- 1 The Bugle: Issue LVI, October 2010
- 2 Monmouth Troy railway station
- 3 The Bugle: Issue LVII, November 2010
- 4 Nomination for deletion of Template:Expand
- 5 Christmas mottos and a note to self to spell determined correctly next time when acting like a bot
- 6 WikiProject Dacia
- 7 Hi
- 8 The Bugle: Issue LVIII, December 2010
- 9 Taff Vale template
- 10 The Bugle: Volume LVIX, January 2011
- 11 Curves added to RDT's
- 12 The Bugle: Issue LX, February 2011
- 13 Hello from MOTD
- 14 Dacian Draco
- 15 MOTD's State of Emergency + 1st of May's Motto
- 16 The Bugle: Issue LXI, March 2011
- 17 Mother's Day 2011 or 2012
- 18 MOTD Barnstar for helping to keep our project "alive"
- 19 The Bugle: Issue LXII, April 2011
- 20 Template:Bicslade Tramroad
- 21 The Bugle: Issue LXIII, May 2011
- 22 The Bugle: Issue LXIV, June 2011
- 23 FUI
- 24 The Bugle: Issue LXV, July 2011
- 25 The Bugle: Issue LXVI, August 2011
- 26 Motto of the Day Motto Shop
- 27 New Page Patrol survey
- 28 The Bugle: Issue LXVII, September 2011
- 29 Special Request at Motto Shop for today 31st of Ocotober 2011 (HaLlOwEeN)
- 30 Thanks
- 31 The Bugle: Issue LXVIII, October 2011
- 32 Christmas' Motto 2011
- 33 The Bugle: Issue LXIX, November 2011
- 34 The Bugle: Issue LXX, January 2012
- 35 Future of MOTD
- 36 The Bugle: Issue LXXI, February 2012
- 37 New Page Triage engagement strategy released
- 38 April Fool Motto
- 39 The Bugle: Issue LXXII, March 2012
- 40 The Bugle: Issue LXXIII, April 2012
- 41 The Bugle: Issue LXXIV, May 2012
- 42 GOCE July 2012 Copy Edit Drive
- 43 The Bugle: Issue LXXVI, July 2012
- 44 The Bugle: Issue LXXVII, August 2012
- 45 The Bugle: Issue LXXVIII, September 2012
- 46 The Bugle: Issue LXXIX, October 2012
- 47 The Bugle: Issue LXXX, November 2012
- 48 Cwmbran area stations
- 49 The Bugle: Issue LXXXI, December 2012
- 50 The Bugle: Issue LXXXII, January 2013
- 51 The Bugle: Issue LXXXIII, February 2013
- 52 Linking a variant of your smiling template on your actual template
- 53 I am a genius
- 54 Motto of the Day Help Request April 2014
The Bugle: Issue LVI, October 2010
To stop receiving this newsletter, please list yourself in the appropriate section here. To assist with preparing the newsletter, please visit the newsroom. BrownBot (talk) 23:17, 22 November 2010 (UTC)
Hi, I note that you've just removed an image from this article, on the grounds that it wasn't Monmouth Troy. Can you please explain further? Where is it, and how can we tell? Does the image description at Commons also need fixing?
