To leave me a new message, please click HERE.
Hi, I tagged Template:85th Academy Awards/doc and 85th Academy Awards/doc for speedy deletion. I hope I'm not side-stepping through the deletion process, but I'm wondering if you can delete the articles right away? Thanks. — Andy W. (talk · contrib) 16:42, 10 January 2013 (UTC)
- Looks like it was mostly taken care of already, I cleaned up a stray page. --Versageek 17:51, 10 January 2013 (UTC)
Deleting pages unnessesserily
|Congratulations, you've deleted pages unnessesserily. Eebsemaj (talk) 17:36, 13 January 2013 (UTC)
- Actually, it was necessary to delete that page as it was located in the main article space, not in your userspace. I see you have since recreated it in your user space, where it should be. --Versageek 18:48, 13 January 2013 (UTC)
I found him in an article after I had created the page. That is why I put the speedy tag on it. Sniffy dab page links to the artist now.--Canoe1967 (talk) 00:46, 15 January 2013 (UTC)
Hello. I am fairly new to Wikipedia editing. I have used it as a "regular user" for quite some time though.
Hypothetically, if you nominate your own article for AfD, after you realize it may not be notable enough or cannot find any significant reliable sources, are you required to tell yourself (on your own Talk page) that your article has been nominated for deletion? Because it seems a little silly to tell somebody about an AfD if you are the person nominating your own article for AfD.
Thanks. --Carrot Lord (talk) 02:28, 16 January 2013 (UTC)
- If you are the only author and want it deleted, you can use CSD:G7. If you prefer to use AfD, it isn't necessary to notify yourself. Some of the scripted tools like WP:TWINKLE do the notifications automatically. --Versageek 14:27, 16 January 2013 (UTC)
- Okay, thank you for the information. --Carrot Lord (talk) 19:27, 17 January 2013 (UTC)
http://indian.travel/tourism has information from Ministry of Tourism gathered information from 1947. Please add only if you feel revelant ..i know many like to spam this page. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Ebinv2 (talk • contribs) 06:58, 19 January 2013 (UTC)
Is the page Jose Mas under editing review, or was it deleted altogether?
UofMBookworm — Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 01:18, 23 January 2013 (UTC)
- It was moved here: Wikipedia_talk:Articles_for_creation/Jose_Mas --Versageek 01:40, 23 January 2013 (UTC)
I don't understand how the Yehiel Bar stub I started could possibly be an A7 case. This person had just got into the Knesset (the Israeli parliment), which means that he qualifies under the criterion of "members or former members of a national, state or provincial legislature" (WP:BIO#Politicians #1). Although the results aren't completely final yet, he ran in the list of the Labor Party as #6, and the party currently is getting 15 people. Although it may still drop by 1, there is no way it will drop by 10, which would be necessary fopr this person not to get in. עוד מישהו Od Mishehu 05:38, 24 January 2013 (UTC)
- Unfortunately, the article consisted of only an infobox, which didn't convey (to me - someone unfamiliar with Israeli politics) that he met any criteria. I restored the page & moved it to your userspace - please add some narrative. --Versageek 05:46, 24 January 2013 (UTC)
- If you would have followed the links on the page (including a link to Israeli legislative election, 2013), you would have seen that my infobox was a claim to the criterion I mentioned above. עוד מישהו Od Mishehu 05:59, 24 January 2013 (UTC)
- And you should probably never A7-delete an article with an interwiki link without first asking a user who speaks the other language, as some times the other language can clearly show the notability. עוד מישהו Od Mishehu 06:07, 24 January 2013 (UTC)
- Points taken - I'll keep them in mind in the future. --Versageek 17:30, 24 January 2013 (UTC)
Hi, I'm something of a wiki spaz in that I use it to find stuff. Very useful indeed. However, I have created an online business and thought i would create a page on wiki (as most businesses tend to do). I appear to have fallen foul of the rules though and apparently you pulled my (admittedly p*ss poor) attempt at creating a wiki page.
I'm happy to follow the rules, of course. But how do I go about creating a page about me and my online business which DOESN'T fall foul of the rules.
