VMworld is an annual conference for IT professionals, focusing on Virtual server[disambiguation needed] environments, put on by VMware. It is the largest virtualization-specific event. It has been held in San Diego, California in 2004; Las Vegas, Nevada in 2005, 2008, and 2011; Los Angeles, California in 2006; and San Francisco, California in 2007, 2009, 2010,2012. The next VMworld will be held in San Francisco, California on August 25th to August 29th, 2013.
There is also an annual VMworld conference held in Europe, usually in October following the US conference.
The conference normally lasts between 3 and 5 days, and consists of presentations, whiteboard sessions and hands-on labs. The first conference was held in the Fall of 2004, and attracted more than 1600 attendees and over the years has attracted over 20,000 attendees annually.
Instead of this, VMworld also provides the free blogs to create for IT professionals who wants to share their knowledge and IT experience with the User.
- Moscone Center, San Francisco, August 26 - 30
- Band - Bon Jovi
- Fira Barcelona Gran, Barcelona, October 9 - 11
- Venetian Hotel, Las Vegas, August 29 - September 1
- Band - The Killers
- Copenhagen, October 18 - 20
- Moscone Center, San Francisco, August 30 - September 2
- Band - INXS
- Copenhagen, October 11 - 13
- Band - Bjorn Again
- Moscone Center, San Francisco, August 31 - September 3
- Band - Foreigner
- Marshall, David; Beaver, Stepen S.; McCarty, Jason W. (2008). VMware ESX essentials in the virtual data center. CRC Press. p. 204. ISBN 1-4200-7027-4.
- Golden, Bernard (2007). Virtualization for Dummies. For Dummies. p. 339. ISBN 0-470-14831-4.
- Righi, Carol; James, Janice (2007). User-centered design stories: real-world UCD case files. Morgan Kaufmann. p. 254. ISBN 0-12-370608-4.