User talk:Winner 42
|This is Winner 42's talk page, where you can send messages and comments to Winner 42.|
|Archives: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5|
- 1 Re: About FNaF pages
- 2 A page you started (Stony Brook Power Plant) has been reviewed!
- 3 11:58:02, 22 May 2015 review of submission by 184.108.40.206
- 4 Deep frying
- 5 1984 NFL draft
- 6 You undid a vulgar image that i removed
- 7 Why did you remove the external link in the Options Strategies article?
- 8 This week's article for improvement (week 22, 2015)
- 9 TAFI week 22, 2015 update
- 10 Articles on Baleshwar Rai
- 11 Today's articles for improvement weekly vote
- 12 DEM4 Laboratory
- 13 Hello Winner42
- 14 Tech News: 2015-22
- 15 Nomination of Warren Christopher (politician Maryland) for deletion
- 16 Mnemonics
- 17 Hello!
- 18 Self-Healing Materials
- 19 A barnstar for you!
- 20 Reversion to Molecular cloud
- 21 Removal of contribution
Re: About FNaF pages
Look, you're right. This isn't the FNaF wiki. But, hey, if you have a problem with that, you might as well go ahead and delete Lightning (Final Fantasy) or Lee Everett or Clementine (The Walking Dead).
A page you started (Stony Brook Power Plant) has been reviewed!
Thanks for creating Stony Brook Power Plant, Winner 42!
Wikipedia editor Ormr2014 just reviewed your page, and wrote this note for you:
Please add more content and resources. The article is good as is, but could benefit from more information.
To reply, leave a comment on Ormr2014's talk page.
Learn more about page curation.
11:58:02, 22 May 2015 review of submission by 220.127.116.11
What made this submision look like an advertisement? Can't understand. Please let me know the concern so that i can do certain improvements.
- "... one of finest providers of high quality serviced and virtual office business solutions..." -- yup, it's a real puzzle. — Jeraphine Gryphon (talk) 12:36, 22 May 2015 (UTC)
- @Bananasoldier: I think the "Dishes and foods" section needs a lot of work. It should be able to summarize all of the types of deep fried dishes in a summery style of the list articles. I'll try to take a whack at it tonight. After that I'll nom for GA if someone else doesn't beat me to it. Winner 42 Talk to me! 20:14, 22 May 2015 (UTC)
1984 NFL draft
Well there is a denotation that says *denotes players who are in NFL hall of fame* which isn't there, also you may check, no hall of famers came out of the class and you may also watch caught in the draft 1984. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 22:49, 22 May 2015 (UTC)
You undid a vulgar image that i removed
May i please know why you made the following changes?
I removed the picture because it was a vulgar picture of her. You replaced the edit with the old image. Please either place a better image or please remove the image — Preceding unsigned comment added by Akash gaara (talk • contribs) 18:04, 23 May 2015 (UTC)
- See WP:NOTCENSORED, the picture aids with the identification of the subject and the content being objectionable is not grounds for removal. Winner 42 Talk to me! 18:11, 23 May 2015 (UTC)
- How is it vulgar? Are bellybuttons offensive now? — Jeraphine Gryphon (talk) 18:22, 23 May 2015 (UTC)
Why did you remove the external link in the Option Strategies article?
I just read the Wikipedia rules and found:
"There is nothing wrong with adding one or more useful content-relevant links to the external links section of an article"
Please indicate which exactly rule I break by adding this link.
- Wikipedia is not a place to promote your website by adding external links to it per WP:SOAPBOX and WP:ADV. Winner 42 Talk to me! 14:06, 24 May 2015 (UTC)
This week's article for improvement (week 22, 2015)
TAFI week 22, 2015 update
Please note that Personality is also an article for improvement for week 22, 2015. Thank you.
Articles on Baleshwar Rai
Hi Winner42, I see that you had posted on the talk of the user from ipaddress 22.214.171.124 to explain his/her rationale for removing the allegations against the person in question that were reported in a credible newspaper. Instead of either providing evidence showing that those allegations have not been made against the person, there is no FIR against the person, there was not CBI case against the person, this user has decided to engage in edit warring by deleting the negative information (which is not incorrect and is properly cited) and has undone changes repeatedly ([]). It there a way to lock the page and make only changes that can be approved by editors of wikipedia. Best, Annie 126.96.36.199 (talk) 02:07, 25 May 2015 (UTC)
Today's articles for improvement weekly vote
- Hello Winner 42:
- This week's voting for TAFI's upcoming weekly collaboration has begun at Week 25 of 2015. Thanks for participating!
