|This page is archived by.|
WikiCup 2014: The results
The 2014 WikiCup champion is Godot13 (submissions), who flew the flag of the Smithsonian Institution. This was Godot13's first WikiCup competition and, over the 10 months of the competition, he has produced (among other contributions) two featured lists and an incredible 292 featured pictures, including architectural photographs and scans of historical documents. Cwmhiraeth (submissions), 2012 and 2013 WikiCup champion, came in second, having written a large number of biology-related articles. Casliber (submissions), WikiCup finalist every year since 2010, finished in third.
A full list of our prize-winners follows:
- Godot13 (submissions) wins the prize for first place and the FP prize for 181 featured pictures in the final round.
- Cwmhiraeth (submissions) wins the prize for second place and the DYK prize for 65 did you knows in the final round.
- Casliber (submissions) wins the prize for third place and the FA prize for four featured articles in the final round.
- Czar (submissions) wins the prize for fourth place
- Sturmvogel 66 (submissions) wins a final 8 prize.
- Bloom6132 (submissions) wins a final 8 prize.
- 12george1 (submissions) wins a final 8 prize.
- ChrisGualtieri (submissions) wins the GA prize for 27 good articles in round 2 and the review prize for 28 good article reviews in round 1.
- Caponer (submissions) wins the FL prize for three featured lists in round 2.
- Sven Manguard (submissions) wins the FPo prize his work on featured portals.
- Figureskatingfan (submissions) wins the topic prize for a nine-article featured topic in round 3.
- ThaddeusB (submissions) wins the news prize for 28 in the news articles in round 3.
Congratulations to everyone who has been successful in this year's WikiCup, whether you made it to the final rounds or not, and a particular congratulations to the newcomers to the WikiCup who have participated this year. We warmly invite all of you to sign up for next year's competition. Discussions and polls concerning potential rules changes are also open, and all are welcome to participate. The WikiCup judges will be back in touch over the coming months, and we hope to see you all in the 2014 competition. Until then, it only remains to once again congratulate our worthy winners, and thank all participants for their involvement! If you wish to start or stop receiving this newsletter, please feel free to add or remove yourself from Wikipedia:WikiCup/Newsletter/Send. J Milburn (talk · contribs) The ed17 (talk · contribs) and Miyagawa (talk · contribs) 22:52, 4 November 2014 (UTC)