Any help, gratefully received. — Preceding unsigned comment added by SkillsnetworkNI (talk • contribs) 19:50, 25 January 2013 (UTC)
- Please read WP:CORP. If your company meets our notability requirements, you shouldn't have any issues creating an article for it. --Versageek 19:55, 25 January 2013 (UTC)
Versageek, I just proposed that we move price comparison service to comparison shopping engine. I noticed you've been involved with the page before, so you may want to join the discussion. Take care! —Neil 07:55, 3 February 2013 (UTC)
A barnstar for you!
||The Anti-Vandalism Barnstar
|Good Job Reverting Vandalism! Bobherry talk 01:18, 10 February 2013 (UTC)
content farms and XLinkBot
Wikipedia is such a big place . . . which is my lame excuse for my lack of familiarity with XLinkBot. The latter has been amicably and I think knowledgably put forward as a far better way of dealing with the (perhaps well intended, though still deleterious) addition of links to "sources" (dubious material, thrown together in a rush by un(der)paid hacks) in "content farms" than the method I proposed. Maybe in part because my own proposal keeps changing, as people present new ideas. Anyway, there's a (splendidly civil) discussion here; may I invite you to take a look and perhaps toss in a comment of your own? -- Hoary (talk) 01:53, 11 February 2013 (UTC)
Hi! I've assigned you an OTRS ticket - can you take a look at it? Thanks! --Rschen7754 10:26, 4 March 2013 (UTC)
Cyber Bullying on Dutch Wikipedia web site
Versageek, I would like to know why you removed that comment from the Cyber Bullying page as people should be aware of what goes on there and the consequences this might have? If somebody commits suicide there it will be on your head as you have removed the warning! 188.8.131.52 (talk) 11:35, 1 April 2013 (UTC)
- I don't know enough about your experience on the Dutch Wikipedia to comment on the situation, but I can say with 100% certainty that the place to register a complaint about it is NOT in an article on the English Wikipedia. --Versageek 16:16, 1 April 2013 (UTC)
Hi! Your bot removed a few links from Gong Nui to Wikia and to Baidu Baike. I don't know why the links were removed, but I'm not convinced that the sources are reliable, so I don't oppose the removal. However, there appears to be a character encoding bug when quoting the URL to Wikia in the edit summary. Could you look into this? --Stefan2 (talk) 16:55, 7 April 2013 (UTC)
There are growing concerns that Amiram Goldblum is himself editing the article about him. He has two accounts: User:Rastiniak and User:רסטיניאק. Take a look at the this sockpuppet investigation. Also, read the following discussion. רסטיניאק has removed the POV tag from the article twice so far: 1 and 2. While I don't find this subject particularly interesting, I'm alarmed by the fact that Goldblum is fighting tooth and nail to get users who question the neutrality of his article to get blocked. I request you to help us determine whether the two accounts indeed belong to Goldblum. Nataev (talk) 11:33, 13 May 2013 (UTC)
- Please note that Nataev (talk · contribs) is posting this item on the talk pages of > a dozen admins. It might be instructive to investigate more deeply via his contribs as to why he is doing this -- I suggest that it has to do with his right-wing (Israeli) sympathies and his desire to smear Goldblum for being a leftist (on which ). Nomoskedasticity (talk) 11:40, 13 May 2013 (UTC)
- Here we go again. This is the first time I have asked for help from a user who has access to CheckUser. Now Nomoskedasticity himself is calling me names. I don't know much about left-right politics. I have no interest about subjects related to Israel either. My sole problem is that Amiram Goldblum has written the entire article about himself. If doing so is acceptable on Wikipedia, then I have no problems with it. Nataev (talk) 11:46, 13 May 2013 (UTC)
External link in "Sperm_donation" was removed
I added a sperm donor index website link to "Sperm_donation" article as it's related and relevant to the subject. I was wondering why did you revert this update 184.108.40.206 (talk) 15:22, 24 May 2013 (UTC)
- Wikipedia is not a collection of links nor a web directory. --Versageek 16:56, 24 May 2013 (UTC)
Hello. I understand you deleted my article about Emma Blackery, I have read why and understand it a little. So I will just have to improve my article and re-publish it when I have fully completed it, my apologies.
However, since I can't access the editing history of the article now, is it possible that you can send me the written information that I wrote so I can improve for your future? I would deeply appreciate it. --Moonschool (talk) 07:34, 6 June 2013 (UTC)
- I have emailed the content to you. Please review our general notability guidelines before re-posting. --Versageek 13:37, 6 June 2013 (UTC)
Petroleum Warfare Department
I thought that you might like to know that I have moved my Petroleum Warfare Department article to the main space. It has, as you have noticed, been in my user space for some time. The article is now nominated for DYK. Gaius Cornelius (talk) 14:47, 7 June 2013 (UTC)
Unexplained checkuser block
You have blocked MB MrTV (talk · contribs) and TheXMedia (talk · contribs) and possibly others. I have an OTRS ticket in front of me claiming that they (as well as "TV emory", unregistered) are unrelated. Are they related? Reply by email if required. Thanks. ~Amatulić (talk) 22:49, 12 June 2013 (UTC)
- Check your email. On-wiki details here.--Versageek 23:32, 12 June 2013 (UTC)
xlinkbot does not assume good faith
Hey, my understanding is:
1) wiki editors should assume good faith 2) wiki in general is losing editors and newcomers find it frustrating to edit because their work is so quickly reverted.
