|Welcome to my talk page. Feel free to leave me a message here. To leave a new message, click on the new message link below. Do not leave new messages under old ones. Thanks!|
|Threads older than 90 days may be archived by.|
- 1 Sandbox Cleanup
- 2 Your new article
- 3 Cocoa Na Chocoalate
- 4 A barnstar for you!
- 5 Davido & Babcock
- 6 File:Seyi Shay on Ndani TV.jpg
- 7 Clarion Chukwura
- 8 Wikilinking
- 9 Wikipedia Translations
- 10 Category:year of song.
- 11 Soliciting comment...
- 12 Images in infoboxes
- 13 Updates on MAMA Awards
- 14 Stanley Enow
- 15 Patoranking
- 16 Thanks for the barnstar!
- 17 D'banj
- 18 Comment from IP User
- 19 D'banj
Good day Versace, I want to concentrate on creating biographical article from now on and I want to use my sandbox in achieving this, but I am having a little challenge cleaning it up because of an AFC article I created earlier. Do you have any idea how I could resolve this issue? Darreg (talk) 08:16, 15 April 2014 (UTC)
- I have removed the afc info from the page. You need to move the page into your sandbox. To do this, click the "move" link and select "user". Gave a reason for your action and select "move page". Versace1608 (Talk) 11:46, 15 April 2014 (UTC)
Your new article
- @EmilyREditor: Thank you so much. I appreciate the kind words. Keep up the great work also. Versace1608 (Talk) 05:47, 18 April 2014 (UTC)
Cocoa Na Chocoalate
I just listened to "Cocoa Na Chocolate dbanj" song and I really loved it. Is there an article for it on Wikipedia?
Do you think a site with a .blogspot domain name can ever be notable on wikipedia? I mean is using blogspot an automatic disqualification on wikipedia.
PS: As you know quite well there is always no light in Nigeria and my system will go off any moment from now so I might not be able to reply till God touches the heart of NEPA or I get fuel. lolDarreg (talk) 23:45, 18 April 2014 (UTC)
- LMAO. Will NEPA ever change? I missed the good old days. Always keep fuel for you generator. I don't thing that a website with a .blogSpot domain will ever be considered notable. BlogSpots are self published sources. The new song featuring D'banj and others does not have a Wikipedia page. If reliable sources are available for the song, it should be notable enough to have a stand alone article. Versace1608 (Talk) 23:53, 18 April 2014 (UTC)
A barnstar for you!
|The Tireless Contributor Barnstar|
|I think this is long overdue! Good job on your music related articles. Please don't be discouraged :) Jamie Tubers (talk) 21:11, 22 April 2014 (UTC)|
I appreciate the barnstar Tubers. Thank you so much! I am not discourage bro. There are too many articles that I have to create. I can't allow one incident discourage me. Thanks for the words of encouragement. Versace1608 (Talk) 23:11, 22 April 2014 (UTC)
Davido & Babcock
Hello. I can state authoritatively that Davido is still a Backcock University Student and he is due for graduation this year (even though he has been to classes only once this semester). To the best of my knowledge about the meaning of an Alumni, it should only apply to people that at a time attended a university but are no longer a student. If someone is still a student that person CANNOT also be an alumni at the same time. I suggest that if you cannot find any source that claims that he has dropped out or that he has graduated then he should be removed as an alumni of the school. thanks. Darreg (talk) 11:30, 27 April 2014 (UTC)
- @Darreg: You need to provide a source that authoritatively states that Davido still attends Babcock Univeristy. When Eruditescholar added the "Babcock University alumni" category to the article, I removed it and left a note on his talk page. I thought that alumni only meant students who graduated. I didn't know that alumni applied to former students of an educational institution. Davido has been focus on music for a while. Does he have time to balance his career and school? In an interview, he said that he was taking classes part time at Babcock. That interview was conducted a year or two ago. Versace1608 (Talk)
- I will remove it, but let me add that the MTV Base reference currently being used as a source in the article was written years ago. I watched an interview he did with Factory 78 TV, where he said that he is currently taking part time classes at Babcock. That interview was conducted two years ago. I doubt that he is still taking classes at Babcock. Davido has been touring and performing all over the place. He has been putting out big hits. I don't know how someone can do all that and still find time to take part time classes. I also asked Darreg to provide a source to support his claim of Davido's upcoming walk down the academia aisle. Versace1608 (Talk) 11:46, 17 May 2014 (UTC)
