- 1 November 2013
- 2 Richard Lapinski Jr.
- 3 Disambiguation link notification for November 16
- 4 Brakhage Songs: Tim Cawkwell's essay
- 5 Dim and recent past
- 6 Thank You WikiDan
- 7 Tim O'Keeffe
- 8 Disambiguation link notification for November 26
- 9 Edited the summary
- 10 Small request
- 11 Today's mysterious talkback
- 12 need a reason why
- 13 Disambiguation link notification for December 3
- 14 Multiway data analysis
- 15 AVESTA computing issues and original research
- 16 November 2013 GOCE drive wrap-up
- 17 EcoMagnesia
- 18 EcoMagnesia
- 19 EcoMagnesia
Hello, I'm BracketBot. I have automatically detected that your edit to List of mammals of South Carolina may have broken the syntax by modifying 1 "()"s. If you have, don't worry: just edit the page again to fix it. If I misunderstood what happened, or if you have any questions, you can leave a message on my operator's talk page.
- List of unpaired brackets remaining on the page:
- * [[Eastern harvest mouse]] (''Reithrodontomys humulis''))
Hello, I'm BracketBot. I have automatically detected that your edit to Radar imaging may have broken the syntax by modifying 1 "()"s. If you have, don't worry: just edit the page again to fix it. If I misunderstood what happened, or if you have any questions, you can leave a message on my operator's talk page.
- List of unpaired brackets remaining on the page:
- |pages=3–1 – 3-14)
Hello, I'm BracketBot. I have automatically detected that your edit to Callier Effect may have broken the syntax by modifying 1 "()"s. If you have, don't worry: just edit the page again to fix it. If I misunderstood what happened, or if you have any questions, you can leave a message on my operator's talk page.
- List of unpaired brackets remaining on the page:
- point of a photographic film, which were measured in directed (''D<sub>dir</sub>'') and diffused (''D<sub>dif</sub>'' bright-fields, is termed the Callier ''Q'' factor:
Due to the allegation of notability, I changed your speedy-deletion tag to a proposed deletion tag. That gives the noobie seven more days to fix the problems. Feel free to prod2 it. Bearian (talk) 23:47, 14 November 2013 (UTC)
Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. Wikipedia appreciates your help. We noticed though that you've added some links pointing to disambiguation pages. Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.
- List of mammals of South Carolina (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver)
Brakhage Songs: Tim Cawkwell's essay
Thanks for letting me know what you've done. I'm new to this so I have things to learn abt what is and is not permitted. I'll try and put something on the Talk page, as you suggest, in the hope that it leads somewhere.
- No problem. I can't access your site at the moment (my company firewall is quite strict) but my searches indicate that your site may well be a source of useful information. When I or others can evaluate the links, they may well be added. Thank you for understanding. WikiDan61ChatMe!ReadMe!! 16:52, 18 November 2013 (UTC)
Dim and recent past
Remember your query about Progsofts seeming to be editing about both NBA Loans Group and a SA company at the same time? Thanks for that. I've added a note to their user page pointing them out as being a sock of a sock of Morning277. That SA stuff was a several months deleted article they were using as a template. There's only one real way they would have had a copy of it.... Could be an idea if you see that sort of thing again to search for the title that it would have had (= the company name...). You won't see the article, but if it's long deleted - and by someone else who's blocked - an admin should look into it. Peridon (talk) 20:15, 19 November 2013 (UTC)
- I figured something like that was going on (user using his copy of a deleted article as a template for a new article). I didn't search into the deleted article deep enough to know it was part of the Morning277 sock farm problem, but I'll keep that in mind in the future. WikiDan61ChatMe!ReadMe!! 20:20, 19 November 2013 (UTC)
Thank You WikiDan
Hey just wanted to come by and say thank you for sharing your knowledge and that I have learned a lot more about Wikipedia because you.