Enter xlinkbot which
1) Assumes bad faith 2) Reverts edits 3) Points the user to a dense thicket of wiki policies to explain away what it has done
This isn't some sort of anti-wiki-poebot? — Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 23:37, 14 June 2013 (UTC)
XLinkBot down (I think?)
Hey Versageek :). XLinkBot appears to be down - or at least, hasn't made any edits in 2 days. Any idea what's happening? Okeyes (WMF) (talk) 11:48, 19 June 2013 (UTC)
What's Wrong What My Curtis Paradis Page?
Why Do You Think Curtis Paradis Is Not Important? He Has Almost 200K Subscribers On YouTube And Has Won A Shorty Award. Please Tell Me Why You Deleted My Curtis Paradis Page, I Need To Know. Thank You, TylerJamesMackey (talk) 19:48, 22 June 2013 (UTC)TylerJamesMackey
The image description reads: The primaries of the transformers are connected in a "Y" configuration, with one side of each winding connected to the primary phase wires (top) through fused cutouts and the other sides connected together and grounded. Shouldn't it read: ... delta configuration with the two sides of each winding connected to two of the three primary phase wires ? As you can see in the image, each primary phase is connected to two of the three transformers. -- Juergen 18.104.22.168 (talk)
- You clearly know more about the configuration than I do, I just took the picture. Feel free to correct the description on the image page. --Versageek 19:15, 9 July 2013 (UTC)
I am new with the Better Bladder Center here in Winter Haven. I was trying to work my way around Wikipedia, I was deleted already and was just trying to find my way around. Could you please let me know why I was deleted. I am trying to form an informational page. — Preceding unsigned comment added by BetterBladders (talk • contribs)
- Please read our notability guidelines for businesses. If you do wish to continue to edit, you should probably abandon this username and create one which isn't the name of your company. --Versageek 19:15, 9 July 2013 (UTC)
2nd Annual Wikimedia New England General Meeting
You are invited to the 2nd Annual Wikimedia New England General Meeting, on 20 July 2013 in Boston! We will be talking about the future of the chapter, including GLAM, Wiki Loves Monuments, and where we want to take our chapter in the future! EdwardsBot (talk) 09:16, 16 July 2013 (UTC)
Drogaria São Paulo
Hi Versageek, besides G5, one of the reasons I nominated it is that perhaps of the other edits have been socks of the creating sock. If an article is significantly developed by non-socks, I don't nominate them.--I am One of Many (talk) 22:03, 16 July 2013 (UTC)
Hi. Two editors are advocating for the exclusion of any mention in the Zeitgeist: The Movie article that Peter Joseph, the creator of that film has stated publicly that words attributed to him in a story cited as a source in the article misquoted him, and that he has not distanced himself from the ideas expressed in that film, as that cited source indicates. I have responded to their arguments, but neither of them has responded directly to my counterarguments, but simply repeat the same statements of theirs over and over. Myself and one other editor disagree with them, so two editors are for the material's inclusion, and two are for its exclusion, with no sign of consensus in sight. Can you please offer your viewpoint in the discussion so that we can achieve consensus? Thanks. Nightscream (talk) 01:18, 22 July 2013 (UTC)
A bowl of strawberries for you!
