|Owner(s)||De Persgroep Nederland|
|Publisher||PCM Uitgevers NV|
History and profile
Algemeen Dagblad was founded in 1946. The paper is published in tabloid format and has its headquarters in Rotterdam. However, the paper has also a regional focus in regard to other two cities, namely Utrecht and The Hague in addition its native Rotterdam. There it has a cooperation with local dailies. The publication employs 550 journalists in the Netherlands and abroad. AD is owned by De Persgroep Nederland and is published by PCM Uitgevers NV.
AD includes a regional supplement in the districts previously served by these regional papers. Two of them, the AD Haagsche Courant (for The Hague region) and the AD Rotterdams Dagblad (for the Rotterdam region) appear in both a morning and an evening edition.
- Rotterdams Dagblad -> AD Rotterdams Dagblad
- Goudsche Courant -> AD Groene Hart
- Rijn & Gouwe -> AD Groene Hart
- Haagsche Courant -> AD Haagsche Courant
- Utrechts Nieuwsblad -> AD Utrechts Nieuwsblad
- Amersfoortsche Courant -> AD Amersfoortsche Courant
- De Dordtenaar -> AD De Dordtenaar
- Dagblad Rivierenland -> AD Rivierenland
In the period of 1995–1996 AD had a circulation of 401,000 copies, making it the second best-selling paper in the country. In 2001 its circulation was 335,000 copies. In 2013 the paper was the second largest paid newspaper of the Netherlands after De Telegraaf. After a merger with seven regional newspapers on 1 September 2005 and ongoing reduction in readership, it had an average circulation merger of 365,912 copies in 2014.
- Newspaper evaluation sheet European University Institute. Retrieved 21 March 2015.
- Bart Van Besien (29 October 2010). "The case of Belgium". Media policies and regulatory practices in a selected set of European countries, the EU and the Council of Europe (PDF). Athens: The Mediadem Consortium. Retrieved 2 January 2015.
- "A view on media concentration" (Report). The Netherlands Media Authority. September 2002. Retrieved 9 May 2015.
- Media Policy: Convergence, Concentration & Commerce. SAGE Publications. 24 September 1998. p. 7. ISBN 978-1-4462-6524-6. Retrieved 1 December 2014.
- Adam Smith (15 November 2002). "Europe's Top Papers". campaign. Retrieved 7 February 2015.
- "Betaalde oplage grootste kranten daalt verder". Telegraaf. 7 January 2014. Retrieved 2 January 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Algemeen Dagblad.|