Thanks Andy Dingley (talk) 22:10, 29 November 2010 (UTC)
- PS - impressive created articles list! I live alongside Severn Tunnel Junction and next year we're organising a steampunk festival in Chepstow, so these are very interesting articles to me. Andy Dingley (talk) 22:12, 29 November 2010 (UTC)
- Sorry for taking so long to get back to you, but as you can see I am meant to be banned. As for the image, I can explain several reasons why the image is definitely not Monmouth Troy. Firstly, there are several images of the station on the internet at a website called urban75, these photos show a station very different to the photo here, the station architecture is very different, only one platform had a main building, the other had a modest shelter, the station tea rooms (which were situated next to the main building) are not in the photo and the goods yard is in the wrong place. The location of the photo also doesn't seem to fit, on one side of the station the tracks entered a tunnel (towards Pontypool) and on the other side the tracks split, one branch going east to Ross-on-Wye across a iron viaduct (image) and the other going south to Chepstow across a large stone viaduct (image). I have a description of the station in a book I have, by B. M. Handley and R. Dingwall, The Wye Valley Railway and the Coleford Branch, published in 1982, ISBN 0-85361-530-6; it also has several old photos of the station. I would have followed up with a nomination for the deletion of the picture on the Commons but again, as I am not really supposed to be on Wikipedia and don't have time to do it. However, it seems that the picture has already been nominated for deletion anyway, see here. WVRMad•Talk•Guestbook 17:33, 2 December 2010 (UTC)
- Things are getting complicated so I'll explain what is going on: the picture was nominated for deletion because it had been flipped in the wrong direction. (Here.) Another image pointing in the correct direction was created. (Here.) Conversation over what should be done with the new image (as it is not Monmouth Troy) is at the original image's talk page. WVRMad•Talk•Guestbook 18:14, 2 December 2010 (UTC)
The Bugle: Issue LVII, November 2010
To stop receiving this newsletter, please list yourself in the appropriate section here. To assist with preparing the newsletter, please visit the newsroom. BrownBot (talk) 23:37, 8 December 2010 (UTC)
Template:Expand has been nominated for deletion. You are invited to comment on the discussion at the template's entry on the Templates for discussion page. Thank you. 126.96.36.199 (talk) 22:56, 16 December 2010 (UTC)
Christmas mottos and a note to self to spell determined correctly next time when acting like a bot
The motto idea for those between 25th December and mid January needs consensus dtermined badly on which version should be used for which day or even whether the whole idea should be scrapped or postponed. Please help by discussion and determining consensus at WT:Motto of the day/Nominations#Christmas series and Wikipedia:Motto of the day/Nominations/Specials. The deadline is Friday at 9pm UTC. Simply south (talk) and their tree 23:42, 21 December 2010 (UTC)
) 05:10, 7 January 2011 (UTC)
- Thank you for inviting me to join WikiProject Dacia but I'm afraid I don't really know much about it, I'm can't remember editing anything in particular about Dacia, maybe the odd stub but I'm afraid I wouldn't really be able to help. Thank you for the invitation though, WVRMad•Talk•Guestbook 17:09, 13 January 2011 (UTC)
- Not a problem! Thanks for getting back. But any help can be useful, including copy editing, neutral reviews, quality assessments. Thanks and best regards! --Codrin.B (talk) 17:14, 13 January 2011 (UTC)
- I could have a look at your list of unassesed articles if that would help. WVRMad•Talk•Guestbook 17:44, 14 January 2011 (UTC)
- Absolutely would help! Thanks a lot!--Codrin.B (talk) 17:56, 14 January 2011 (UTC)
You seem to have forgotten to remove the Wikibreak notice. Kayau Voting IS evil 14:30, 16 January 2011 (UTC)
- Thanks for letting me know and it's good to see you back again! WVRMad•Talk•Guestbook 14:36, 16 January 2011 (UTC)
The Bugle: Issue LVIII, December 2010
Taff Vale template
A good set of changes but I have presumed to alter two small things. The closed and date label at Abercynon station and the length of the Tower Colliery/ Taff Vale colliers label were adding width to the template. I've removed the closure date from Abercynon North (it was the only closed station on the template so marked, and the date is in the station's own article). Further, I spread the Tower Colliery/ Taff Vale label over two lines. This has cut down the width. Hope you don't mind the changes too much. Britmax (talk) 21:31, 9 February 2011 (UTC)
- Of course, the changes are fine with me. The only area where I'm not sure is around Cardiff, the Template:South Wales Railway RDT, Template:Ebbw Valley Line RDT, Template:Cardiff Lines, Template:Rhymney Railway, Template:Cardiff Railway and Template:Valleys & Cardiff Local Routes all seem to contradict each other. I don't know whether you can help but it all seems a bit of a mess. I've been working through the big Welsh railway maps, (Template:South Wales Railway, Template:Taff Vale Railway, Template:Merthyr, Tredegar and Abergavenny Railway, Template:Brecon and Merthyr Railway and Template:Newport and Pontypool Railway, with Template:Rhymney Railway, Template:Llantrisant & Taff Vale Junction Railway and Llanelly Railway being next on my list. So if you could give me hand getting a standard map for Cardiff it would be a great help. Thanks, WVRMad•Talk•Guestbook 20:47, 14 February 2011 (UTC)
- I'll have a look but won't have a lot of time to do anything but think aboout it for a while. Britmax (talk) 13:26, 20 February 2011 (UTC)
The Bugle: Volume LVIX, January 2011
To stop receiving this newsletter, please list yourself in the appropriate section here. To assist with preparing the newsletter, please visit the newsroom. BrownBot (talk) 17:05, 21 February 2011 (UTC)
Curves added to RDT's
Why do you add curves to RDT's in cases where although the railway and the label are on different lines there is no chance of confusing one line with another? As far as I am concerned it's a waste of time and puts curves in the railways for no good reason. Britmax (talk) 18:07, 15 March 2011 (UTC)
- I added curves because I though it would make it clearer to read for people who were not accustomed to RDTs and working out which labels corresponded to which icons. I know you have much more experience with the diagrams and if you think it would be better no to add the curves, I won't.
