Uttar Pradesh train accidents
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Uttar Pradesh is a state located in the northern part of India. Following are Uttar Pradesh train accidents:
- 21 June 1969 – six passenger cars of express crashed by left a tracks and roared into Magari River killing 70 and injuring 130 in Muhammadabad, Uttar Pradesh, India
- 27 January 1982 – A freight train and an express passenger train collide head-on in heavy fog near Agra, India, killing 50 and injuring 50.
- 13 June 1985 – Agra rail disaster, Agra, India: 38 people are killed in a collision.
- 16 April 1989 – Karnataka express train derailed at Lalitpur, Uttar Pradesh, India, killing 75 people.
- 29 January 1992 - Jhansi, India : The Bhopal Junction bound 2184 Lucknow Bhopal Superfast Express train was fired by some Hindu extremists due to the riots on Babri Masjid demolition. The AC-I TIER and 3 Sleeper coaches were fully burnt, but no death report have been resulted.
- 20 August 1995 - Firozabad rail disaster, a passenger train ran into a train which had stopped after hitting a cow near Firozabad, Uttar Pradesh, India
- 18 April 1996 - Gorakhpur–Gonda passenger train into s stationary freight train at Domingarh station, outskirt of Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh, India, killing at least 60.
- 25 May 1996 – Varanasi level crossing crash, 25 people die in a collision with a tractor at Varanasi.
- 18 April 1997 – Gorakhpur rail disaster, Over 60 people are killed in a collision at Gorakhpur in Uttar Pradesh.
- 16 July 1999 – Grand Trunk Express bound for Delhi, collide with freight train near Mathura, Vrindavan, India, killing at least 17, another 200 are injured.
- 13 May 2002 - Jaunpur train crash, an act of sabotage which caused the derailment of a passenger train at Jaunpur
- 4 June 2002 - Kasganj level crossing disaster, a crash of a passenger bus with an express train near the town of Kasganj
- 28 July 2005 - Jaunpur train bombing, an explosion destroyed a carriage of an express train near the town of Jaunpur
- 7 August 2007 – 32 passengers are injured when the Jodhpur-Howrah Express derails near Juhi Bridge, Kanpur, India.
- 20 October 2009 - Mathura train accident, a passenger train collision near Mathura
- Magadh-Lichchavi collision, 2 January 2010, near the town of Etawah, about 170 miles (270 kilometers) southwest of Lucknow
- Gorakhdham-Prayagraj collision, 2 January 2010, near the Panki railway station in Kanpur, about 60 miles (100 kilometers) southwest of Lucknow
- Sarayu-tractor collision, 2 January 2010, near Pratapgarh, 61 km from Allahabad
- Kalindi-Shram Shakti collision, 16 January 2010, near Tundla, 25 kilometres from Agra
- Hariharnath-car collision, 17 January 2010, at Barha railway crossing under Haidergarh police station area in Barabanki district
- goods train derailment, 22 January 2010, near Azamgarh
- Akaltakth - Trucks collision, 1 January 2011, at Babura railway crossing in Jaunpur district
- Goods train derailment, 3 January 2011, at Dadri area of Ghaziabad district
- 7 July 2011 - In Kasganj's history, second level crossing major disaster. A bus in night about at 2 AM collided with high speed Chhapra-Mathura Express. About 69 people died in this accident.
- Train Wrecks in India. Emergency & Disaster - Management Inc.
- Khan, Atiq; Balchand, K. (3 January 2010). "10 killed as trains collide in dense fog in U.P.". The Hindu. Retrieved 17 February 2015.