Vélopop' is a bike sharing scheme in Avignon, France launched in July 2009, engineered by Smoove. This community bicycle program comprises 200 bicycles and 17 stations for short term renting. The bicycles are secured by a special fork in easy to install bicycle stands with mechanical keys distributed by automatic dispensers.
- La Provence 29/05/2009 «Through its regional transports company TCRA, the whole Grand Avignon is committed to bicycle sharing with 200 bicycles and 17 stations».
- TPBM 01/07/2009 p 8: «System design by Smoove in Montpellier ... assembled in la Roche sur Yon ... firms located in Savoy, Vénissieux, Lille.»
- La Provence 22/06/2009, Avignews 15/06/2009
- velopop.fr Official web-site.
- Avignon à vélo association
- Designed and built by Smoove. Valence, Drome: Libélo (360 bikes in March 2010) and Saint-Étienne Vélivert (280 bikes in June 2010) selected the same system.
- Cycle Sud