V.I.P. (TV series)
|Created by||J. F. Lawton|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||4|
|No. of episodes||88 (list of episodes)|
|Running time||45–48 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Lawton Entertainment
Columbia TriStar Television
|Original run||September 26, 1998– May 18, 2002|
Anderson stars as Vallery Irons, a woman who accidentally saves a celebrity and then is hired by a real bodyguard agency as a famous figurehead while the rest of the agency's professionals work to solve cases. Her lack of investigation skills ends up defeating the antagonists in every episode.
The other team members are an assortment of people of different backgrounds: a former member of the KGB, CIA, FBI, a computer expert, a former law officer, a former street boxer/martial artist and later a karate master/stuntman joined.
Many first season episodes opened with cameos of famous celebrities being protected by Vallery. Among them were Stone Cold Steve Austin, Jay Leno, Charles Barkley, Jerry Springer and Alfonso Ribeiro. Loni Anderson guest-starred in one episode as Vallery's mother. In season 2, Lisa Marie Varon had an uncredited appearance as a bodyguard Kathleen Kinmont-See (Fraternity Vacation) was a guest star in the season 4 episode South By Southwest.
- Pamela Anderson—Vallery Irons, the glamorous figurehead.
- Molly Culver—Tasha Dexter, a former spy and model.
- Natalie Raitano—Nikki Franco, a weapons and explosives expert.
- Angelle Brooks—Maxine De La Cruz (Seasons 3-4, recurring seasons 1-2), Vallery's best friend.
- Shaun Baker—Quick Williams, a former boxer and martial artist.
- Dustin Nguyen—Johnny Loh (Seasons 3-4, recurring seasons 1-2), a karate master and stuntman.
- Leah Lail—Kay Simmons, a computer expert.
Awards and nominations
In 1999, the series was nominated for a Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Main Title Theme Music. In 2002, V.I.P. was nominated for three Daytime Emmy Awards, winning one for Outstanding Single Camera Editing.
The show premiered in syndication on September 26, 1998. As of February 2009, the show can be streamed for free in the US on Internet Movie Database, Hulu, and Minisodes and full episodes are available on Crackle. In Canada, episodes are available on Netflix. Episodes in Spanish debuted on CineSony on February 14, 2014.