Mumbai Maharashtra, India
|Genres||Indian classical music, playback singing|
She is daughter of Pandit Deenanath Mangeshkar and Shevanti (Shudhamati). She is the younger sister of singers, Lata Mangeshkar and Asha Bhosle and elder to her music-director brother Hridaynath Mangeshkar. She gained spotlight as a playback singer after singing some devotional songs for the low-budget movie, Jai Santoshi Maa (1975), which became an all-time blockbuster. She was nominated for the Filmfare Best Female Playback Singer award for her song, Main to Aarti in that film. She sang the same songs again for that movie's remake in 2006.
Awards and nominations
- BFJA Awards for Best Female Playback Singer for Jai Santoshi Maa (1975)
- Nominated for Filmfare Award for Best Female Playback Singer for the song "Main to Aarti" from Jai Santoshi Maa (1975)
- Nominated for Filmfare Award for Best Female Playback Singer for the song "Mangta Hai To Aaja" from Inkaar (1977)
- Nominated for Filmfare Award for Best Female Playback Singer for the song "Humse Nazar To Milao" from Ikraar (1980)
- Main To Aarti Utaru ... Jai Santoshi Maa
- Aplam Chaplam ... Azaad
- Khatta Meetha ... Khatta Meetha (1978)
- Sultana Sultana ... Taraana
- Goro Ki Naa Kalo ni ...Disco Dancer
- Kahe Tarasaye Jayara .. Chitralekha (1964), duet with Asha Bhosle
- Mungda ... Inkaar
- Pakdo, Pakdo, Pakdo... Naseeb
- Rang Jamake Jayenge... Naseeb
- Saare Niyam Tod Do ... Khoobsurat
- Muje Pyar Ka Tohfa deke... Kala Patthar
- Oh Chali Chali Kaisi Hawa Ye Chali... Bluff Master
- Sona-no sooraj ugyo... "Noorani Chehra"
- Aavo aavo momino sahu aavore... "Noorani Chehra"
and scores of Marathi songs for Dada Kondke including the most famous "Dhagala Lagli Kala" and "Tumhawar Keli Me Marji Bahar" from Pinjara. In 2008 Usha collaborated with Shaukat (Sam) Kassam for the CD "Noorani Chehra" to commemorate the Golden Jubilee of HH The Aga Khan.
|This article about an Indian singer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|