|Industry||Electronic Document Management|
|Headquarters||Cheshire, UK, St. Petersburg, Florida|
|Key people||Janette Martin (Managing Director UK)Lynne Munns (General Manager USA)|
|Parent||Advanced Computer Software group plc (April 2007-Present)|
Known as Version One Ltd until 4 March 2013, V1 Limited is an author of electronic document management and imaging systems. These systems enable the electronic storage, retrieval, management, delivery and authorisation of business documents such as invoices, purchase orders and statements. This 'paperless office' technology is integrated into all major ERP and accounting systems. After the purchase of CSH by V1's parent company, V1 added four new solutions to their portfolio.
Version One Ltd was established in 1989 by Derek McGain. A few years later Tony Bray joined Derek as a fellow director. In October 2006, V1 launched its carbon neutral initiative to reduce and offset the company's carbon emissions. In early 2007, Version One (with a turnover of £5 million) was acquired by COA Solutions now Advanced Business Solutions for an undisclosed sum but Version One continues to operate as a separate entity.
V1 Document Management
In July 2009 Version One's American operation was rebranded as "V1 Document Management".
This was primarily to differentiate the organization from another software company in the United States called VersionOne who sell project management tools. V1 Document Management was rebranded to blue away from Version One's original burgundy colors. The new logo continues to contain the Version One tick from its parent company. American Clients include Dean Healthcare and US Airways. V1 Document Management are headquartered in St Petersburg, Florida.
Rebrand and change of legal name
Version One Ltd and V1 Document Management rebranded to V1 in March 2013 bringing its UK and US operations back under one name and offering a single global brand. Both operations continue to offer the document management solutions. This also allows V1 and VersionOne to enter the UK and US markets without confusion.
Addition of new solutions
After the purchase of CSH by V1's parent company Advanced Computer Software Plc, a number of CSH products were rebranded to become V1 products evolving V1 to more than a document management solution provider
- SharpOwl (Became V1 Professional Services Automation)
- ProjectMinder (Became V1 Project Accounting)
- FMEasy (Became V1 Facilities Management
V1 Ltd is based in Wilmslow in Cheshire with re-sellers worldwide. Over 90% of V1’s sales are via its channel of software authors and re-sellers, the remaining sales are direct. In the UK, the company's Managing Director is Janette Martin whilst in the USA, it is Lynne Munns. Prior to joining V1, Lynne was the MD of Datel Computing Ltd.
V1's software is widely used in the public, private and not for profit sectors. Clients include Virgin Trains, The British Library, Aer Lingus, Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust, H+H UK Ltd and Johnston Publishing.
Awards & accreditations
V1's Awards include:
- Software Satisfaction Awards Winner 2011 Winner - Paperless Office & Document Management 
- Green IT Awards 2011 Winner 
- Business Software Satisfaction Awards 2010 Winner - Enterprise Paperless Office & BASDA Green Software Provider of the Year 
- Green Apple Awards 2008 - Green Champion Winner 
- Document Manager (DM) Awards 2008 Winner 
- Accountancy Age Award 2008 Finalist 
- Business Software Satisfaction Awards 2008 Shortlisted
- Green Hero Award 2008 Winner
- National Business Awards Regional Finalist 2008
- Business Software Satisfaction Awards 2007 Winner
- Document Manager Awards 2007 Winner
- "V1 Company History". wearev1.com.
- "COA Solutions News Acquires Version One". Coasolutions.com. 2007-04-02. Retrieved 2011-12-27.
- Tech press coverage of the rebrand to V1
- "Advanced Computer Software buys CSH for 110 mln stg". reuters.com. 2013-03-08. Retrieved 2013-09-09.
- "FSN "Document management is one of the few constants in a rapidly changing ERP landscape" Articles written by Lynne Munns". Fsn.co.uk. 2008-01-21. Retrieved 2011-12-27.
- "2011 award winners | Software Satisfaction Awards 2011". Softwaresatisfaction.co.uk. 2011-10-18. Retrieved 2011-12-27.
- "Green IT Awards". Green IT Awards. Retrieved 2011-12-27.
- "Business Software Sarisfaction Award Winners 2010". Softwaresatisfaction.co.uk. Retrieved 2011-12-27.
- "The Green Organisation". Thegreenorganisation.info. Retrieved 2011-12-27.
- "DM Awards Email product of the year 2008". Dmawards.co.uk. Retrieved 2011-12-27.
- "Accountancy Age Award 2008 Enterprise Software Package Finalist". Accountancyageawards.com. Retrieved 2011-12-27.
- Business Software Satisfaction Awards 2008[dead link]
- "Green Hero Award Winner 2008". Crm2day.com. Retrieved 2011-12-27.
- Business Software Satisfaction Awards 2007[dead link]
- "BASDA Members List". Basda.org. Retrieved 2011-12-27.