User talk:W Nowicki
This editor is back on-line for at least a while..
- 1 May 2013
- 2 SandForce edits
- 3 Hubert Zimmermann
- 4 "thought leader"
- 5 A Barnstar for you!
- 6 Nivio and Sachin Dev Duggal
- 7 yes
- 8 Template:OSIstack: Ethernet is layer 3
- 9 Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Vehicular Reactive Routing protocol
- 10 Verizon FiOS Page
- 11 Changes on PowerEdge VRTX
- 12 Thanks for editing David S. H. Rosenthal
- 13 Capitalized titles
- 14 SAP HANA
- 15 Y Window System
- 16 PerspecSys
- 17 December 2013
You can find more info on Ab Inito web site. Click on "Ab Initio" in the left bottom corner - it will show you the actual company location. (Click on "Ab Initio" again to collapse the info) Click on "One System" words in the header and you will get the descriptions of the major software products the company produces. Click "more" on each article to see the more details. :-) Click on "One Architecture" words in the header... well, I bet you got the idea. :-) — Preceding unsigned comment added by Nshustov (talk • contribs) 01:31, 6 June 2013 (UTC)
In case you do not see this thread on some recent SandForce changes I thought I would bring it to your attention for further comment. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:SandForce#SandForce_Driven_partners.2Fproducts § Music Sorter § (talk) 18:05, 9 July 2013 (UTC)
Thank you for your work on the article about Hubert Zimmermann. The "unclear notability" tag is often a comment less on the actual notability of the subject as on how well or poorly the article is able to convey that notability to a reader who doesn't know about the subject already. Speaking as someone who this time last week had no idea who Hubert Zimmermann was, the article now does a much better job of showing who he is and why he is notable. Again, thank you. — Paul A (talk) 02:34, 1 August 2013 (UTC)
A Barnstar for you!
|The Article Rescue Barnstar|
|For saving Integrating the Healthcare Enterprise from deletion. The Whispering Wind (talk) 19:52, 10 August 2013 (UTC)|
Nivio and Sachin Dev Duggal
I'm only implementing the result of the debate as determined by the closing administrator. If you want to contest it I suggest you talk to them (User:Jujutacular) or go to deletion review. Hut 8.5 19:10, 18 August 2013 (UTC)
Template:OSIstack: Ethernet is layer 3
Hi W Nowicki, there's a user who believes, amongst other things, that Ethernet belongs to OSI layer 3 and edits Template:OSIstack accordingly. Would you care to comment either way? Thanks, --EnOreg (talk) 07:24, 3 September 2013 (UTC)
Thanks for your participation with the computer and software related AfDs; we can certainly use all the expertise we can get in those specialized areas. I also appreciate you enthusiasm for making wikipedia a more valuable resource by removing trivial articles. It's certainly a passion I share. However, you may want to turn it down a notch when it comes to writing up your reasons for your particular !vote. A short paragraph that explains your rationale dispassionately and professionally (as in "demonstrating your professional expertise") will be more persuasive.
Three points in particular:
- Phrases like "fighting the pollution" don't reflect well on you. Keep in mind the original author of the article may be reading what you write. We may not be able to accept this particular contribution they've made, but I'd like them to stick around and make better contributions. Here is an example where I go out of my way to thank the author of an AfD article for making their contribution. I could have said (truthfully) that they have a terrible idea and it's a WP:VANITY page, but that's not going to get the article deleted any faster and it might drive off an editor that could potentially make a contribution.
- Bringing in a list of other articles gives the appearance that your decision is based on deleting all of some particular class of articles rather than deciding each one on the merits. In writing for peer-reviewed audiences I've heard this referred to as minimizing the surface area of your argument. You want to influence an admin's opinion about this article; anything you introduce external to that gives the admin another potential reason to discount your argument.
- Being passionate runs the risk of being opposed by someone equally passionate, and in the immortal words of Joe in Reservoir Dogs: "You got four guys all fighting over who's gonna be Mr. Black, but they don't know each other, so nobody wants to back down." You're going to be wrong from time to time, and that's a lot more fun when you made a small claim. Here's an example where I was spectacularly wrong about at AfD. Because I didn't say any more than I needed to it was easy to admit defeat (although it helped that Tokyogirl79 didn't feel the need to point out I had been a moron).
