vCloud Air is a public cloud platform built on vSphere from VMware. it is a secure, hybrid cloud service built on the vSphere foundation. vCloud Air has three infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) subscription service types: dedicated cloud, virtual private cloud, and disaster recovery. vCloud Air also offers a pay-as-you-go serviced named Virtual Private Cloud OnDemand.
On May 21, 2013, the early access program for vCloud Hybrid Service was launched. On August 26, 2013, general availability was announced for vCloud Hybrid Service including features such as DRaaS and Direct Connect.
vCloud Hybrid Service was rebranded to vCloud Air on August 21, 2014. vCloud Air provides a hybrid cloud -- a public IaaS that functions as an extension of existing data centers running VMware vSphere, with common management and networking. With the rebrand of the service, they also announced a cloud computing On Demand program  that allows users to pay only for what each user needs to use for resources.
Data Center Locations
It is currently offered in eight locations in the United States including: Northern California, Nevada, Texas, Northern Virginia and New Jersey. Data centers are also located in the UK and Japan. VMware has also announced future data centers in Australia and Germany. 
vCloud Air supports more than 5,000 applications and 90+ operating systems certified to run on vSphere. The use of vCloud Air allows seamless workload portability and migration due to vSphere, which means no rewrites or recoding when moving workloads from an on-premise data center to the cloud and vice-versa.
Network virtualization allows users to configure firewalls and network to mirror on-site networks, including NAT rules and firewall rules, networks, and public IPs.
- Slashdot: Inside VMware's 'Virtual Datacenter OS'
- vCloud Pavilion Theater Schedule
- 2010 San Francisco VMware Conference Content Catalog
- VMware announces the vCloud Hybrid Service
- VMware Launches vCloud Hybrid Service, Data Centers
- VMware intros the vCloud Air Network, rebrands vCloud Hybrid Service
- VMware intros vCloud Hybrid Service to bridge cloud with datacenters
- Virtual Private Cloud OnDemand
- VMware taps into mobility market with vCloud Air
- vCloud Air Data Center Locations
- VMworld Barcelona from the notebook