From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A V18 engine is a V engine with 18 cylinders. A rare configuration not used in automobiles, large V18 diesel engines have seen limited use in mining, electricity generation, rail transport, and marine propulsion.
Examples of V18 engines
|ALCO 18-251||12,024 cu in (197.04 l)||4,500 hp (3.36 MW)||Diesel||Originally designed and manufactured by
American Locomotive Company; now manufactured by
Fairbanks Morse Engine.
|Cummins QSK78||4,735 cu in (77.59 l)||3,500 hp (2.61 MW)||Diesel||Derived from the V16 QSK60.
Marketed by Komatsu as the SSDA18V170.
|Wärtsilä 18V50DF||125,000 cu in (2,050 l)||23,530 hp (17.55 MW)||Diesel or
|Available for both marine propulsion and power generation, and used in e.g. Humboldt Bay power station.|
Vehicles powered by V18 engines
|Belaz 75600||haul truck||Cummins QSK78|
|Liebherr T 282B||haul truck||Cummins QSK78|
|Komatsu 960E-1||haul truck||Komatsu SSDA18V170|
|MLW M640||diesel-electric locomotive||ALCO 18-251|
- "Power Solutions: 251 Diesel Engines". Fairbanks Morse Engine. Retrieved 26 June 2011.
- "Cummins QSK78". Cummins. Retrieved 25 June 2011.
- "New Engine - Rated 3500 horsepower at any altitude". MINExpo Report. Retrieved 26 June 2011.
- "Wärtsilä 50DF". Wärtsilä. Retrieved 22 October 2011.
- Humboldt Bay, USA Power Plant Wartsila 18V50DF Natural Gas. Industrial Marine Power Forum. Retrieved on 2011-10-22.