|Part of a series on|
|Part of a series on|
Shri Uttaradi Matha (also Uttaradi Mutt or Uttaradi Math) (Kannada: ಶ್ರೀ ಉತ್ತರಾದಿಮಠ Devanāgarī: श्री उत्तरादिमठ) [ IAST: Śrī Uttarādi Maṭha] is a Dvaita maṭha (a monastic religious establishment) based in southern India and has great history. It is one of the original seats of Jagad-guru Śrī Madhvācārya and thus belongs to the Madhva sampradāya.
"The Supreme God also wanted to bless the souls with divine knowledge, by which they can attain salvation. For this purpose, the Supreme God — Śrī Nārāyaṇa Himself incarnated as Śrī Haṁsa and adorned the pontifical seat called the Haṁsa-Pīṭha.
The complete list of pontiffs (ācāryas) who had taken the seat of this Maṭha is as below: This list represents the authorized guru-paramparā (disciplic succession) of Śrī Uttarādi Maṭha till date (2010-2011 AD).
The list is numbered beginning from Śrī Madhvācārya
- Śrī Haṁsa (A name of The Supreme Person/Supreme Godhead, Śrī Nārāyaṇa or Śrī Hari; Paramātmā)
- Śrī Chaturmukha Brahmā
- Śrī Sanakādi
- Śrī Dūrvāsa
- Śrī Jñāna-nidhi Tīrtha
- Śrī Garuḍa-vāhana Tīrtha
- Śrī Kaivalya Tīrtha
- Śrī Jñāneśa Tīrtha
- Śrī Para Tīrtha
- Śrī Satya-prajña Tīrtha
- Śrī Prājña Tīrtha
- Śrī Acyuta-prekṣa Tīrtha
- Śrī Madhvācārya (Śrī Pūrṇaprajña Tīrtha or Śrīmad-Ānanda Tīrtha Bhagavat-pādācārya)
- Śrī Padmanābha Tīrtha-Navabrundavana,Hampi
- Śrī Nṛhari Tīrtha-Venkatapura,Hampi
- Śrī Mādhava Tīrtha-Mannuru
- Śrī Akṣobhya Tīrtha-Malakheda
- Śrī Jaya Tīrtha-Malakheda
- Śrī Vidyādhirāja Tīrtha
- Śrī Kavīndra Tīrtha-Navabrundavana,Hampi
- Śrī Vāgīśa Tīrtha-Navabrundavana,Hampi
- Śrī Rāmacandra Tīrtha-Yaragola
- Śrī Vidyā-nidhi Tīrtha-Yaragola
- Śrī Raghunātha Tīrtha-Malakheda
- Śrī Raghuvarya Tīrtha-Navabrundavana,Hampi
- Śrī Raghūttama Tīrtha-Tirukoilur
- Śrī Veda-vyāsa Tīrtha-Penugoda
- Śrī Vidyā-dhīśa Tīrtha-Ekachakranagara
- Śrī Veda-nidhi Tīrtha-Phandrapura
- Śrī Satya-vrata Tīrtha-Sangli
- Śrī Satya-nidhi Tīrtha-Kurnool
- Śrī Satya-nātha Tīrtha-Veeracholapuram
- Śrī Satyābhinava Tīrtha-Nacharkoil
- Śrī Satya-pūrṇa Tīrtha-Kolapur
- Śrī Satya-vijaya Tīrtha-Satyavijaya Nagar
- Śrī Satya-priya Tīrtha-Manamadurai
- Śrī Satya-bodha Tīrtha-Savanur
- Śrī Satya-sandha Tīrtha-Mahishi
- Śrī Satya-vara Tīrtha-Santebidanur
- Śrī Satya-dharma Tīrtha-Holehonnur
- Śrī Satya-saṅkalpa Tīrtha-Mysore
- Śrī Satya-santuṣṭa Tīrtha-Mysore
- Śrī Satya-parāyaṇa Tīrtha-Santebidanur
- Śrī Satya-kāma Tīrtha-Athakuru
- Śrī Satyeṣṭa Tīrtha-Athakuru
- Śrī Satya-parākrama Tīrtha-Chittapura
- Śrī Satya-vīra Tīrtha-Korlahalli
- Śrī Satya-dhīra Tīrtha-Athakuru
- Śrī Satya-jñāna Tīrtha-Rajamahendri
- Śrī Satya-dhyāna Tīrtha-Phandrapura
- Śrī Satya-prajña Tīrtha-Athakuru
- Śrī Satyābhijña Tīrtha-Ranebennnur
- Śrī Satya-pramoda Tīrtha-Tirukoilur
- Śrī Satyātma Tīrtha, the current presiding pontiff [3 November 1997 - till date] (Birth: 8 March 1973; Dīkṣā Accepted on: 24 April 1996; Place: Sannidhāna of Śrī Raghūttamma Tīrtha Bṛndāvana at Tirukoilur, Tamil Nadu; Pontiff: 3 November 1997) 
