Utah State Route 94
|Maintained by UDOT|
|Length:||0.958 mi (1.542 km)|
|Existed:||1969 – present|
|South end:||I-70 / US-6 / US-50 in Thompson Springs|
|North end:||Thompson Springs|
State Route 94 (SR-94), located entirely within Grand County, is a 0.958-mile (1.542 km) long state highway in the U.S. state of Utah. The highway serves as a spur route into Thompson Springs. The highway was formed in 1969, at the same time Interstate 70 (I-70) was constructed through the area.
Located entirely in Grand County's Thompson Springs, SR-94 begins at a diamond interchange with exit 187 of I-70 and heads north as a two–lane undivided highway. The road turns to the northeast after intersecting a local road, passing the Utah Department of Transportation maintenance facility east of the highway. After the maintenance facility the route turns north again and passes a mobile home court and comes to an end at an intersection with Old Highway Cisco. Across Old Highway Cisco is a former railroad depot of the Denver and Rio Grande Western Railroad.
For the year 2007, a daily average of 750 cars traveled along SR-94, representing only a slight growth from previous years (in 2006, the average was 745; in 2005, 685). Fifty three percent of this traffic was composed of trucks. The average traffic measurement is collected at the interchange with I-70.
State Route 94 was formed in 1969 as a connector from I-70 to Thompson Springs. When I-70 was constructed through the area, it bypassed the town, creating a need for a connector road. The northern terminus of the route is old US-6/US-50.
|0.000||I-70 / US-6 / US-50 (Dinosaur Diamond Scenic Byway)||Southern terminus|
|0.958||Old Highway Cisco||Northern terminus|
- "Route 161" (PDF). Highway Reference. Utah Department of Transportation. May 2008. Retrieved 2008-09-30.
- Utah Department of Transportation (2005). General Highway Map - Grand County (Map). p. 3. http://www.udot.utah.gov/main/f?p=100:pg:6286208488074401830::::V,T:,367. Retrieved 2008-09-30.
- Google Inc. Google Maps – SR-94 Overview (Map). Cartography by Google, Inc. http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&saddr=Thompson+Canyon+Rd+%26+Old+Hwy+Cisco&daddr=38.961194,-109.722197&hl=en&geocode=&mra=dme&mrcr=0&mrsp=1&sz=16&sll=38.961845,-109.720073&sspn=0.006841,0.015857&ie=UTF8&ll=38.967551,-109.718957&spn=0.01368,0.031714&z=15. Retrieved 2008-09-30.
- "Traffic on Utah Highways - 2007" (PDF). Utah Department of Transportation. 2008-07-02. Retrieved 2008-09-30.
- "Truck Traffic on Utah Highways - 2007" (PDF). Utah Department of Transportation. 2008-07-02. Retrieved 2008-09-30.
- "Utah Highway Pages, 81–100 (94)". Stober, Dan.