|Industry||Wireless Services; Telecommunication|
|Key people||Gernot Rasch- CMO,|
On March 26, 2007, Vip operator acquired the third license for mobile communications operation from the Macedonian Agency for Electronic Communications, worth EUR 10 million, after winning on the tender for the 10 year GSM 900/1800 license. Vip operator’ commercial start was on 19 September 2007, only six months after acquiring the license.
As of September 2011, Vip has a population coverage of more than 99% with its own network.
At the end of 2013, the youngest mobile operator on the Macedonian market had over 630.000 customers with a market share of 28%.
As of May 2008, Vip operator has a strategic partnership with the global brand Vodafone
For the first time on the Macedonian market
- Vip Communicator- a VoIP solution that provides its customers unlimited communication through their computer even when in roaming.
- Vip Facebook@SMS and MMS@Facebook – first in Macedonia and second in Europe to provide this service to its customers
- Twitter via SMS – among the first 10 operators in the world providing such service to its customers.
- First to present BlackBerry solution on the Macedonian market
- Prepaid top up via web and ATMs
- Vip Android challenge – first challenge in Macedonia which invites the developers to develop applications with local value for the Android OS
- First Tablet on Macedonian market - Tablet Dell Streak
- First on the market and right after the world premiere to offer Windows Phone 7 Operating System together with LG and Microsoft
- First and only on the market, Vip and LG presented the LG Optimus 2X Smartphone
- First 3D phone on Macedonian market
Points of Sale
Corporate Social Responsibility and Sponsoring
Vip operator as socially responsible company always stands for promotion of the real values and contributes to children protection and health.
Vip always helps where it is most needed through donations, donation lines, CSR activities. Part from Vip’s engagement to society are:
- Donation of books for the school libraries in the basic schools within Macedonia
- Donation of medical equipment for oxygen therapy for premature born babies, preventing retinopathy
- Great number of donation lines opened for collecting funds
- Cooperation with the Republic council on road traffic safety for action in terms of increasing the awareness of all participants in traffic
- Participation of Vip employees in social actions – Tree day, donations
- And many more
Vip operator is the official partner of the Macedonian Handball Federation. The partnership started in the beginning of 2008, and since then, Vip follows and supports the Macedonian players in all challenges.
Vip operator is the official partner of the 31st, 32nd and 33rd edition of International Cinematography Film Festival "Manaki Brothers".
Other partnerships: Vlatko Stefanovski, Macedonian Olympic Committee, Kirilica, MABA, International Cinematography Film Festival “Manaki Brothers”
- Nikola Ljusev, CEO of Vip operator is the first and only Macedonian manager chosen to be among the 40 leading managers in the telecommunications world under 40 years
- Awards of popularity “Zlatna Bubamara” for best campaign, most inventive performance and for the support to the Macedonian handball
- Recognition by the Republic council on road traffic safety for the contribution in increasing the awareness for children protection in traffic
- Vip has been chosen as Best Employeer 2010 in the category Companies with more than 100 employees
- Best IT company for 2010 in Macedonia
- Best company on Twitter, elected by the Twitter society
- Award to Vip center in GTC as Best commercial object for 2010 by the Mayor of Skopje
- Award for comprehensive approach to CSR 2010
- Best Employer 2010, 2011 and 2012 in the category Companies between 100 - 500 employees
Vip operator is the Macedonian network of the Vodafone Group, as per agreement announced on 20 May 2008.