- You are very right! But by wiki standards, we cannot assume for him. Wizkid dropped out of school and it was all over the media...if Davido doesn't wanna make his school issh a public knowledge, then so be it. It's better if his article rather not mention anything about his school, since we are not sure of anything YET. And to think the info is being disputed by one or more editor(s), then it's better removed. You did well!--Jamie Tubers (talk) 20:19, 17 May 2014 (UTC)
- I concur with your statements. One more thing, I remember leaving a note on Eruditescholar's talk page when he added the category to the article. I removed it from the article, but decided to add it back to the article because I misunderstood the meaning of alumni. Anyways, I'm glad that this has been resolved. Versace1608 (Talk) 22:33, 17 May 2014 (UTC)
File:Seyi Shay on Ndani TV.jpg
Hi there. Often free images cannot be found online. Here it has long been the consensus that that is not sufficient to allow hosting a non-free image as Seyi Shay is alive, a free image could be taken of here, or someone who has already taken an image of here could be convinced to release it under a free license. Both of these are less likely if the article is populated with a non-free image which is what lead to point #1 in Wikipedia:Non-free_content#Images_2 where it is deemed unacceptable us to host non-free images of (almost all) living people - Peripitus (Talk) 01:22, 4 May 2014 (UTC)
- @Peripitus: Got it! Thanks for clarifying things. I will nominate it for speedy deletion. Versace1608 (Talk) 01:36, 4 May 2014 (UTC)
I actually planned on expanding the article more in due time, I left so many things out and tried to concentrate on the most important. I actually never knew they were related until recently. I am currently having a civil disagreement regarding the age of Tamara Eteimo on its talk page. Since you are very familiar with both me and User_Talk:Stanleytux, I don't think it is against Wikipedia guidelines if you drop a comment on the talk page, your input will be much appreciated (at least from my end). Darreg (talk) 20:50, 5 May 2014 (UTC)
- Going by wikipedia's standard in terms of reliability, there is nothing on that BON website that can be considered to be more accurate and reliable than the The Tide which is a notable news media in Nigeria. By the way, how are we sure that BON is a magazine in Nigeria. Has this mag received any significant coverage in reliable sources? The website doesn't even say anything about it being a magazine on its About section and even if it did it still won't matter without two or three significant independent coverage by reliable medias. Can't sit and just talk, he needs to support his claims with reliable sources. Stanleytux (talk) 21:37, 5 May 2014 (UTC)
Hi, and thanks for your work on the English Wikipedia.
I noticed an article you worked on. Just a short note to point out that we don’t normally link:
- commonly known geographical terms (including well-known country-names), and
- common terms you’d look up in a dictionary (unless significantly technical).
This applies to infoboxes, too.
Thanks, and my best wishes.
- @Tony1: Thanks for the heads up. I will avoid overlinking infoboxes. I used reflinks to cite the entire article, and that's why the dates you corrected were in that format. Versace1608 (Talk) 11:56, 14 May 2014 (UTC)
While working on Africa Movie Academy Award for Best Film I noticed that the French Wikipedia alone contained several articles that I wanted to Wikilink, I am just wondering why there are no bots that translates these articles to English since notability is constant across all languages. Darreg (talk) 12:10, 22 May 2014 (UTC)
- If there is a french version for this article, you can link it to this article by clicking the add link option under Languages. As far as translations goes, most web browsers give users the option to translate articles that are not in English. I know for a fact that translating an article and copying/pasting the translated content to create the same article in a different language is not permitted on Wikipedia. Every article on Wikipedia ought to be written from scratch. Versace1608 (Talk) 12:31, 22 May 2014 (UTC)
Category:year of song.