- You're welcome. Sorry for the rocky start. You might consider the WP:Adopt-a-user program to have an experienced editor mentor you through the beginning. And you needn't despair about your ATL article being deleted just yet. You have seven days to find sources for it, and if that doesn't work, and you find sources in two weeks instead, you can always re-create it with the new sources. WikiDan61ChatMe!ReadMe!! 23:27, 21 November 2013 (UTC)
I take your point re the legalities of the website concerned. Is there a way I can put this article up again where it wont be deleted? Bare in mind that that website page has the most comprehensive history of the player. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Sraith de fanatic Ireland (talk • contribs) 22:42, 25 November 2013 (UTC)
- You can rewrite the page in your own words, using the website your previously copied as a source. However, since that site is associated with the team that O'Keeffe played (or was it coached?) for, you'll want to find other independent sources as well. Good luck. WikiDan61ChatMe!ReadMe!! 12:29, 26 November 2013 (UTC)
Ok well the book I had put in as a source is about the only other outlet for information on O'Keeffe. How about I redo it and send it to you first? I dont want to go to the trouble of posting it only to be deleted again. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Sraith de fanatic Ireland (talk • contribs) 18:47, 26 November 2013 (UTC)
- Rather than sending it to me, why not create it through the Articles for Creation process? Follow the directions at that page to create a new draft at Wikipedia talk:Articles for creation/Tim O'Keeffe, with the proper template for an AFC submission. The article will then be reviewed by any one of a number of people who regularly review the AFC submissions. (Note -- this process can often be quite backlogged. After you create the submission, you can ping me again and if I have time, I'll take a look.) Good luck! Feel free to come back with any further questions. WikiDan61ChatMe!ReadMe!! 19:06, 26 November 2013 (UTC)
Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. Wikipedia appreciates your help. We noticed though that when you edited Golden Days for Boys and Girls, you added a link pointing to the disambiguation page James Otis (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver). Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.
Edited the summary
I have edited the summary and deleted some part of the content. Kindly review and let me know.
- I can't add citations because I don't know where you got your information. That's for you to do. In general, though, what you have written is not an encyclopedia article, but would be more appropriate for a business or IT trade journal. Its purpose seems less to inform people about an existing technology than to exhort them to adopt a new technology. While that is a worthwhile communication, it is not the purpose of Wikipedia. You may wish to try submitting your article to one of the major IT journals instead. WikiDan61ChatMe!ReadMe!! 15:40, 27 November 2013 (UTC)
Thanks for the information. The content might be an article but I have contributed being unbiased. Further, you being an expert, I am removing my researched content. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Ankitgupta667 (talk • contribs) 19:08, 27 November 2013 (UTC)
When you Prod or AfD articles, can you ensure they have WikiProject talk page templates, so that they can be included in WP:Article alerts? See Talk:Tomasz Stupnowicz and our listing at Wikipedia:WikiProject Poland/Article alerts, from which the TS article was absent until I added the talk page templates. Cheers, --Piotr Konieczny aka Prokonsul Piotrus| reply here 07:28, 29 November 2013 (UTC)
Today's mysterious talkback
I think that may have been about New R. S. J. Public School Senior Secondary; you removed the school song, and the editor has asked a question about it on the article's talk page. Yngvadottir (talk) 17:41, 1 December 2013 (UTC)
need a reason why
i understand but maybe, i want to know the relationship between you and the senator, an i think this is a free would where everyone can play on his own court, i have alot to post about senator, and i jst feel like having my own page. is there problem with that — Preceding unsigned comment added by Aminuyoyo (talk • contribs) 20:44, 2 December 2013 (UTC)
- To answer your points in order:
- I have no relationship to the Senator. I'm a software engineer living and working in New York and could really not care less about Nigerian politics.
- Whereas this is a free website to which anyone can contribute information, it is not an anarchy. There are rules and guidelines, and all users are expected to conform to them.
- Yes, there is a problem with that (feeling like having your own page). Please read the Wikipedia policy on content forking. Basically, you don't get to create your own page about a topic just because you don't like what the existing page says. If you have new facts (which can be verified) about the topic that should be addressed, add them to the existing article. WikiDan61ChatMe!ReadMe!! 21:05, 2 December 2013 (UTC)
Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. Wikipedia appreciates your help. We noticed though that when you edited Together Trust, you added a link pointing to the disambiguation page Respite (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver). Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.
