Utah State Route 150
|Mirror Lake Highway|
|Maintained by UDOT|
|Length:||54.742 mi (88.099 km)|
|Existed:||1933 – present|
|West end:||SR‑32 in Kamas|
|North end:||WYO 150 near Evanston, WY|
State Route 150, also known as the Mirror Lake Highway, is a state highway in the U.S. state of Utah. It is named for Mirror Lake, a picturesque lake that the highway passes along the way. It is also a USDA Forest Service Byway.
The highway begins at the intersection of Main Street (SR-32) and Center Street in Kamas and heads east on the latter as a two-lane undivided highway. Once exiting Kamas, the route dips southeast and continues as such until reaching Samak, where the road turns northeast briefly. Soon after, the highway turns south and southeast again. After continuing in a general southeast direction, the highway turns northeast and north and continues as such until reaching the Wyoming border south of Evanston.
During the winter months the road is closed to automobiles and is used by snowmobiles.
The state legislature designated SR-150 in 1933, running east from SR-35 (now SR-32) in Kamas to the Wasatch-Cache National Forest boundary. In 1953, it was extended east and north via Mirror Lake to the Wyoming state line.
|Summit||Kamas||0.000||0.000||SR‑32 (Main Street)||Western terminus|
|54.742||88.099||WYO 150||Eastern terminus (Wyoming border)|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
- Utah Department of Transportation, Highway Reference Information: PDF (35.2 KB), updated May 2008, accessed June 2008
- Mirror Lake Scenic Byway - UT Section
- Google Inc. "Google Maps overview of SR-150". Google Maps (Map). Cartography by Google, Inc. http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=UT-150&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=32.885543,83.320312&ie=UTF8&ll=40.829398,-110.886383&spn=0.490461,1.30188&z=10. Retrieved June 8, 2009.
- Deseret Morning News | Enjoy Utah's scenic heights from your car
- Utah State Legislature (1933). "Chapter 30". Session Laws of Utah. "(150) From Kamas Main street easterly to forest boundary line."
- Utah State Legislature (1953). "Chapter 45: Designation of State Roads". Session Laws of Utah. "Route 150. From route 35 in Kamas easterly to Mirror Lake and northerly to Utah-Wyoming state line en route to Evanston, Wyoming."