- CLICK HERE TO LEAVE A NEW MESSAGE
- You can also click here to send me an email. Although I shall not be able to assist you editorially or administratively, I shall be following both my talk page and email, and shall reply in case there is any query where I can be of assistance. Thanks. Wifione Message
(This user operates an alternate account on Wikipedia; any other same named accounts outside of Wikimedia/Wikipedia are not this user's)
|This is Wifione's talk page, where you can send messages and comments to Wifione.|
|X's RfA report for the week|
|Updated every half an hour only; for latest status, kindly go directly to the RFA page|
|Talk archives for 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012|
|Wifione ....... Leave a message 05:47, 4 November 2010 (UTC)|
Leave your messages below this. Thanks. Wifione Message
Hi Wifione. No frills - just a quiet ‘’all the best’’ to you for 2015 and I hope you’ll continue to be around on Wikipedia for a long time to come. --Kudpung กุดผึ้ง (talk) 15:00, 1 January 2015 (UTC)
- Hi Kudpung. Thanks so much for the thoughtful note :) I hope so too, and likewise hope to see you around Wikipedia for a long time. It's been lovely interacting with you. Season's greetings and new year wishes. Wifione Message 16:00, 1 January 2015 (UTC)
Happy New Year Wifione!
- Hey North, thanks for the very warm new year wishes. Much needed in the biting cold :) Appreciated and reciprocated likewise. Have a fabulous new year. Wifione Message 15:59, 2 January 2015 (UTC)
A barnstar for you!
|The Special Barnstar|
|For all of the meaningful and admirable work that you have done. OccultZone (Talk • Contributions • Log) 04:53, 11 February 2015 (UTC)|
The Signpost: 11 February 2015
- From the editors: We want to know what you think!
- In the media: Is Wikipedia eating itself?
- Traffic report: Bowled over
- WikiProject report: Brand new WikiProjects profiled
- Featured content: A grizzly bear, Operation Mascot, Freedom Planet & Liberty Island, cosmic dust clouds, a cricket five-wicket list, more fine art, & a terrible, terrible opera...
- Gallery: Feel the love
Mostly personal comments
Hi Wifione, I've been meaning to say something to you on your Talk page for quite some time, but I kept putting it off because I didn't know what to say exactly. My apologies for these belated comments. As you must know, my personal interaction with you has always been a pleasure, and it was with dismay that I became aware of the controversy surrounding your conduct (I was completely unaware of it during most the time it was brewing). Frankly, I haven't followed the evidence presented against you in the arbitration case to have any opinion of my own as to what you did or didn't do. I have, however, kept abreast of the direction of the case and the proposed decision. At this point, it looks like in addition to giving up your tools you're going to be formally banned from the project. I'm sorry to hear that, and I personally wish you nothing but the best. As we hopefully all know, there are other things in life besides Wikipedia. Regards.--Bbb23 (talk) 16:34, 12 February 2015 (UTC)
- I don't really know what to say. I'm sitting here, almost in tears, because one of the most influential people I've recently come to admire, respect, and grow fond of working with, has just had their integrity and image shred. I started writing out a longer post but there's really no point. Good luck Wifione. I suppose I'll have to harass Bbb23 now. Dusti*Let's talk!* 00:42, 15 February 2015 (UTC)
- Echoing what Bbb23 said, I don't know what you did or didn't do. But I remember that working with you (years ago) was always a pleasure. You have done a lot to this project, and it will forever be remembered. I wish you all the best, Wifione. Good luck. Rehman 01:48, 15 February 2015 (UTC)
This arbitration case has been closed and the final decision is available at the link above. The following remedies have been enacted:
- 1) Wifione (talk · contribs) is indefinitely topic-banned from editing any pages relating to or making any edit about:
- 2.1) Wifione may only regain administrative tools via a successful request for adminship.
- 3) Wifione (talk · contribs) is indefinitely banned from the English Wikipedia. They may request reconsideration of the ban twelve months after the enactment of this remedy, and every twelve months thereafter.
The Signpost: 18 February 2015
- In the media: Students' use and perception of Wikipedia
- Special report: Revision scoring as a service
- Traffic report: February is for lovers
- Gallery: Darwin Day
- Featured content: A load of bull-sized breakfast behind the restaurant, Koi feeding, a moray eel, Spaghetti Nebula and other fishy, fishy fish
- Arbitration report: We've built the nuclear reactor; now what colour should we paint the bikeshed?
|Guild of Copy Editors March 2015 Newsletter
Blitz: Thanks to everyone who participated in the February Blitz. Of the 21 people who signed up, eight copyedited at least one article. Final results, including barnstars awarded, are available here.
Progress report: The blitz removed 16 articles from the requests list, and we're almost done with December 2014. Many thanks, everyone!
Thank you all again for your participation; we wouldn't be able to achieve what we have without you! Cheers from your GOCE coordinators, , and .
To discontinue receiving GOCE newsletters, please remove your name from our mailing list.
I observed that an autopatrol was recently granted to a user who had only created disambiguation pages. It seemed like a bridge of WP:AUTOPAT. How do you explain this? Cheers! Wikic¤l¤gyt@lk to M£ 04:56, 24 February 2015 (UTC)