Multiway data analysis
Thanks for your recent editing in respect of the article "Multiway data analysis" when I a new writer on wiki. Also I am struggling in writing an article titled "AVESTA computing issues" (recommended changing to Automation issues of accounting). May be I am receiving diversity of comments of the subject matter so I have to change the article very frequently in order to fit for different comments. When I am reviewing the log records, I am feeling impression of the version changes look like Hong Kong "typhoon signal 10". Hope you can help me to improve the articles in a way that can be accepted by most of participants. I want the read know issues of automation is not that merely attributed to spreadsheet tool or non-spreadsheet tools. ThanksMgt88drcr (talk) 02:39, 4 December 2013 (UTC)
- You're welcome for the assist on multiway data analysis. Based on the available literature, this appears to be a notable topic worthy of inclusion at Wikipedia. Unfortunately, I do not feel the same about your AVESTA computing issues article. There is already an article about accounting software, and perhaps there may need to be an article about accounting automation, but your article is not it. It is too much of a "how-to" guide, which is not what Wikipedia is about. I have added my !vote for delete at its AFD discussion.
- As a side note, I notice that your grasp of English is not the best, and I suspect that you are writing English as a second language. You might do better editing the Wikipedia in your own native tongue. There are Wikipedia versions in almost every language on earth. The complete list is here. WikiDan61ChatMe!ReadMe!! 12:37, 4 December 2013 (UTC)
The phase "Multiway Processing" is part of my everyday life. When I planned to write the second article, I searched on this phase but finally adopted Multiway data analysis. Surprising there are a lot of researches working on this area, also surprising that I cannot find similar researches specialize in finance and accounting. I will try to invite some professors to conduct relevant researches.
Your suggested phase "Accounting automation" is a good idea. 3 years ago I was frequently using the phase "Accounting process automation" in business practice. In sometime later, I will rewrite this article. However, it is appreciated if you would help to remove all suspected "how-to" paragraphs so I can learn through this amendment.Mgt88drcr (talk) 13:23, 4 December 2013 (UTC)
English is my second language but I am seldom writing in native language (i.e. speaking in Cantonese, writing in English). I will try to improve my written English despite I shall spend time to learn and practice of speaking in Mandarin. Mgt88drcr (talk) 13:23, 4 December 2013 (UTC)
- There is a Cantonese Wikipedia, but I understand your desire to communicate in English. I shouldn't worry too much about the grammar issues; there are always WikiGnomes like myself around to fix things up. WikiDan61ChatMe!ReadMe!! 13:31, 4 December 2013 (UTC)
- No. Although there is information in the XBRL article about how XBRL works, that information serves primarily as an example of the concept. The difference between that article and yours is that yours included a fair amount of language of the "you should do this" variety. I believe you have been addressing that, but I still think the article is a too broad and scattershot to be useful. There does not appear to be a clear focus, but rather a general "let me put down every thought I have about this topic, and maybe a logical organization will present itself". That logical organization does not yet appear to have presented itself. WikiDan61ChatMe!ReadMe!! 14:48, 4 December 2013 (UTC)
AVESTA computing issues and original research
ok, I will try to improve this on continuing basis particular to remove something like "you should do this". In fact the original focus at the beginning of writing is so called six A-V-E-S-T-A computing issues now I cannot work in this ways when some commentators claim that this is constituted original research. Now these computing issues become individual examples within the big pictures of the Accounting process automation. However, the whole article are focus on the titled Accounting process automation, there are two competition forces I have not yet clearly mentioned in the article. They are 1) driving force for evolving advanced technology of automation and 2) driving force for more extended expectation and scope of automation. The winner of the competition is highly depend on the rate of changing for internal and external environment of organizations. Need to obtain more evidence from existing literature when I don't think only me can have this insight. But the winner in the past shall be attributed to software providers of spreadsheet tool and non-spreadsheet tools when users are struggling moving amongst them due to reducing useful life of these softwareMgt88drcr (talk) 16:04, 5 December 2013 (UTC)
- I'm sorry, the English in the above request is a bit muddled and hard to sort out. You mention that your initial focus for this article was "A-V-E-S-T-A computing issues", but I have no idea what "A-V-E-S-T-A Computing" is. Is it a company? Is it a computing paradigm? Is it something else? Whatever it is, you appear to have shifted the focus of the article to cover the field of accounting process automation as a whole. So then you move on to discuss two competition forces (a phrase I don't necessarily understand), including:
- "driving force for evolving advanced technology of automation"; and
- "driving force for more extended expectation and scope of automation"
- Both of these phrases are somewhat generic and, like much business jargon, largely devoid of any real meaning, so it is impossible to assess whether there is any point in actually investigating these two forces further. However, you go further to indicated that it is your own assessment that has identified these two forces, in which case your article is based, at least in part, on original research. Finding sources that verify your own conclusions is not really what Wikipedia wants. Instead, we need to find sources that have actually arrived at those conclusions on their own, in published (and preferably peer-reviewed) publications. The last phrase or your comment ("But the winner in the past shall be attributed to software providers of spreadsheet tool and non-spreadsheet tools when users are struggling moving amongst them due to reducing useful life of these software.") appears to be largely meaningless, so I will not respond.
