VADS (formerly an initialism for Visual Arts Data Service) is a UK organisation that provides digital images and other visual arts resources free and copyright cleared for use in UK higher education and further education. It has provided services to the academic community since 3 March 1997, and has built up a portfolio of visual art collections comprising over 100,000 images. VADS is based at the University for the Creative Arts at Farnham.
- "More higher education news : Education Higher Links Front : Arts". The Guardian. Retrieved April 25, 2008.
- "Design Council Slide Collection". Manchester School of Art. Retrieved May 31, 2014. "As a result of these projects, over 13,000 images have been made available online via the website of the Visual Arts Data Service (VADS)."
- "VADS annual report 1997–1998". Arts and Humanities Data Service. Retrieved May 31, 2014. "The Visual Arts Data Service was officially launched on 3rd March 1997 when the full-time VADS officer began in post."
- Burslem, Mary (25 April 2008). "VADS re-launch: free copyright-cleared images for academic use". Intute. Retrieved April 25, 2008.
- "About". VADS. Retrieved May 31, 2014.