially reverted your edit and corrected license back to licence which is correct for a non-usa article please refer to WP:ENGVAR. Thanks MilborneOne (talk) 19:40, 10 January 2010 (UTC)
You are now a Reviewer
Hello. Your account has been granted the "reviewer" userright, allowing you to review other users' edits on certain flagged pages. Pending changes, also known as flagged protection, is currently undergoing a two-month trial scheduled to end 15 August 2010.
Reviewers can review edits made by users who are not autoconfirmed to articles placed under pending changes. Pending changes is applied to only a small number of articles, similarly to how semi-protection is applied but in a more controlled way for the trial. The list of articles with pending changes awaiting review is located at Special:OldReviewedPages.
When reviewing, edits should be accepted if they are not obvious vandalism or BLP violations, and not clearly problematic in light of the reason given for protection (see Wikipedia:Reviewing process). More detailed documentation and guidelines can be found here.
If you do not want this userright, you may ask any administrator to remove it for you at any time. Courcelles (talk) 17:52, 18 June 2010 (UTC)
Hi Tirkfl -
Sorry I've been away for so long.
I have finally found a job and I really enjoy it. I don't know yet if I want to get involved with translations again, as it does take quite a bit of time. It looks as if they've changed over to a new system for tracking translation requests on Wiki. It was about time!
I hope all is going well with your PhD. Congratulations for your new Review status. I don't really know what that is, but I'm sure it's an honor to have been chosen.
Viele liebe Gruesse,
- Thanks for stopping by! Actually I don't have time for WP anymore, I am just a passive user now ;-) I finished my PhD already in November 2008 and now I am working as a pharmacist, which I enjoy too! Best regards and good luck with your new job! Tirkfl (talk) 16:49, 5 February 2011 (UTC)
New Page Patrol survey
New page patrol – Survey Invitation
Hello Tirkfl! The WMF is currently developing new tools to make new page patrolling much easier. Whether you have patrolled many pages or only a few, we now need to know about your experience. The survey takes only 6 minutes, and the information you provide will not be shared with third parties other than to assist us in analyzing the results of the survey; the WMF will not use the information to identify you.
- If this invitation also appears on other accounts you may have, please complete the survey once only.
- If this has been sent to you in error and you have never patrolled new pages, please ignore it.
Please click HERE to take part.
Many thanks in advance for providing this essential feedback.
You are receiving this invitation because you have patrolled new pages. For more information, please see NPP Survey. Global message delivery 13:39, 26 October 2011 (UTC)
Hello and thanks for raising your concerns about the notability of this page, back in Jan 2008. The tag's still there and I couldn't find enough to remove it or nominate it for deletion. You might want to consider taking it to the Notability noticeboard or AfD to get it sorted one way or another. Best wishes, Boleyn (talk) 19:42, 17 January 2013 (UTC)