Hi! Would you care to review or comment/vote (support/oppose) at my FA nomination for the article New York Dolls (album)? Information on reviewing an FA nomination's criteria is available at WP:FACR. If not, feel free to ignore this message. Cheers! Dan56 (talk) 04:10, 30 May 2014 (UTC)
- @Dan56: Greetings Dan56, thanks for reaching out. I have never reviewed any article on Wikipedia. Please gave me a day or two to read the article and leave an input on its talk page. I'd love to review the album article, but can't because my focus is on creating articles. I probably will dedicate time to reviewing in the near future. Versace1608 (Talk) 10:32, 30 May 2014 (UTC)
Images in infoboxes
|image_size= parameter in templates based on Template:Infobox person should normally be left blank. See Template:Infobox person/doc#Parameters for details. I have restored Iyanya's
|image_size= to blank. davidwr/(talk)/(contribs) 03:50, 31 May 2014 (UTC)
- Thanks for the information. I added the image size parameter because for some odd reason, the size of the image was reduced. I noticed this yesterday. I don't know if Wikipedia is updating the look of the infobox. Looks like things are back to normal now. Versace1608 (Talk) 04:03, 31 May 2014 (UTC)
Updates on MAMA Awards
I noticed how spontaneous you were in updating the winners of the MAMA Awards, I am just curious, is there MTV Base in the US? or does the worldwide MTV also show the MAMA Awards? because I know it was not streamed online. Darreg (talk) 07:17, 8 June 2014 (UTC)
- I didn't watch the MAMAs. There's no MTV Base in America, and the MTV in the states didn't show it. I was basically using updates from Twitter to update the article. If you saw the awards, can you help fill out the song section. I know that Miguel performed his hit "Adorn", and Davido performed "Aye". I also saw pictures of Ladysmith Black Mambazo performing. Apart from these three, I don't know who else performed. I hope the awards were organized in terms of starting on time. We don't utilize time in Africa very well. I've read articles where people complained about The Headies and Ghana Music Awards. Versace1608 (Talk) 09:57, 8 June 2014 (UTC)
- You really missed o. In terms of organisation it was the best award show I have watched in a very long time. SA always gets it right in organizing events. I was too carried away by the thrills of the show and I don't think I can even remember all the people that performed but the high point of the performances for me was when a group of traditional vocalist remixed Dbanj's Oliver Twist song. Dbanj also had a duet with Trey Songz. I also know Klhoe Kardashian accompanied her boo French Montana to SA for his performance. By next week, there will be many articles on the show all over the internet. By then we should be able to get verified information on the performances. Darreg (talk) 13:02, 8 June 2014 (UTC)
|The following is a closed debate. Please do not modify it.|
Hi there, who are you please? I recently did some changes on Stanely Enow's page which you have removed. The information you have there are incorrect and I would really not like to have the page up with all those incorrect information. I am his PR and I have people already asking me about the incorrect information. Please get back to me as I have no idea how to use this Wiki Talk Page. Thanks ModeMaisonPR (talk) 00:16, 10 June 2014 (UTC)
Please could you revert the changes I made to the personal data on the page. I thought you were to do it straight away. It is embarrassing to see those mistakes on there. Stanley Enow is not from the West region, his alias is Bayangi boy and not with a "u", there are also some grammatical errors I corrected. His name should be Stanley Ebai Enow. You dont see the other stars start their page with their surnames! This is common in Cameroon to appear on our documents but it is not like that internationally especially on personal pages. What prove do you need? If you cant make these changes until I provide back up, please take the page down. It is rather embarrassing for us to have this up. Thanks ModeMaisonPR (talk) 06:33, 10 June 2014 (UTC)
Hello, I am not sure why I cannot amend where Stanley is from. On his official wensite page it states he is "born and raised" in the west region but not that he is a "native" of the west region. He is called Bayangi boy because he is from the Bayangi tribe found precisely in Manyu in the South West region of Cameroon. It is rather embarrassing for us that such an important information is written incorrectly. I have even had people query that with me and as his PR, it does not look good. Our names in Cameroon typically dictate our origins and "Ebai Enow" are typically Bayangi names. Please verify this on google or advise me on what I need to do. Thanks ModeMaisonPR (talk) 15:46, 10 June 2014 (UTC)
"This is what many Africans don't understand" is a rather presumptuous statement from your part. So are you the one to come and educate us on how we should view our origins? If in your culture it is understood differently in ours it is different thank you very much. We are a native of where our ancestry lie not our birthplace. Saying he is a westerner takes it away from his mum and dad who are proud south westerners. In any case, enough of the toing and froing here is a link to Stanley's updated website. Please amend to reflect this. http://stanleyenowofficial.com/bio/ Thank you very much ModeMaisonPR (talk) 18:17, 10 June 2014 (UTC)
- I agree bro. I listened to his music and felt in love with it. He has been dropping hits lately. Hopefully Nigerians support him. Versace1608 (Talk) 23:00, 28 June 2014 (UTC)
Thanks for the barnstar!