- Sorry for taking a while to get back to you and thanks for letting me know! WVRMad•Talk•Guestbook 16:36, 24 March 2011 (UTC)
The Bugle: Issue LX, February 2011
To stop receiving this newsletter, please list yourself in the appropriate section here. To assist with preparing the newsletter, please visit the newsroom. BrownBot (talk) 23:07, 17 March 2011 (UTC)
Hello from MOTD
Hello. We could do with your assistance for suggestions of mottos and any decisions on current ones. Please see Wikipedia:Motto of the day/Nominations. In case this situation occurs again, we would like a discussion on emergency mottos. Please see WT:MOTD/N#Emergency mottos. Simply south...... 14:40, 21 March 2011 (UTC)
Hey there! Long time, no talk. How are things? Not sure if you noticed, but we got a WP:DYK for Dacian Draco on April 7, 2011. It would be great to continue the trend and get it to WP:GOOD now! ;-) If you have time and willing, it would be great to get a neutral review on it. A great start would be checking it against the criteria for B-Class status and update the findings in the WP Dacia tag on Dacian Draco's talk page (b1 through b5 items). Alternatively, there are a few other articles under WP Dacia tasks for which we also need a review. Thanks a lot and best regards! --Codrin.B (talk) 20:27, 8 April 2011 (UTC)
MOTD's State of Emergency + 1st of May's Motto
As you probably already know, we are facing some problems at MOTD. I am personally monitoring all the nominations on a daily basis and I'm finding very difficult to aprove the motto for the next day. The number of nominations has grown significantly, but even then it seems not enough. Please, if you have time, take a look at the nominations. And, if you like some of them but you think they are not good enough for being approved because of the set of links or and etcetera, please, try to improve them where it is possible. At this rate, I fear that we will see the end of the project. Thanks in advance.
I have also added a special nomination for this Sunday, 1st of May (International Workers' Day or May Day). Please, take a look at it if you can.
All the best. –pjoef (talk • contribs) 15:27, 28 April 2011 (UTC)
P.S.: I'm sorry to bother you again, but take a look at this if you can. Once again, thank you. –pjoef (talk • contribs) 18:34, 28 April 2011 (UTC)
The Bugle: Issue LXI, March 2011
To stop receiving this newsletter, please list yourself in the appropriate section here. To assist with preparing the newsletter, please visit the newsroom. BrownBot (talk) 05:11, 1 May 2011 (UTC)
Okay, I'm here again to bother you (again and again... sorry). Things seem to go much better at MOTD, right now. THANK YOU!!!
The reason why I'm writing you is the following: next Sunday (8th of May) is Mother's Day. I know that it is celebrated on different days around the world, but I'd love if we could (and are able to) make our "very-little" contribution in honour of all the mothers in the world. For the upcoming 8th of May (Sunday) there is already a motto in schedule, but I think that we can move the motto approved for that day to another date and to put one about mothers in place of it. Here is my nomination.
Thank you in advance and all the best! –pjoef (talk • contribs) 12:47, 3 May 2011 (UTC)
MOTD Barnstar for helping to keep our project "alive"
||The MOTD Barnstar
|I award the MOTD Barnstar to WVRMad for helping to keep our project "alive" during this difficult time. Without you and your so precious help and contributions, we all probably would have seen the end of this project. A BIG THANK YOU!!! –pjoef (talk • contribs) 19:50, 3 May 2011 (UTC)
A brief note, please, read it carefully, especially the last part in bold: The last time we (our project) gave awards to our (its) members on last Summer, then the number of new nominations and reviews of the existing nominations has been diminishing. The end result was the "April crisis" with no mottos for about an entire week. On the contrary, I hope this award will help to maintain our level high or, at least, appropriate to its needs, the needs of our project. I think that around 10 minutes a week to "devote" to the project, when it is possible of course, should be more than enough to achieve the desired result.