- In general, muddled and incomprehensible English aside, what is needed is evidence that there is general agreement in the published literature about the issues involved in migrating a business to an automated accounting process. If this article is simply your perception of the issues involved, then the article is original research, no matter how well your perceptions are cited. It's original research because your perceptions might be incomplete, or might be taken out of context, etc. We need evidence that the migration process has been the subject of significant research, and then we can write an article based on that research. WikiDan61ChatMe!ReadMe!! 16:28, 5 December 2013 (UTC)
Thanks for your comments so the article shall not be extended to cover those points and moving to this direction. Next step waiting a native English speaker to rewrite the whole article based on this edition (he said that he can completed this on next week). And I plan to collect and read more research and business papers of the subject matter to obtain more consensus information relevant for further fine tune of the content in the right direction.Mgt88drcr (talk) 23:15, 5 December 2013 (UTC)
November 2013 GOCE drive wrap-up
|Guild of Copy Editors November 2013 backlog elimination drive wrap-up newsletter
– Your project coordinators:, , , and .
hello! when anybody looks from the outside, EcoMagnesia might look as a University Eco-Energy club. but the main job done is actually producing efficient systems and after that, giving our thoughts to the İndusties. and ofcourse, give the world a chance to survive against CO2 polution. with Kind regards. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Kaganmeijer (talk • contribs) 20:30, 5 December 2013 (UTC)
hi. BTW, forgot to mension it. I will manually translate the Ecomagnesia page to English, Dutch and german. I just need a little bit of time. in 2 weeks the page will be editted. I hope that you can assist the page by getting it not deleted untill I translate everything and write it down. With kind regards... Kagan Meijer — Preceding unsigned comment added by Kaganmeijer (talk • contribs) 20:37, 5 December 2013 (UTC)
- I suggest you copy the page to your user space (at User:Kaganmeijer/EcoMagnesia, perhaps) so you can retain a copy after the mainspace article is deleted. Without reliable sources, the article has not demonstrated the notability required to remain on Wikipedia. While you are translating the page, you can look for reliable sources that will show evidence of significant coverage for this organization. WikiDan61ChatMe!ReadMe!! 20:44, 5 December 2013 (UTC)
hi! it has allready been deleted by "jac16888" before I could actually copy it, or write the importance of it. I have written to him a text, and I am awaiting him to answer it. however, thanks for your advice. with kind regards.
- If the deleting administrator is unable to provide you a copy of the article, there are a number of administrators who will. WikiDan61ChatMe!ReadMe!! 21:47, 5 December 2013 (UTC)
Multiway data analysis and related deleted article
Thanks for your effort during past few days to review my article with solid and valuable comments, particular to rewrite and improve the article titled Multiway data analysis. Despite my first published article titled Accounting process automation has been deleted automatically by some reasons, I am really learn from you and other participants about the interpreted rules and regulations of writing article for wiki platform. I truly believe we are working in the same direction - writing good articles. Mgt88drcr (talk) 04:31, 6 December 2013 (UTC)