Possible Sockpuppetry on the part of JPaulm2/Unionvillian
Hi, Versageek, you are listed as a CheckUser, and we have an odd situation wrt the Unionville, Ontario article, that we would appreciate help with. Over the space of a bit over a year, an unregistered user has been making changes to this article, basically pushing a view of the boundaries and history of this village which differs from that of the various historical societies here. Some of the changes were strange, and always showed misspellings, bad grammar, etc. I took it upon myself to get the article vetted by the Unionville Historical Society, and we finally got a version that they accepted - when we could get it to hold still long enough to read! We then got the article semi-protected, which slowed him or her down a bit. In May of this year a registered user called Unionvillian showed up, promoting the same agenda. He or she managed to get him/herself blocked for varying amounts of time, and has been appealing plaintively, which appeals seem to have all been declined. A new ID has now shown up called JPaulm2, again promoting the same agenda - which ID coincidentally is my ID with a '2' attached. Now his middle name may be Paul, and his first name may be John or James, but I suspect him of sockpuppetry, and it would be great if we could compare the IP addresses of Unionvillian and JPaulm2 (*not* JPaulm - that's me - I know where I am!). Many thanks in advance. Jpaulm (talk) 20:55, 6 August 2013 (UTC)
- Your suspicions were well founded. I was inclined to block the JPaulm2 account for impersonation, but since the CheckUser tool confirmed sockpuppetry, I blocked for that instead. I also extended Unionvillian's block and left him a note. --Versageek 21:52, 6 August 2013 (UTC)
- Many thanks for your prompt action. I don't know why he thought that this new ID was a smart thing to do - I might not have noticed if he had picked a different ID! Thanks again! Jpaulm (talk) 02:25, 7 August 2013 (UTC)
- Sorry to bother you again, but Unionvillian appears to be becoming slightly irrational. If you could take a look at the last 2 paras in https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Unionvillian (my comment and his unsigned one), you can see that he is now accusing me of hacking his computer - as if I knew how! I am not sure if I should be worried... He is not telling the truth about not inviting him to UVA and URA meetings - we have done so several times. Can anything be done? This is absurd and a complete waste of everyone's time. Thanks in advance for anything you can do. Jpaulm (talk) 02:11, 15 August 2013 (UTC)
- Interesting: Unionvillian has deleted the two paras I mentioned, and restored a lot of "block" messages that he deleted earlier. Looks like he was monitoring your talk page. I guess we are communicating... in an indirect sort of way! Thanks. Jpaulm (talk) 14:48, 15 August 2013 (UTC)
- I'm getting paranoid! Another user has appeared since Aug. 21, modifying all the same town articles as Unionvillian and the previous unregistered user. This one calls him or herself Markham1 - he/she would be stupid to use the same IP address as last time, but I feel it would be worth checking for sockpuppetry... Also, on Aug. 18, Unionvillian again deleted almost 5000 characters from his User Talk page about being blocked and appeals to reverse it, etc. I guess, he's within his rights, but it still seems a bit strange! Jpaulm (talk) 20:34, 25 August 2013 (UTC)
- Yup, I'm pretty sure Markham1 is the same person - s/he is being cautious so far, but seems to have the same hangups as the last few characters. Some of the info seems valid, but we have effectively frozen the article, so s/he should really check out any changes to the article with the various village associations before going ahead and making them.. Unfortunately, it is just too easy to make changes to WP! Jpaulm (talk) 20:02, 11 September 2013 (UTC)
- Markham1 is apparently the same person as Jpaulm2, whom you banned, and Unionvillian before that. Same hangups, same changes, same persistence! Don't know if it's the same IP address, but it's got to be the same person! This is pretty irritating! Argggh! Jpaulm (talk) 15:41, 23 September 2013 (UTC)
- Yup, Markham1 is definitely a sock puppet of Unionvillian, JPaulm2, etc. If you look at the history of Unionville, Ont., it becomes very clear! The population of Unionville fluctuates between 30,000 and 80,000! Hope no poor soul is trying to do research for a term paper or something! Can we just lock the page, or give ownership to one individual? Just wondering... :-) Jpaulm (talk) 00:20, 12 October 2013 (UTC)
Restoring Triple Page
Any Way to restore the Triple rapper page that was deleted a few months back? i have new sources — Preceding unsigned comment added by Ylevy (talk • contribs) 20:32, 13 August 2013 (UTC)
- I have advised Ylevy to read WP:MUSICBIO and WP:YFA and make a userspace draft to show you. JohnCD (talk) 11:33, 14 August 2013 (UTC)
American Muslim Health Professionals
Is there any way I can continue to Edit the "American Muslim Health Professionals" Page. It has been deleted for copyright information purposes and I would like to go ahead and remove the copyright information.
Thank you Ndaa
Ndaa Hassan (talk) 17:21, 21 August 2013 (UTC)
- I can't restore a page which contains copyright violations. I suggest that you create a new page without the offending material. --Versageek 17:57, 21 August 2013 (UTC)
Barcelona Rentals Vacation
Dear friend, I did my first post, I have worked hard and I will really like it stay in wikipedia. It is Barcelona Rentals Vacation Can you please help me correct whatever is wrong for wikipedia? I cannot see yet if there is something wrong about it. I am not employee or owner of that company in Barcelona Spain. It happens that I have used their services which are very good and worth it to be mentioned. also they are part of airbnb which is a company with a nice article in wikipedia. Thanks for your help!. Frante Camar (talk) 16:33, 24 August 2013 (UTC)Frante Camar
Getting all external links in "real-time"
Hi, I'm Vinay Goel, data engineer at the Internet Archive. We're starting to work on a web archiving project where we crawl external links from Wikipedia articles at the time they're made (so near real time). Looking at the Recent Changes feed, it looks like I'd need to parse the 'diff' page to find any new links, or in the case of 'new' pages, parse the new page to find all external links. I was referred to you and Beestra by legoktm (from #mediawiki freenode IRC). legoktm mentioned that you maintain a spam watching bot that extracts out new outgoing links from pages on an ongoing basis and it'd be great to piggyback of the list you generate.
