V (Spock's Beard album)
|Studio album by Spock's Beard|
|Released||August 22, 2000|
|Recorded||Lawnmower and Garden Supply, Pasadena, California|
|Genre||Progressive rock, Progressive metal|
|Spock's Beard chronology|
The release of V also produced a CD single, this time promoting the track All on a Sunday. The track itself was re-recorded in 2001 and is slightly different from the album track. Also on the single is an unreleased song called The Truth, and the music video for All on a Sunday.
This album is available as a limited edition as well, which contains a 32-page booklet that includes an interview with the band and a personal fact-sheet on all the band members, as well as a multimedia track showing the band in the studio.
All songs written by Neal Morse except where noted.
|1.||"At the End of the Day"||16:28|
|2.||"Revelation"||Nick D'Virgilio, Alan Morse, N. Morse, Ryo Okumoto||6:05|
|3.||"Thoughts (Part II)"||A. Morse, N. Morse||4:39|
|4.||"All On a Sunday"||4:04|
|5.||"Goodbye to Yesterday"||4:39|
|6.||"The Great Nothing"
- Neal Morse - lead vocals, acoustic guitar, piano, synth
- Alan Morse - electric guitar, cello, vocals
- Nick D'Virgilio - drums, percussion, vocals
- Dave Meros - bass, French horn, vocals
- Ryo Okumoto - hammond organ, mellotron
- Additional personnel
- Katie Hagen - French horn
- Chris Carmichael - violin, viola, cello
- Kathy Ann Lord - English horn
- Joey Pippin - trumpet
Similarities to Symphony X's "V"
There is some remarkable similarity with the cover of this album and the cover of Symphony X's album V: The New Mythology Suite. The latter is also the fifth album of the respective band and was released later in the same year. Both bands perform progressive music and both are signed to InsideOut Music. Also, both albums are nearly as long (their lengths differ by 18 seconds). Both bands have said that these similarities are a complete coincidence.
- Scotti, Joseph R. (2011). "V - Spock's Beard | AllMusic". allmusic.com. Retrieved 23 August 2011.