User talk:Traveling Man
|Manual of Style|
|This page is archived by.|
Meet up with us
There are a few meetups in DC this month, including an edit-a-thon later this month. Check it out:
- On Thursday, May 15 come to our evening WikiSalon at the Cove co-working space in Dupont Circle. If you're available Thursday evening, feel free to join us!
- Or if you prefer a Saturday night dinner gathering, we also have our May Meetup at Capitol City Brewing Company. (Beer! Non-beer things too!)
- You are also invited to the Federal Register edit-a-thon at the National Archives later this month.
Come one, come all!
(To unsubscribe, remove your username here.) 20:21, 10 May 2014 (UTC)
Washington, DC meetups in June
Wikimedia DC has yet another busy month in June. Whether you're a newcomer to Wikipedia or have years of experience, we're happy to see you come. Here's what's coming up:
- On Wednesday, June 11 from 7 to 9 PM come to the WikiSalon at the Cove co-working space. Hang out with Wikipedia enthusiasts!
- Saturday, June 14 is the Frederick County History Edit-a-Thon from 11 AM to 4 PM. Help improve local history on Wikipedia.
- The following Saturday, June 21, is the June Meetup. Dinner and drinks with Wikipedians!
- Come on Tuesday, June 24 for the Wikipedia in Your Library edit-a-thon at GWU on local and LGBT history.
- Last but not least, on Sunday, June 29 we have the Phillips Collection Edit-a-Thon in honor of the Made in America exhibit.
Wikipedia is better with friends, so why not come out to an event?
(To unsubscribe, remove your username here.) 01:41, 31 May 2014 (UTC)
The Great American Wiknic and other events in July
I am pleased to announce our fourth annual picnic, the Great American Wiknic, will take place at Meridian Hill Park in Washington, D.C. on Sunday, July 13 from 1 to 5 PM (rain date: July 20). We will be hanging out by the statue of Dante Alighieri, a statue that was donated to the park in 1921 as a tribute to Italian Americans. Read more about the statue on Wikipedia. If you would like to sign up for the picnic, you can do so here. When signing up, say what you’re going to bring!
July will also feature the second annual Great American Wiknic in Frederick, Maryland. This year’s Frederick picnic will take place on Sunday, July 6 at Baker Park. Sign up here for the Frederick picnic.
We hope to see you at our upcoming events!
(To unsubscribe, remove your username here.) 21:22, 30 June 2014 (UTC)
Battle of Fort Stevens Edit-a-Thon!
Sorry for the last minute update, but our friends at the DC Historical Society have scheduled a Battle of Fort Stevens Edit-a-Thon to commemorate the 150th anniversary of the Civil War battle fought in the District. The event will last from noon to 2 PM on Wednesday, July 30. Hope you can make it!
(To unsubscribe, remove your username here.) 21:17, 23 July 2014 (UTC)