Can you help me gain access to this list?
Update: Generating this list at our end. Thanks! — Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 07:00, 13 September 2013 (UTC)
Thanks, 126.96.36.199 (talk) 20:20, 5 September 2013 (UTC)Vinay Goel
I am new to Wikipedia
Please l'm an amateur user of Wikipedia but want to create an article for a company in my country. Please help — Preceding unsigned comment added by Marthyn Phrytz (talk • contribs) 21:37, 25 September 2013 (UTC)
Thank you for your revert of the Genderqueer article
I have reported the IP address in Administrator's Noticeboard/Incidents. Would you please support me there? I would greatly appreciate it.-Rainbowofpeace (talk) 00:54, 16 October 2013 (UTC)
Never mind thank you.-Rainbowofpeace (talk) 01:11, 16 October 2013 (UTC)
xLinkBot no longer running since Oct 10th
Which is 8 days ago, according to this. Can you please turn it back on? That's about 800 reverts it has missed, since it usually catches over a hundred a day. Btw, Dirk's userpage says he is currently on wikibreak, something about frustration at arbcom decisions, maybe the infoboxen thing although he didn't specify (that's just a guess... could be I'm projecting *my* infoboxen frustration his way). Thanks for your help. p.s. Of course, maybe xLinkBot is out of service for maintenance purposes, in which case, maybe put up a note on the xLinkBot userpage or talkpage to avoid additional false alarms. 188.8.131.52 (talk) 00:29, 19 October 2013 (UTC)
New England Wikipedia Day @ MIT: Saturday Jan 18
(You can unsubscribe from future notifications for Boston-area events by removing your name from this list.)
would it not have been easier all round if you had simply removed the link in my edit, thus highlighting my error instead of removing my edit altogther !? — Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) 10:54, 13 January 2014 (UTC)
Please let me know why you deleted the changes I made to Awning. I had difficulty uploading the pic. Was that the reason you deleted my edits? I uploaded again without the pic All I want to do is help. I have 28 years experience with awnings — Preceding unsigned comment added by Retractableawningsdotcom (talk • contribs) 01:12, 28 January 2014 (UTC)
External Links on Sleeve Gastrectomy Article
A user named "Brightmom" is adding external links sections with inappropriate links. Those links are promotional not knowledgable. They are not adding anything other than promotional links. I have reverted the edit. Please look into this and take necessary steps. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Grandfinale (talk • contribs) 19:29, 6 February 2014 (UTC)
Around 8 months ago you removed my Emma Blackery page but I have tried to edit it so it meets the criteria for Wikipedia.
Any chance you can give it a quick view to see if it meets the correct criteria?
--Moonschool (talk) 19:50, 21 February 2014 (UTC)
You're invited: Women's History Edit-a-thons in Massachusetts this March
|Women's History Edit-a-thons in Massachusetts this March - You are invited!
||New England Wikimedians is excited to announce a series of Wikipedia edit-a-thons that will be taking place at colleges and universities throughout Massachusetts as part of Wikiwomen's History Month from March 1 - March 31. We encourage you to join in an edit-a-thon near you, or to participate remotely if you are unable to attend in person (for the full list of articles, click here). Events are currently planned for the cities/towns of Boston, Northampton, South Hadley, and Cambridge. Further information on dates and locations can be found on our user group page.
Questions? Contact Girona7 (talk)
American Bulldog: Revision as of 22:07, 12 July 2013
i find this particular article more educating visually because of the images differentiating Standard strain and the Bully strain of the American Bulldog that as of now, there was a revision made to the article and the images were removed.
I understand to speed up loading pages, images must be lessened. However today's generation would be able to learn more by presenting the breeds' physical differences in this case the Standard and Bully strains of the American Bulldog.
I would humbly propose that the revision as of 22:07, 12 July 2013 must replace the current article for the American Bulldog posted by USER:Tikuko . For the reason that revisions to the article was unneccessary and will not help readers to understand more about the breed. The revision made did not add value to the article itself.
thank you for your time. Wikiuser — Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 12:01, 28 February 2014 (UTC)