VPS Convenience Store Group is an American convenience store chain, currently headquartered in Wilmington, North Carolina.
In October 2007, Village Pantry purchased 33 Next Door Store locations in Michigan and Indiana.
In Spring 2009, Village Pantry and three other Sun-owned convenience store chains—Young's, Li'l Cricket, and Scotchman—began reorganizing to consolidate accounting and administration with Young's and Scotchman parent company Worsley Operating Corporation. As of May 2013, the combined operation runs a total of 430 convenience stores as VPS Convenience Store Group.
Notes and references
- "Sun Capital Partners Affiliate Completes Acquisition of Marsh Supermarkets". Sun Capital Partners. PR Newswire. 2006-09-27.
- "Village Pantry Disconnects from Marsh". Convenience Store Decisions. 2007-05-07.
- Holtz, Steve (2009-06-08). "Sun Capital Chains Regroup". CSP Daily News (CSP Information Group). Retrieved 2009-01-03.
- Abcede, Angel (2009-09-05). "Bright Investment". CSP Daily News (CSP Information Group). Retrieved 2009-01-03.
- Abcede, Angel (2009-09-08). "Southeast Sun". CSP Daily News (CSP Information Group). Retrieved 2009-01-03.
- Olson, Scott (2009-06-22). "Village Pantry moving HQ out of Indianapolis". Indianapolis Business Journal.
|This United States retail business article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|