From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
An issue that needs your intervention
- An editor is constantly trying to remove important and vital information from Indian Engineering Services which is well sourced and unbiased. This article also serves as the redirect page for Engineering Services Examination hence, it is bound to contain info about the examination. This editor is putting irrelevant tags on articles, nominating notable articles for deletion and does not respond on his talk page, but reverts constructive edits by others and calls them vandalizers. I saw your recent edit to the page and since you are an administrator, I thought of bringing the matter into your knowledge. Also, you may want to have a look at the Civil Services Examination and Indian Administrative Service. They are written on the same lines. Both ESE and CSE are conducted by UPSC and IAS is a general public administrative service and IES are technical administrative services. If you do not deal with matters related to content disputes, would you kindly refer this to another specialist administrator? I promise not to make any edits to this page until the issue is resolved, but the page has a daily traffic of 1000+ and most readers only visit articles once, so it would be great loss for them who came in for the information about the exam. Thanks in advance.
- Warm Regards,
The Signpost: 11 February 2015
- From the editors: We want to know what you think!
- In the media: Is Wikipedia eating itself?
- Traffic report: Bowled over
- WikiProject report: Brand new WikiProjects profiled
- Featured content: A grizzly bear, Operation Mascot, Freedom Planet & Liberty Island, cosmic dust clouds, a cricket five-wicket list, more fine art, & a terrible, terrible opera...
- Gallery: Feel the love
Happy Valentine's Day!!!
The Signpost: 18 February 2015
- In the media: Students' use and perception of Wikipedia
- Special report: Revision scoring as a service
- Traffic report: February is for lovers
- Gallery: Darwin Day
- Featured content: A load of bull-sized breakfast behind the restaurant, Koi feeding, a moray eel, Spaghetti Nebula and other fishy, fishy fish
- Arbitration report: We've built the nuclear reactor; now what colour should we paint the bikeshed?
Presentation proposal for Wikimania 2015
|How to pick up more women...|
|Hi Woohookitty! Victuallers and I have developed a proposal for a talk to be presented at Wikimania 2015. It's titled, How to pick up more women... -- as in more women editors and more women's biographies. Examples include the Edit-a-thon blitz during WikiWomen's History Month and the "new articles" work underway by WikiProject Women Writers. The Wikimania talk proposal review process has begun and there's no guarantee that our proposal will be accepted. That's where you come in. Please review it and, if you wish, give us feedback on the submission's talkpage or my talkpage (vs. your talkpage). Ultimately, we hope you add your name to the signup at the bottom of the proposal which signifies you'd be interested in the talk if you were attending it (it does not commit you to attending Wikimania). Thank you! Rosiestep (talk) 04:05, 25 February 2015 (UTC)|