Of course, I gave you this award personally, in a personal way and not in the name of the project. This is just a way to say a BIG thank you, so, refrain from returning the award to me or I would be overwhelmed by stars and banners and it is not my intention to "profit" on this, really! Please, do NOT return the award! And, there is no need to thank me, it was my pleasure.
Thanks again (I think I can speak for all the contributors to MOTD) and all the very best!!! –pjoef (talk • contribs) 19:50, 3 May 2011 (UTC)
- Thank you! WVRMad•Talk•Guestbook 18:07, 4 May 2011 (UTC)
The Bugle: Issue LXII, April 2011
To stop receiving this newsletter, please list yourself in the appropriate section here. To assist with preparing the newsletter, please visit the newsroom. BrownBot (talk) 00:04, 18 May 2011 (UTC)
Hello, I know it says map confirmed with: The Forest of Dean Local History Society but I think that Hopewell Mapleford Colliery should come between Bixslade High Level and Spion Kop. Rgds Obscurasky (talk) 23:27, 20 May 2011 (UTC)
- Done WVRMad•Talk•Guestbook 19:02, 22 June 2011 (UTC)
The Bugle: Issue LXIII, May 2011
To begin or stop receiving this newsletter, please list yourself in the appropriate section here. To assist with preparing the newsletter, please visit the newsroom. BrownBot (talk) 23:54, 4 June 2011 (UTC)
The Bugle: Issue LXIV, June 2011
To receive this newsletter on your talk page, join the project or sign up here. If you are a member who does not want delivery, please go to this page. BrownBot (talk) 00:27, 17 July 2011 (UTC)
This is just a reminder. If a motto has been used multiple times it should be under or added to Wikipedia:Motto of the day/Nominations/Frequently used ideas. Simply south...... improving for 5 years So much for ER 08:42, 20 July 2011 (UTC)
The Bugle: Issue LXV, July 2011
To receive this newsletter on your talk page, join the project or sign up here. If you are a member who does not want delivery, please go to this page. BrownBot (talk) 23:32, 14 August 2011 (UTC)
The Bugle: Issue LXVI, August 2011
Hello! My name is Belugaboy, and by now, you and I both have heard of the Motto Shop, and if not, there's a Motto Shop! It's an exclusive place where users can get their own motto to live by on the wiki. It's great, but we're really running slow, in fact, we haven't seen a customer in months. So we thought YOU, the contributors to Motto of the Day, could spread the word to your WikiFriends, heck, order yourself one, whether you have or haven't before. Thank you and warm regards to all of you!
Delivered by MessageDeliveryBot on behalf of Belugaboy (talk) at 15:35, 3 October 2011 (UTC).
New Page Patrol survey
New page patrol – Survey Invitation
Hello WVRMad! The WMF is currently developing new tools to make new page patrolling much easier. Whether you have patrolled many pages or only a few, we now need to know about your experience. The survey takes only 6 minutes, and the information you provide will not be shared with third parties other than to assist us in analyzing the results of the survey; the WMF will not use the information to identify you.
- If this invitation also appears on other accounts you may have, please complete the survey once only.
- If this has been sent to you in error and you have never patrolled new pages, please ignore it.
Please click HERE to take part.
Many thanks in advance for providing this essential feedback.
You are receiving this invitation because you have patrolled new pages. For more information, please see NPP Survey. Global message delivery 13:49, 26 October 2011 (UTC)
The Bugle: Issue LXVII, September 2011
Hi Belugaboy, Hi878, and WVRMad,
I made a strange request at Motto Shop. I would like to ask you if it is possible to have a motto at Motto Shop for today and (eventually) to deliver it to Wilhelmina Will and all editors at MotD. And...
...hApPy HaLlOwEeN! –pjoef (talk • contribs) 08:58, 31 October 2011 (UTC)
Thanks for all the assessment work for WP:DACIA. Much appreciated. Best regards --Codrin.B (talk) 20:49, 21 November 2011 (UTC)
The Bugle: Issue LXVIII, October 2011
To receive this newsletter on your talk page, join the project or sign up here. If you are a member who does not want delivery, please remove your name from this page. EdwardsBot (talk) 08:57, 28 November 2011 (UTC)
Christmas' Motto 2011
We need your help. We would be grateful if you would take a few minutes to discuss the nomination for Christmas. The second version is much better, but it is necessary to reach a consensus before approving it.