Hi Winner 42!
I've added independent sources to the DEM4 Laboratory article (Verslo Zinios - an award winning business newspaper, talking about manufacturing of our products; our nomination in Medtec Innovation Awards). Do you think that i can already remove the tags from the page?
I am very sorry about my edit. It appears that one of my extensions has changed part of the page. I did not mean to vandalize, but merely request an article. I am very sorry.
16:30, 25 May 2015 (UTC)
Nomination of Warren Christopher (politician Maryland) for deletion
I created this page to include information about the new candidateWarren Christopher (politician Maryland). I don't see why the announcement of his candidacy and his military service is not noteworthy. Thanks! — Preceding unsigned comment added by Jaorquina (talk • contribs) 12:54, 26 May 2015 (UTC)
I believe VIBGYOR is a better mnemonic than ROY G BIV, because VIBGYOR is easier to pronounce. In fact it is used in India at the college level. Can you tell me why you believe that ROY G BIV is a better menomic? — Preceding unsigned comment added by Meghscool (talk • contribs) 06:52, 27 May 2015 (UTC)
- I wasn't aware that VIBGYOR was a valid mnemonic, as this is the first I've ever heard of it. But it seems like it could be a useful change so I have reinstated it. Happy editing! Winner 42 Talk to me! 07:12, 27 May 2015 (UTC)
Howdy! Thanks for the message of constructive criticism. I am new to Wikipedia and I am still working my way through the system and growing in familiarity to the way things work. I am not sure if this message will make it to you. But in any case, happy editing.
- @EricJLopez: Thanks for your message. Your second edit to The God Makers is significantly more neutral. Thanks for improving Wikipedia! Winner 42 Talk to me! 17:13, 27 May 2015 (UTC)
Dear Winner 42, I am contacting you in response to the Articles for Creation: Self-Healing Materials rejection as of may 13th. The background of the effort to write this Wikipedia contribution: We are a group of 15 PhD fellows all working together in the EU Marie-Curie Research Training network on "Self-Healing Materials - from Concepts to Market", covering various material classes that are designed for an increased sustainability by providing a strategy for self-repair. This is an active area of materials research and currently the first examples of materials with improved self-repair find their way into application. During one of our last meetings we found that the existing Wikipedia Article on "Self-Healing Materials" covers only a very small area of the existing material classes: it is indeed concentrated on polymers only. However, there a far more classes of materials that are currently developed for self-healing capability. As such, we combined our efforts to write an article that covers more classes of materials, including ceramics, metals, asphalt, concrete, composites, ... Our suggestion is the following: The existing page is actually a quite nice sum up for Self-Healing Polymers and should be renamed accordingly. Simultaneously, the new article can be uploaded as "Self-Healing Materials" and will contain also a link on the page more specializing on the polymer aspect.
- @FilipeBSilva: That's an interesting idea which I don't see anything wrong with. It seems like your draft does cover the topic more broadly, you might want to consider proposing a merge of the existing article and your draft with the proposal including the moving of information about self healing polymers moved off to its own article. I'm not a subject expert so I'm going to use caution seeing what more knowledgeable editors think. Winner 42 Talk to me! 03:21, 28 May 2015 (UTC)
A barnstar for you!
|The Random Acts of Kindness Barnstar|
|Thankyou so much for your recent comment at Katya's delete discussion, very nice to feel appreciated on a site that seems so stone cold in nature sometimes. Thanks! Azealia911 talk 19:26, 27 May 2015 (UTC)|
- No problem Azealia911, its unfortunate when AfD discussions get canvassed from off-wiki, but things should be good from here on out. Happy Editing! Winner 42 Talk to me! 19:47, 27 May 2015 (UTC)
Reversion to Molecular cloud
Hey, I forgot I had the cloud-to-butt browser plugin installed and accidentally vandalized the hell out of a page while trying to make a minor edit, thanks for reverting it for me. 188.8.131.52 (talk) 19:29, 27 May 2015 (UTC)
- No problem, but I think you just did it again. Winner 42 Talk to me! 19:31, 27 May 2015 (UTC)
Removal of contribution
- I'm not entirely sure why I removed it, it may have been accidental or it could have just looked suspicious to me. You are welcome to re-add it if you wish, your additions can be found in the page history. Winner 42 Talk to me! 23:27, 27 May 2015 (UTC)