Its chief mission is to practice, protect, preach and propagate the ancient Vedic dharma (sanātana dharma). Since the time of its origin, till date, Śrī Uttarādi Maṭha has been and continuing to be the strong propounder of the true Vedic dharma. The Maṭha is very much committed in extending service to mankind in all spheres of life like medical care, education, disaster, calamities, wars etc.
The current pīṭhādhipati or the ācārya holding the pontifical seat is His Holiness Śrī Satyātma Tīrtha Svāmīji (Śrī 1008 Śrī Satyātma Tīrtha Śrīpādaṅgaḷavaru)
Currently this Matha has 3-4 Vidyapeethas prominent being Shri Jayateertha Vidyapeetha, Bangalore and S Shri Satyadhyana Vidyapeetha in Mumbai (Old Hindu Style Gurukuls) with boarding facilities where in students stay and continue their study in Vedas and Madhwa Shastras. Nearly 200 students are being rigorously trained here in various branches of knowledge like Grammar, Linguistics, Logic, Mimamsa, Sankhya, Yoga, Veda, Jyotisha, Advaita, Vishistadvaita and Dvaita systems. The students are also trained in Modern Philosophies.
Shri Jayateertha Vidyapeetha, Bangalore: Sudha Visharada Sri Guttal Rangacharya is the Kulapati and Vidwan Sri Satyadhyanacharya Katti is the administrator. Shri Satyadhyana Vidyapeetha, Mumbai: Vidwan Shri Vidyaasimhacharya Maahuli is the Kulapati & administrator.
Curriculum: The uniqueness of this institution is that its students are specially trained under the guidance of Shri 1008 Shri Satyatma Teertha Swamiji for 12 years with initial 9 years of training at the Jayateertha Vidyapeetha Residential Campus where they attain mastery over Kavya, Vyakarana, Sahitya, Vedas, Sankshya, Yoga, Jaina, Bauddha, Shakta, Advaita, Vishistadvaita and Dvaita Philosophies under the guidance of Kulapati Sudha Visharada Vidwan Guttala Rangacharya., Principal Vidwan Satyadhyanacharya and several other experienced Adhyapakas.
During the last 3 years of the course, the students are given extensive classes in Shriman Nyaya Sudha, Tatparya Chandrika, Tarkatandava etc., on tour directly by the learned Swamiji, thus giving the student an opportunity to expand his knowledge base by way of getting exposed, at an early age, to the scholarly world, with opportunity to meet several esteemed scholars and conducting debates and discussions with them in esteemed centers of learning across the entire country like Kashi, Prayag, Delhi, Pune, Rajahmundry etc.
Graduation After successfully completing the 12 year course, the students are awarded the title "Sudha Vidwan" in a grand convocation function called the "Sudha Mangala", held at various prime centers of learning. To make themselves eligible for the title the students have to present a paper orally before distinguished scholars and also take an oral exam in Shriman Nyaya Sudha, the magnum opus of Dvaita Philosophy. The candidate is tested for all round skills and then declared to be eligible for the title by a jury of scholars headed by His Holiness.