Please don't let any of the above diminish your passion for rooting out bad articles—that's a hugely valuable contribution you can make that, particularly in this area, not many other people can. But when it comes to writing up your results, maybe rein in that passion a bit and think about how you can make a more effective argument.
Keep up your good work!
Verizon FiOS Page
Hi. I noticed you commented on the Verizon FiOS talk page a few years ago. I am currently working on a school project on Verizon FiOS and editing the Wikipedia page. I was wondering if you could provide my group with some assistance. We need information about the availability of Verizon FiOS services. Do you have any information about that. Please respond either way if you do or don't. And if possible, respond to the talk page of Verizon FiOS. We appreciate your help! Andrew.prafder (talk) 21:58, 27 September 2013 (UTC)
Changes on PowerEdge VRTX
Hi Niwicki. I saw you are making some good changes to above page. I did the original setup but due to external reasons I couldn't continye/complete the work and improve the 'tone' and check for typos. In one of your comments you are looking for some background. I thought that using the term 'mini datacenter in a box' would say enough: not the need to explain that it is a computer systsm: even though it is an Encyclopedia where you indeed expect people to lookup what something is I did (and still do) think that you can assume that reader who comes to a page like this has some basic knowledge. If I would go to a page on -for example- Range Rover and see the explination that it is a 4 wheel-drive SUV I don't expect (and don't even want) to read that it is a car, which is a 4 wheeled transport vehicle with an internal combustion technology for transmission and that it doesn't need a horse in front of it.... : there is already a wikilink to SUV - which compares with station wagon (wikilink) etc. So if a visitor to PowerEdge VRTX doesn't know that PowerEdge refers to server style computers one can see it very quickly that it is about computers. I would personally have preferred it to create a wikilink out of 'datacenter' to give context. Just referring to it as a computer system is very vague: a tablet is also a computer system. The special/remarking thing about the system is that it is a mini server blade system with built-in shared storage system and a management platform + networking switches: thus a small datacenter with all the functionalities of a datacenter, but then in one small enclosure.
But there are 'many ways that lead to Rome' and my personal preference is not leading. And as I've decided not to update/edit Dell related lemma's anymore plus the fact that there is nothing incorrect about your edits (it's just not the way I would have changed it) I leave it as it is - and thank you for taking the time to complete/correct the work I started. I only made one type correction: Sspecifications is with a single S at the beginning of the word :-)
Thanks for editing David S. H. Rosenthal
Your edits are all good. Thank you. But someone from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/22.214.171.124 edited it to say I was bon in "new york". Many David Rosenthals undoubtedly were, but this one was born in Cambridge, England. Can I persuade you to fix it? DavidSHRosenthal (talk) 01:47, 10 October 2013 (UTC) DavidSHRosenthal
Hi, I am just wondering if you can come to my talk page and take a look at my notes for SAP HANA, if the content is good, I can move part of them to the "real sap hana" wikepedia page. If not, feel free to talk back to me. Thank you! VaStanley (talk) 01:26, 24 October 2013 (UTC)
Y Window System
Re our discussion at User talk:Psychonaut/Archive 11#Y Window System, the article Y Window System was deleted via WP:PROD, then undeleted via Wikipedia:Requests for undeletion#Y Window System, and has now been formally nominated for deletion at Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Y Window System. Your participation in the AfD is welcome. —Psychonaut (talk) 11:00, 30 October 2013 (UTC)
Hi, I noticed you did some recent improvements to the PerspecSys article. I'd like to help make it more neutral and thought maybe deleting most of the Partnerships and memberships section might be a good start. What do you think? HtownCat (talk) 22:42, 19 November 2013 (UTC)
Hello, I'm BracketBot. I have automatically detected that your edit to G.hn may have broken the syntax by modifying 1 "()"s. If you have, don't worry: just edit the page again to fix it. If I misunderstood what happened, or if you have any questions, you can leave a message on my operator's talk page.
- List of unpaired brackets remaining on the page:
- of a [[triple play (telecommunications)|triple play service]], voice and data service offering (such as [[AT&T]]'s [[U-Verse]].<ref>[http://homegridforum.typepad.com/homegrid_forum/2009/03/