Thanks and all the best for the upcoming Holiday season! –pjoef (talk • contribs) 09:14, 29 November 2011 (UTC)
The Bugle: Issue LXIX, November 2011
The Bugle: Issue LXX, January 2012
Future of MOTD
I've decided to start a project discussion on this. Please see WT:MOTD. Simply south...... having large explosions for 5 years 17:39, 6 February 2012 (UTC)
The Bugle: Issue LXXI, February 2012
New Page Triage engagement strategy released
I'm dropping you a note because you filled out the New Page Patrol survey, and indicated you'd be interested in being contacted about follow-up work. This is to notify you that we've finally released both the initial documentation about the project and also the engagement strategy, which sets out how we plan to work with the community on this. Please give both a read, and leave any comments or suggestions you have on the talkpage, on my talkpage, or in my inbox - okeyeswikimedia.org.
It's awesome to finally get to start work on this! :). Okeyes (WMF) (talk) 02:34, 3 March 2012 (UTC)
April Fool Motto
April Fools Day is just around the corner. As such please could you nominate a new motto or comment on existing suggestions at Wikipedia:Motto of the day/Nominations/Specials? Simply south...... facing oncoming traffic for over 5 years 16:29, 20 March 2012 (UTC)
The Bugle: Issue LXXII, March 2012
The Bugle: Issue LXXIII, April 2012
The Bugle: Issue LXXIV, May 2012
GOCE July 2012 Copy Edit Drive
The Bugle: Issue LXXVI, July 2012
The Bugle: Issue LXXVII, August 2012
The Bugle: Issue LXXVIII, September 2012
The Bugle: Issue LXXIX, October 2012
The Bugle: Issue LXXX, November 2012
Cwmbran area stations
Hi, I have been looking at the railway stations around Cwmbran, and have discovered that the lists on WP are not fully accurate, and this is reflected in rail templates of the area (eg Template:Newport and Pontypool Railway). Specifically I have created a redlink Cwmbran (GWR) railway station for the old station in Victoria Street, Old Cwmbran, which was on the link between Cwmbran Junction and Llantarnam Junction. There was also a station Llantarnam railway station just south of the junction, between Lower Pontnewydd railway station and Ponthir railway station. I was wondering if you are able to update any maps you have previously edited? welsh (talk) 17:57, 22 December 2012 (UTC)
- Sure, I'll have a look at them. Sorry I've taken so long to reply, I've been on a bit of a wikibreak (see here) Jr8825 (talk) 09:31, 10 March 2013 (UTC)
- Done, sorry for taking so long! Jr8825 • Talk 08:52, 3 July 2013 (UTC)
The Bugle: Issue LXXXI, December 2012
The Bugle: Issue LXXXII, January 2013
The Bugle: Issue LXXXIII, February 2013
Linking a variant of your smiling template on your actual template
Hello there I've slightly modified the documentation of your smile template to reference mine is there a problem in it? Regards Eduemoni↑talk↓ 03:18, 6 March 2013 (UTC)
- Yeah, I'm fine with that! Jr8825 (talk) 09:23, 10 March 2013 (UTC)
I am a genius
So after a long wikibreak (I moved country from Britain to Thailand,) I decided to return to Wikipedia and get back to business.
BUT... I forgot my password, and didn't link a recovery email to the WVRMad account.
So as there unfortunately doesn't seem to be anyway for me to get back in to that account, I've created an new one (Jr8825). If you want to talk to me, please post it on my new talk page.
If anyone knows a way to get back into my previous account it would be great!
I am so clever. Jr8825 (talk) 09:21, 10 March 2013 (UTC)
Motto of the Day (WP:MOTD) is in a state of emergency and really needs your help! There are not enough editors who are reviewing or nominating mottos at Wikipedia:Motto of the day/Nominations/In review, and this probably means that you will notice a red link or “This space for rent” as our mottos for the next weeks and months.
Please take a moment to review the nominations and nominate your own new mottos at Wikipedia:Motto of the day/Nominations/In review and Wikipedia:Motto of the day/Nominations/'Specials. Any help would be appreciated! MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 09:13, 29 April 2014 (UTC)
- This message has been sent by pjoef on behalf of Motto of the Day to all editors of the English Wikipedia who are showing MOTD's templates on their pages, and to all the participants to MOTD: (page, template, and category).