Hi Versace1608, I've seen your work and it's very good. I'm new to Wikipedia and I'd also like assistance in expansion of some of my articles. Which articles are you working on now? Please consider creating one for the Nigerian artist, Skales. I will help expand if necessary! — Preceding unsigned comment added by Faux Ville (talk • contribs) 02:50, 2 July 2014 (UTC)
- @Faux Ville: Welcome to Wikipedia. I am working on articles for Becca and Toya Delazy's Due Drop. I am also looking forward to expanding the Zahara and Mafikizolo articles. I can help you with expanding the articles you're working on. Collaborating and building a better Wikipedia is the very essence of Wikipedia. Versace1608 (Talk) 04:06, 2 July 2014 (UTC)
- As for the Skales article, I will get back to you on that. If Skales has received significant coverage in reliable sources, I should be able to create an article for him. Wikipedia is all about notability. You will come across the word "notable" a lot on here. Versace1608 (Talk) 04:09, 2 July 2014 (UTC)
User talk:Versace1608 - I tried to update some more info on d'banj wiki but i noticed it was deleted.Could you please add more info to his wiki because the present one is not good enough for an international artist like him.Most of his major moves has not been updated well. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Issyharr (talk • contribs) 09:27, 9 July 2014 (UTC)
- @Issyharr: I understand your frustrations. D'banj's article should either be a good or featured article at best. I know you've tried expanding the article, but the contents you added were highly promotional. You can't use promotional words when writing articles on Wikipedia. Wikipedia articles should not be read like advertisements. If you want to help expand the D'banj article, you should try to find reliable sources to backup content you add. I will try to add information to the article when I have time. At the moment, I am working on creating and expanding other articles. Versace1608 (Talk) 14:02, 9 July 2014 (UTC)
Comment from IP User
i want ypo to write my page do i pay
- @126.96.36.199: I am a Wikipedia volunteer and we do not get paid for the work we do. See WP:VOLUNTEER for more info. Since you're not allow to write your page, I suppose I could help you. What's your name? Are you notable? Only notable topics are included on Wikipedia. Not anyone can have a biographical page on Wikipedia. For more info about Wikipedia's notability, see WP:GNG and WP:ANYBIO. Versace1608 (Talk) 23:07, 9 July 2014 (UTC)
Hello Versace1608, i think you should add more info to d'banj's page.. for example.. His business venture, love life with Genevieve, more stories on the mohit break up,and all his major endorsement.I think you should also make changes to the picture and put up a recent one. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 01:18, 10 July 2014 (UTC)
- @184.108.40.206: Like I said earlier, I will expand the article when I have time. I have tons of articles that I need to work on. His business venture and endorsements can ben expanded. His "love life" with Genevieve is trivial to say the least; there's not much there. As for the Mo Hits breakup, that should be expanded in the Mo' Hits Records article. Do not get discourage from editing Wikipedia. The African entertainment scene needs more editors. My advice to you is: Do not write in a promotional tone. You can't use words that glorify D'banj. Wikipedia is not the place to glorify and idolize people. It is rather an encyclopedia. As editors, we are responsible for reporting on him, not glorifying him. I hope you understand now. Last but not least, always add references to everything you add. If you do not add reliable sources to the information you add, you are failing to establish notability. Versace1608 (Talk) 01:39, 10 July 2014 (UTC)
- @220.127.116.11: I Forgot to comment on adding pictures to Wikipedia. Wikipedians (or those who edit Wikipedia) can't just upload images of D'banj they see on the internet. Images uploaded onto Wikipedia must be licensed freely under WP:CC BY-SA and WP:FDL. Fair use rationales must be provided for all other images that are not freely licensed. If you come across a picture of D'banj you'd like to see get uploaded onto Wikipedia, you'll need to contact the copyright owner and ask them to license the picture under one of the aforementioned licenses. On the contrary, if you own the copyrights to a picture of D'banj you'd love to see get added, you can upload the image yourself. While uploading the image(s), make sure you license the image under one or both of the licenses mentioned. Versace1608 (Talk) 02:10, 10 July 2014 (UTC)